The inevitable Resident Evil/ Biohazard: Nemesis Remake (contains spoilers for Remake2 and Nemesis)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11663 Posts

Now that Resident Evil/ Biohazard 2 has been out for sometime, and the eastereggs already spread everywhere it's about time fans consider what could be next.

So these are the ones I found interesting to bring up. Feel free to add your own viewpoint(s), predictions, and any hidden Nemesis eastereggs I may have missed for the potential Remake

Brad Vickers no longer a T-Virus zombie?

Maybe he just took the helicopter and flew off. . . (again)

But seriously looking back at the original games it never really made sense that Brad would be a walking zombie of the dead. Technically much like Jill they are both infected by the Trevor parasite also refereed to as NE-α Type strain. This could be setting Brad up as a Lisa Trevor like monster of moaning sorrow once he is attacked by the main antagonist

Well we all know Jill Valentine will be more capable than Leon and Claire, plus may have a dog companion?

As most Resident Evil/ Biohazard fans know, Jill gets the job done. With Jill already surviving the mansion, Crimson Heads, Lisa, Yawn, Plant 42, and the Super Tyrant. I expect some kind of return of the dodge mechanic, or something with less RNG. May even bring over the block feature from VII for her.

Moving on, I don't recall this in the original, but at the desk of Jill she has a photo of a pet dog, not sure if it'll already turn into a zombie (potential mercy kill) or just left forgotten to the developer. However my thoughts are it would be interesting if they took some notes from another Capcom Survival Horror, Demento. I can dream. .

The Umbrella Mercenaries are heavily rewritten, or at least one of them.

Russian Veteran Solider Mikhail Viktor, the very same NPC that shouts for his fallen comrades, kicks barrels, and throws grenades in the original Nemesis game. Seems now to have been rewritten and settled down cooking for the locals of Raccoon City, with his homelands recipes. Does this mean he won't do his heroics as he did in the original? Or will he come out of retirement for his swan song in the remake?

On that note, since Resident Evil VII made the events of Outbreak somewhat canon, Nikolai Zinoviev has a chance to be an even bigger threat than blowing up a Hospital and shooting his own squad down. May even see him with the Thanatos Tyrant

I don't think bringing Outbreak events into this is a fantastic idea, yet was the first game I played in the franchise, so have some bias to re view that scene in the RE Engine.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Lol Jill more capable then Leon? Leon was an absolute bad ass by RE4. You mean Rookie Leon?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

Lol Jill more capable then Leon? Leon was an absolute bad ass by RE4. You mean Rookie Leon?

Does he mean Leon in the game that this thread is about as opposed to his appearance in a completely different game? Yeah, probably...

@RSM-HQ:

Zombie Brad was an Easter Egg in the original RE2 so I wouldn't exactly consider him canon. He only showed up if you made it to the Police Station without killing any zombies, and if you put him down by putting a ridiculous number of bullets in him, you got the locker key that gave you access to the bonus outfit for your character.

-Byshop

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

Jill valentine is my PS1 girl crush alongside Tifa (FF7) and Regina (Dino Crisis) so this is a welcomed news! Hopefully its not just easter egg and actually happens

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@Byshop: Still a dumb statement since if its RE3 it will have virtually the same controls.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
@blackhairedhero said:

You are taking my words out of context, and changing the topic please don't.

Leon and Claire in Raccoon City are young amateurs and Resident Evil 4 is based six years later after Leon Scott Kenedy gets professional training from the US government.

It's self explanatory that I was referring to the events of 1998.

So yes, Jill during this time-frame is more capable than every protagonist character at this point.

@blackhairedhero said:

Still a dumb statement since if its RE3 it will have virtually the same controls.

I think you're intentionally coming across as a jackass. Also doesn't seem you ever played the 32-bit games. Jill in Nemesis brought us the 180 spin, a dodge mechanic, and reaction feature during dire situations. All of which was not in Resident Evil 2. Jill has more options than the rookie duo_

@Byshop said:

Brad was an Easter Egg in the original RE2 so I wouldn't exactly consider him canon. He only showed up if you made it to the Police Station without killing any zombies, and if you put him down by putting a ridiculous number of bullets in him, you got the locker key that gave you access to the bonus outfit for your character.

