The most hours (nonstop) you have played a video game?

• 103 results
#51 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Damn, i don't really know, it might be WWE Smackdown Just Bring It. I think i played that thing for 18 hours straight after i got it

#52 Posted by Justin_G (202 posts) -

wow, there are some real troopers here.

the most i've ever played at once? (playing Far Cry 3 and some odd games got me close but enough to outdo...) my 8 hours straight of playing Metal Gear Solid when i was young, to beat it flat out, no breaks and no skipping any cut scenes either. now that is something that sticks with ya. ;)

#53 Posted by quatoe (7237 posts) -

Probably Resident Evil 4, I would play the story 12-13 hours then the Mercenaries for about 6-7 hours daily for 3 weeks. Halo 2 back in the day I played for 21 hours straight.

#54 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18990 posts) -

Probably Civ 5... man I sunk some hours into that!

#55 Posted by osan0 (15442 posts) -

9 hours straight on baldurs gate 1. couldnt stop playing.

in second is 6 hours straight playing sins of a solar empire. oh i will just conquer one more planet...ah sure i will just get my defenses set up around my new planet....better wait for those to be built before i stop playing.....ah sure i will send my fleet to the next plent while i am waiting......ITS A DEADLY CYCLE!! :p.

#56 Posted by NightlyOne (329 posts) -

The longest I have ever stayed up is playing EverQuest. I was finally able to grab a particularly popular monster camp to farm a rare item from a rare spawn (yes, one of those scenarios). It was during one of my high school summers, so fortunately I had infinite time to burn. I was determined to not let the camp go, and I ended up clocking in about 36 hours of playtime until I finally got my hands on the rare loot.

Needless to say, my head hit the pillow within a minute of looting that item. I do the occasional 8-10 hour binge but I will (most likely, depending on circumstances) never do another marathon like that again.

#57 Edited by RyviusARC (5709 posts) -

I remember spending almost 5 hours straight trying to beat Angra Mainyu in Final Fantasy X-2.

I was under leveled and didn't know the tactics to beat him correctly.

throughout that whole time my party did not wipe and I slowly picked away at the boss while constantly using Phoenix Downs to revive any fallen players.

I had maxed out on Phoenix Downs and by the end of the fight I was down to 1 phoenix down.

I thought I was going to be wiped out when I was down to my last phoenix down but then the boss dropped.

#58 Posted by ranbir_flame (415 posts) -

10 hours on a Civ5 game. Didnt get to know it had been that long.

#59 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

I think it was 11 or 12 hours playing everquest back in the day.

#60 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

I once woke up back when I was 9 or 10, and played a borrowed copy of TMNT2: The Arcade game literally all day. Never even got out of my PJ's. I've also had pretty similar marathons of Morrowind when it first arrived, and Final Fantasy 11 Online.

#61 Edited by Refresh220 (49 posts) -

I remeber playing Xenogears 11 hours each day and I beat it in 5 days.

#62 Posted by Gamerno66666 (175 posts) -

18 hours playing nfs:mw.

#63 Posted by riou7 (10841 posts) -

Playing the original Dark Souls for like 7-8 hours. I was pretty much obsessed with the game.

#64 Edited by futureops (25 posts) -

17 hours without food and shower or break,only water during a EPIC RUSH trying to complete my favourite game Borderlands 2.I succeeded.

#65 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5176 posts) -

Wow, there are some obsessive people on this thread!

I think my longest was 8 hours or so when I played all of MGS2 in one sitting. Without dying.

#66 Edited by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

Necro thread aside... I probably spent 20+ hours playing Final Fantasy VII non-stop back in the days.

#67 Posted by fully87 (69 posts) -

8 hours non stop on the original Dark Souls, Used to play marathon sessions on Counterstrike and Unreal Tournament back in the day.

#68 Posted by Hatzi (1 posts) -

Ragnarok 2, 36 hours playing but stopped for eating but still playing (spam skill on farming), can it be count as "nonstop"?

#69 Posted by robert_sparkes (3087 posts) -

Halo 3 used to easily spend 6-7 hours a day on the 360. Surprised my 360 lasted as long as it did.

#70 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2441 posts) -

When Persona 5 came out I played it for like 20 hours straight lol

#71 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

I assume this does not count bathroom breaks or grabing a meal or coffee (at home).

