Trunkz_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Trunkz_Jr
Member since 2005 • 713 Posts

Usually playing BFV everyday instead of 2042, but I figured I'd bring this up on peoples thoughts on what the next Battlefield title could be, honestly I don't think it's going to be a hero shooter anymore, and they have 1 more chance to get it right after the disaster of 2042.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

Yeah, Bad Company 3 (maybe set it in the 80's and 90's) or a sequel to BF 2142.

I would prefer BF 2142, the modern era feels tapped out at the moment and so does WWII.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9811 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I would prefer BF 2142, the modern era feels tapped out at the moment and so does WWII.

BF3. Forget the stupid dog robots and autoturrets. No more “heroes”. Give me a scoreboard and totally destructive environments and I’m a happy camper.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

@sealionact said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

BF3. Forget the stupid dog robots and autoturrets. No more “heroes”. Give me a scoreboard and totally destructive environments and I’m a happy camper.

Yeah it was a huge mistake to go with "heroes" and all that fluff.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Battlefield series is pretty much dead. The only thing that would save it if the veteran devs came back to work on the next one and if EA gave them freedom to make it without interfering to much but this is highly unlikely. I think EA will put BF on ice again after the next game will fail which it will with all amateurs there these days.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

I'd like to see a BF1942 remake.

Aw who am I kidding? They would load it full of modern AAA trash mechanics and monetization.

avensis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By avensis
Member since 2018 • 40 Posts

for me too the Battlefield series is dead

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Probably going to be a Battlefield 4 remaster. I'd be surprised if EA lets Dice Sweden do an original Battlefield after flopping 3 games in a row.

Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Drizzle
Member since 2002 • 2429 Posts

@Trunkz_Jr: they really need to go back to what worked in BF3. The basics.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1003 Posts

@warmblur:

I think it's more of a thing where the player base of what bf is about is obviously still there. The problem is they went away from their specific player base in bf5 and the future crap of 2042. Bf is not cod or Fortnite it appeals to older players where more strategy and skill is applied. Large maps, teamwork,vehicles large weapon choices and mics are key. Specific classes to gameplay. Gameplay is more realistic aswell. Bf5 was crap like bf2042 was. They had no leveling system. Not many weapons, not many maps. A year later they released more stuff and added a leveling system. The tides of war crap was the biggest dump I've seen in in fps for leveling. It's like they went away from a war game to a Fortnite crap game. Who ever is making the next bf game needs to erase the last two installs from memory and have bfbc 2, bf3, bf4, and bf1 brainwashed into their souls before even having a idea of what the next battlefield game should be like.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

I doubt there's anyone left at EA/DICE who knows how to make a good BF game, sadly. I'll just consider the series dead, as I have since.. BF3? I think that's where they started feeling like CoD.

First they decided to make BF into CoD. Then they decided to make BF into a hero shooter. I mean, it was many, many years ago they made a real BF game. I don't think it's coming back to glory.

That said though, if they would announce Bad Company 3 or 2143, I'd be interested. But still sceptical. I want big maps, destructible environments, classes and emphasis on teamwork. Pretty sure EA doesn't.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ENI232

@Litchie:

Bf 3 was amazing. Nothing like cod lul.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7240 Posts

It's EA. Their going to try to reboot and just call it "Battlefield".

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9527 Posts

The franchise is all but dead to me after the past 3 abominations. I was looking forward to 2042 and the hype surrounding it after the last two turds and it was even worse... The only way I'm buying another game in the franchise is either if they drop a Bad Company 3 or Hardline 2. I'm not interested in anything else at this point. I don't understand how 2,3,4, both bad company games. and Hardline are so good and the last 3 have been so bad, it really doesn't make any sense at all.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

@eni232: Kids and late BF players usually say that. In BF3 they started having lots of close quarters combat, just like CoD, you died and spawned faster, like CoD, less emphasis on vehicles and teamwork, like CoD. Unlock system felt like CoD.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ENI232

@Litchie:

??? Whaaaaa. Teamwork was huge in bf 3. There were lots of vehicles they even had a tanks only game mode. Only close quarters in bf3 was the first dlc that introduced domination game mode and it wasn't that bad. Play tdm in bf 3 or any bf game it's nothing like cod. The weapons system was much deeper than cod, even deeper than bfbc 2. You seem like you are typing from the sky and posting stuff that didn't actually happen.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ENI232

@WitIsWisdom:

Bf1 was pretty good. Good WW1 game. Weapons, vehicles all gave it a WW1 feel. You aren't sapose to have a play style of current weapons and vehicles when the theme is ww1. Horses were a cool addition as well. Maps were the weak point in that game imo but there were still some good ones.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9527 Posts
@eni232 said:

@WitIsWisdom:

Bf1 was pretty good. Good WW1 game. Weapons, vehicles all gave it a WW1 feel. You aren't sapose to have a play style of current weapons and vehicles when the theme is ww1. Horses were a cool addition as well. Maps were the weak point in that game imo but there were still some good ones.