-Byshop

Even then considering how many eastereggs they have in the game (returning and new), and that they already have some form of factual capture for Brad my assumption is they have bigger plans, but maybe they don't I dunno. Just a guess on my end.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@blackhairedhero said:

You are taking my words out of context, and changing the topic please don't.

Leon and Claire in Raccoon City are young amateurs and Resident Evil 4 is based six years later after Leon Scott Kenedy gets professional training from the US government.

It's self explanatory that I was referring to the events of 1998.

So yes, Jill during this time-frame is more capable than every protagonist character at this point.

@blackhairedhero said:

Still a dumb statement since if its RE3 it will have virtually the same controls.

I think you're intentionally coming across as a jackass. Also doesn't seem you ever played the 32-bit games. Jill in Nemesis brought us the 180 spin, a dodge mechanic, and reaction feature during dire situations. All of which was not in Resident Evil 2. Jill has more options than the rookie duo_

@Byshop said:

Brad was an Easter Egg in the original RE2 so I wouldn't exactly consider him canon. He only showed up if you made it to the Police Station without killing any zombies, and if you put him down by putting a ridiculous number of bullets in him, you got the locker key that gave you access to the bonus outfit for your character.

-Byshop

Even then considering how many eastereggs they have in the game (returning and new), and that they already have some form of factual capture for Brad my assumption is they have bigger plans, but maybe they don't I dunno. Just a guess on my end.

No name calling, please.

Regarding Brad I'm not saying they aren't planning on doing something with him. I was just agreeing that zombie Brad at the police station didn't make much logistical sense and was likely just fan service in the form of an Easter Egg.

-Byshop

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58822 Posts

I really wish they'd remaster Outbreak/File 2 with a Steam release.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ
@uninspiredcup said:

I really wish they'd remaster Outbreak/File 2 with a Steam release.

Could do without File 2, I think it's some of the worst levels, only improvement was for how communication worked and for a modern port that feature would be overhauled anyhow. And though some people prefer walking while aiming in File 2, it was noticeable that the enemy A.I. wasn't designed to react towards that feature correctly. And came across as very clunky.

Yet I would rebuy the game or collection if it came out, and more platforms the better. They're not great Resident Evil games, but are far from the worst as well.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackhairedhero

@RSM-HQ:

"Jill during this time-frame is more capable than every protagonist character at this point."

Not sure how she was more capable then Chris Redfield that doesn't make sense. Chris ultimately saves her ass later in the series as well.

I did play the 32 bit games and the minor control changes are irrelevant mainly because it will now be in third person with an over the shoulder camera perspective. The quick turn around was great with fixed camera angles but I dont see how that works with the new gameplay. Maybe a strafe mechanic could still work but since you can slowly move and shoot ( unlike the originals) I just don't see it doing much good.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
@blackhairedhero said:

@RSM-HQ:

"Jill during this time-frame is more capable than every protagonist character at this point."

Not sure how she was more capable then Chris Redfield that doesn't make sense. Chris ultimately saves her ass later in the series as well.

Chris from canon events didn't accomplish much in the manson, Jill is the one noted to slay the Super Tyrant within creators notes, and from what I've seen through his events later-on (pre-Resi7) Chris always needed heavy support to achieve anything. And while he would later be punching boulders he did not finish Albert on his own, or could have.

And without that moment of Jills sacrifice in the Spencer residence, Chris would be dead.

However can we please cease this. It has little to do with the topic. Keep it within the time-frame of the outbreak in Raccoon City. And the idea for the next remake, not future events post-Umbrella.

but I dont see how that works with the new gameplay.

Hence why I was pitching random ideas, that's the purpose of the thread. It's ideas I think they could twist or add to the next one, and you are free to do the same.

Maybe a strafe mechanic could still work but since you can slowly move and shoot ( unlike the originals) I just don't see it doing much good.

I think a strafe would be a good mechanic for Jill or something like a dodge roll. Though I think it would need restrictions to not break the game, while also not being crazy RNG like in the original. Perhaps only work when using the new blue/ red herb buff to replace the defence increase. That way it makes Jill more of a glass cannon

Again all just throwing ideas, no reason to bring in negativity, the purpose of the thread it to pitch fan ideas and expectations ツ

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@RSM-HQ: Not sure what you mean. Cannon has both Chris and Jill taking out the super tyrant and everyone escaping the mansion alive. Chris also took out the Asfords and saved Claire in RE:CV. And if it wasn't for Chris Jill would be Weskers tool.