That being the case I think 16 hours is mine

#72 Posted by RSM-HQ (8428 posts) -

#73 Posted by Yams1980 (3513 posts) -

I think i had some pretty long World of Warcraft gameplay sessions. It was kinda like Cartman from warcraft episode in southpark where I had to crap into a bucket and keep playing non stop. "MOM, BATHROOM, BATHROOM....!!"

Civilization 5 i probably have had the longest runs also. Those late game turns are very long and you can really get hooked into an endless loop and lose track of time very easy.

#74 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (3950 posts) -

Probably Civ 5. Started a game late in the evening and didn’t stop till early in the morning. Time does not exist in that game, big reason why I stopped playing.

#75 Edited by GNS (321 posts) -

Probably LineAge 2 Chronicle 4. From 8 PM to 2 AM (so, about, 7 hours). But that was a long time ago. Never again.

#76 Edited by Vivek2211 (1 posts) -

I played Pubg for almost 8-10 hours in a day. Repeat this process for a month.

<a href="https://royalyouth.com/">Royalyouth</a>

#77 Posted by DaVillain- (36934 posts) -

Like what Jag85 said, Necro thread aside, the only game I put into was Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer alone. I totally had so much fun, I put in like over 90 hours into it. It was just that good back in the old days.

#78 Posted by Kage1 (6801 posts) -

Years ago I sat and played Doom on the SNES for about 6 hours

#79 Posted by Megavideogamer (6499 posts) -

An all nighter 7PM to 7AM a full 12 hours then sleep.

#80 Posted by sukraj (27859 posts) -

I don't spend hours on hours playing games 2 hours is enough for me

#81 Posted by Truvas (1 posts) -

i think 13 hours lol

#82 Posted by msab (6 posts) -

No more that 24 hours! back pain ...

#83 Posted by dinglydo (3 posts) -

I played Tetris for 24 hours, I shat and ate on the chair.

#86 Edited by Peter_19 (32 posts) -

Probably 9-10 hours when I spent several all-nighters with "Star Ocean: The Second Story" for the PlayStation about 10 years ago as a 22-year-old.
I would usually start playing at around 7 PM or something like that, then I kept playing until I had beaten the whole game, which I would do at around 5 AM.

The crazy thing is that I actually did this maybe 3-4 times a week for a couple months, and I also got 8 characters every playthrough
I was so familiar with the game that I could breeze through it like that every time without even thinking.
My motivation was that I tried to unlock all the voice clips, and I also tried to watch all the ending scenes.

And of course, it definitely helped a lot that I insisted on getting the Eternal Sphere, the Battle Suit and the Bunny Shoes for Claude as soon as possible every time.
He becomes a one-man army with that equipment.

#87 Posted by hwd405 (7 posts) -

When Pokemon Sun came out, I played that pretty much from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep for like, four days if I recall correctly? It was at the end of the term and I'd done all the work I was required to have done so I had plenty of time to focus on Pokemon, hahaha.

#88 Posted by manox3 (4 posts) -

Probably 4-5 hours in ACC

#89 Posted by Feronne (2 posts) -

Hm there was one time I pulled a Geometry Dash all nighter, so... about from 10:30-5:30? I did get up once to make tea though.

Ah... the juvenile days.

#90 Posted by heolamise (5 posts) -

a few years back i put in 42 straight hrs into playing dc universe online minus washroom breaks and dinner

#91 Posted by thehig1 (7305 posts) -

Epic 6 old thread brought back to life here, thread still has legs though I dont think it should be locked.

#92 Edited by DaVillain- (36934 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

Epic 6 old thread brought back to life here, thread still has legs though I dont think it should be locked.

A Moderator posted in this thread 4 years prior being 6 years old. I guess Necro threads back then was okay cause if that wasn't the case, that moderator would've locked this thread long ago. Necro thread or not, I just like reading older posters who came before me, wish some of the older users would come back at least.

#93 Posted by thehig1 (7305 posts) -

@davillain-: me too interesting to read older posters.

Some with over 50k posts just stopped posting.

Avatar image for jenfortnitelife
#94 Posted by Jenfortnitelife (10 posts) -

I played 25h straight in conan exile when I bought it.

#96 Edited by franchbg (2 posts) -

Back in the day I used to play 12h+ nonstop on the regular!

#97 Posted by franchbg (2 posts) -

used to play 12h+ back in the day!!!

#100 Posted by Jacanuk (18608 posts) -

Hmm, when I was younger and had the time I remember one weekend I did a marathon session of around 36hours