I'm well aware of the fact of how different weapons from different eras feel in video games and in real life. That doesn't change the fact I feel as though they were trash games. I just didn't like the gameplay. Kind of like how I don't really care too much for Vanguard but thought Cold War and Modern Warfare were just fine. The era has nothing to do with how much I like or dislike a game although I do prefer more of a modern setting that is irrelevant in this scenario. I prefer a tight fast paced experience and not overly cinematic camp fests. The game modes I prefer in BF games have always been things like Rush or in a few of the newer ones the one life game modes on much smaller sections of the map with no weaponry vehicles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@eni232 said:

@Litchie:

??? Whaaaaa. Teamwork was huge in bf 3. There were lots of vehicles they even had a tanks only game mode. Only close quarters in bf3 was the first dlc that introduced domination game mode and it wasn't that bad. Play tdm in bf 3 or any bf game it's nothing like cod. The weapons system was much deeper than cod, even deeper than bfbc 2. You seem like you are typing from the sky and posting stuff that didn't actually happen.

Litchie is right though Battlefield 3 was more fast paced and was catering more to the COD gamers. Battlefield 2 is a better representation of what the series is about or was I should say. It was slower pace and had more of a focus on vehicle combat and teamwork. There was no regenerating health and weapon unlocks took much longer to earn and actually made a difference. You also had commander mode that was a huge part of the game that required teamwork and it could really make a huge difference if you had a good one on your team.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ENI232

@warmblur:

Not really. You still could get that in hardcore mode and bf4 had commander mode. Its was a very team oriented game. You cannot play bf 3 like a cod game and enjoy it or be good at it. Weapons take much more skill to use.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@eni232 said:

@warmblur:

Not really. You still could get that in hardcore mode and bf4 had commander mode. Its was a very team oriented game. You cannot play bf 3 like a cod game and enjoy it or be good at it. Weapons take much more skill to use.

Well I'll agree with you that BF3 takes more skill then any COD game that's pretty much a given lol.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ENI232

@warmblur:

What point were you making in saying it catered to cod players when that's not true. I didn't play the original bf games I started at bfbc2. But from videos I saw bf was on weak hardware and a very basic game. Much like cod was on the original PS1 and PS2 if you ever played them. Bf 3 took every aspect of a bf game to a higher level. I couldn't believe bfbc2 and bf3 we're on the same console. If you ever really play bf 3 or 4 you will never compare them to mw2 or mw3. Only comparison is it's a shooter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@eni232 said:

@warmblur:

What point were you making in saying it catered to cod players when that's not true. I didn't play the original bf games I started at bfbc2. But from videos I saw bf was on weak hardware and a very basic game. Much like cod was on the original PS1 and PS2 if you ever played them. Bf 3 took every aspect of a bf game to a higher level. I couldn't believe bfbc2 and bf3 we're on the same console. If you ever really play bf 3 or 4 you will never compare them to mw2 or mw3. Only comparison is it's a shooter.

Then you don't understand what I'm talking about no offense but the old school PC only version of Battlefield that are 1942,Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and 2142 are alot more slower and tactical it was no sim obviously but it wasn't arcadey like what the series turned into and there was no regenerating health you had to depend on a medic or supply drop from your commander and it was even more vehicle focused then BF3 and 4. Battlefield became more dumbed down ever since Bad Company when it shifted to multiplatform and it started with BFBC2.

Don't get me wrong BFCB2 was fun AF but it was dumbed down compared to what the series use to be. COD4 success was part of the problem that game ruined so many great series when the gaming industry publishers saw how much it was making alot of FPS started turning more and more like COD and getting dumbed down.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ENI232

@warmblur:

Well you still have hardcore mode in bf if you didn't like regenerated health. Medics still had big roles in bf games and revives and health packs were still needed. Me personally I don't like not having regenerated health. Having it to me doesn't really change how bf is played. It's still very team oriented with vehicles in the sky and land each round. I play cod games as well and only thing that is comparable is if both games have the same weapons in it. Even after that bf weapons are more skill oriented and the attachments let the player really find their weapon to their play style. It's not just run n gun which is what cod is to this day.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Not trying to be an asshole here but to the OP, I hear the "they have one more chance" comment a lot on the internet and I roll my eyes. Nah bud, this is EA we are talking about. They got rid of so many people at that company and filled spots in quickly to make 2042, including a guy who worked on Candy Crush as the head of design? Then he leaves after 2042 releases.

EA should be the last company to be given any chances anymore.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

Forget the Battlefield franchise. EA needs to resurrect the Medal of Honor series and bring it back to glory. I'm sick of Battlefield besides BF4 which I tend to go back to from time to time but Medal of Honor needs a second chance.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts
@davillain said:

Forget the Battlefield franchise. EA needs to resurrect the Medal of Honor series and bring it back to glory. I'm sick of Battlefield besides BF4 which I tend to go back to from time to time but Medal of Honor needs a second chance.

I don't mind Medal of Honor, but there was nothing special about it. You could interchange it with any WWII COD campaign and it was basically the same shit. BF was always special until they fucked it up in recent years. I blame it on DICE taking on SW Battlefront. Ever since then, they lost focus and started putting stupid casual shit into Battlefield and took too many design cues from SW:BF. They should have just stuck with Battlefield and Mirror's Edge or created another new IP that was different from Batlefield. That way they wouldn't get confused on what an actual Battlefield game is.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ENI232

@davillain:

They tried bringing back medal of honor on PS3/360 console but it didn't get much attention. Bf and cod were still the top canines. I forgot the title but I remember playing the beta and it was ok. Didn't make me go out and buy it.