Also nobody could take Wesker alone he was oped as shit by RE5. Regardless I'll stay on topic

A dodge roll could be cool but they have to beware of making it to action heavy. I really hope they do RE3 though its perfect for a remake and I will buy it day one. I'm really interested in what they do with Nemesis. I hope they allow him to break through walls and open up the environments a little. The game takes place alot in the city and I would like to see it a little less cramped then the previous RE games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ

@blackhairedhero:

Not sure what you mean. Cannon has both Chris and Jill taking out the super tyrant and everyone escaping the mansion alive.

Didn't really want this to become a lore dump thread so I'll make this the last effort on the side-topic, from one fan of the series to another_

I recommend looking into a Resident Evil facts book called Biohazard Archieves: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered it's from the original visionaries words and catalogued in order, from every entry in the series considered canon. Also just nice for people who like to get some context what was the 'good/ correct endings'. The book let's you know more about the series lore, what character killed which boss, and which parts of which scenarios are canon.

Jill took down Tyrant and Yawn.

Chris dealt with Plant 42 with the aid of Rebecca, Neptune, and Lisa Trevor was lured away with the aid of Albert Wesker who then turned on Chris and imprisoned him in the cell Jill finds Chris in before the mansion explodes.

Chris also took out the Asfords and saved Claire in RE:CV

Code Veronica takes place three months after everything Raccoon City, and I will admit I forgot Chris took down Alexia while Claire grieved over Steve. Very powerful creature so that is a big accomplishment for Chris Redfield. But it's still after the Raccoon City incident.

Also nobody could take Wesker alone he was oped as shit by RE5.

If we go by that time period. Leon, Ada, and perhaps Barry if he's out to save his daughter (seeing as he took out 'a' Wesker in Rev2) who was arguably equal to Alberts feats at that time.

A dodge roll could be cool but they have to beware of making it to action heavy.

Hence why I think a huge restriction would be for the best. Remake 2 seems to balance difficulty and tension really well. I would like it if Jill has more mobility than the rookies but maybe make it so she can be squashed easier. While Jill (and Barry) are my favorite Resi characters I do think they should have weaknesses as well.

I'm really interested in what they do with Nemesis.

Me as well was very impressed with how Capcom handled T-103. Haven't had that much fun with a stalking threat since Anima in The Evil Within 2.

Nemesis runs as well which will make him even worse to deal with, not to mention firing rockets at us haha.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blackhairedhero

@RSM-HQ: So Jill takes out The Snake and the Tyrant?

Chris takes out Lisa Trevor, the Shark and the Plant?

I played the remake on the Gamecube but I own it on PS4 as well. I need to replay them.

But I really hope they do a RE3 remake and then a Code Veronica remake.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RSM-HQ
@blackhairedhero said:

Chris takes out Lisa Trevor, the Shark and the Plant?

If you want to simplify it? sure. Though handing Lisa her mothers skull isn't exactly gloating material_

and then a Code Veronica remake.

I don't see any 128-bit game getting a Remake, at least in the near future. Most 32-bit games aged poorly, namely visually; while PS2/ DC/ XB/ GC games did not, and have mostly aged exceedingly well.

If a group of people named best games ever made, a lot of them would come from the early 2000's.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackhairedhero

@RSM-HQ: Ohh that's right you can't really kill her if I remember. But I thought I remember Jill getting help from Berry when fighting the tyrant. Haha all this has me wanting to play the old games. I'm actually replaying them as we speak starting with Resident Evil 0.

CV did not hold up as well as the GC remake or RE0 as it did not use pre-rendered backgrounds. I'm replaying RE0 right now on PS4 and it holds up surprisingly well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RSM-HQ
@blackhairedhero said:

Ohh that's right you can't really kill her if I remember. But I thought I remember Jill getting help from Berry when fighting the tyrant. Haha all this has me wanting to play the old games. I'm actually replaying them as we speak starting with Resident Evil 0.

CV did not hold up as well as the GC remake or RE0 as it did not use pre-rendered backgrounds. I'm replaying RE0 right now on PS4 and it holds up surprisingly well.

Jills good ending is canon inwhich both Chris and Barry fire at the Tyrant, Chris is knocked unconscious, and Barry become paralysed with fear, overall doing little damage (which makes no sense really).

Jill uses the dropped Rocket Launcher after weakening the Tyrant for a finishing blow. Some don't recall but if you use the rocket without weakening the Tyrant he will backhand the missile and the Tyrant is unharmed.

I am not much a fan of Zero, despite it being visually stunning. So will disagree with that. I consider it the worst main entry by a large margin even beating Resi5/6. And it pains me that it's considered canon, it doesn't add up and has the worst added mechanics in the entire franchise. Which is a shame because Rebecca deserved a better game. Billy could have done better as well, I liked the concept of his character.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I just completed Leon Kennedy's campaign yesterday and I must say, RE2 Remake proceeded my expectations so well, I gotta give it a 9/10! The PC version is well optimize, I Capcom did a great job with this remake. With Leon out of the way, I'm making my way with Claire 2nd run, she's more resilient and has that grenade launcher.

I wasn't interest in the easter eggs stuff, I'm trying to survive looking around for clues and stuff. All in all, I expect RE3 Remake in the works but for me personally, I want Capcom to remake Dino Crisis 1/2 because Dinosaurs are still a thing.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RSM-HQ

@davillain-: I know you're more into Dead Space, with its space station vibe and use of physics over Resident Evils core tropes, and recall you also enjoyed Resi7 changes and felt it was more your kind of experience/ VR and FP approach.

So somewhat shocked it's getting high praise from most players. And seen little negativity. After a few runs I was very happy with the results, though expected it to only please core fans. Seeing as Remake2 feels and plays like a Resident Evil greatest hits game, and intensified the difficulty (on hardcore it's without question the most challenging Resi experience). Seems to take the best aspects of the entire franchise which I think was a clever decision from Capcom.

As for Claire, she is the easier experience, Acid rounds are common to make and boss killer rounds, fire rounds are also great against Lickers compared to the shotgun. Leons only saving grace is Lightning Hawk fully upgraded is amazing, and goes without stating Leon get's the better pistol (Matilda)

I want Capcom to remake Dino Crisis 1/2

Never had a lot of love for Dino Crisis, always seemed to have identity issues. This is mostly likely because Mikami Shinji san was so prioritised with Resident Evil to give Dino Crisis unique mechanics or pacing. And that's why Dino Crisis 1 and 2 come across as rejected Resident Evil games.

The third was trying to change that and give Dino Crisis it's own identity, but ultimately from going through development hell came across as both bland and uninspiring. Less we mention Gun Survivor 3 the better. .

And the series ended at that point. Capcom didn't really want a second Resident Evil series with worse critical acclaim and worse sales.

As such I don't see it coming back in any form. From a business perspective it makes as much sense as Bubsy coming back. . Oh wait

because Dinosaurs are still a thing

Have you ever considered giving the Monster Hunter series a go yet? Probably put people off the series for how much I bring it up but it has dinosaur like-creatures

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: I think you miss my point about Dinosaur are still a thing. I was referring to the latest Jurassic Movies cause it shows people still care for Dinosaurs in a way thus, why I hope Capcom remake Dino Crisis. Sorry if I didn't explain it in details. And yes, I played Monster Hunter series but not all and I have already played Monster Hunter World on PC.

I haven't really counter any cons for RE2, there's nothing for me to say negative about anything and the only thing I'm hearing from other players is the issue with Mr. X. I find him to be more intense and he's tame this time around, he's easy to avoid and adds desperation. I do favor Dead Space series even though it did borrow the ideas from RE4 which the developers admitted, I just happen to be a huge Sci-Fi fan and stuff like that. But RE series is still my favorite since the good old days on PS1 era. RE7 to me was different take and Capcom couldn't make RE1 in first-person due to the limitation of PS1 hardware, so it fit what they wanted to do after all these years and it work. I just like the direction it went.

And one more thing, I find it much easier to kill Lickers just by swinging the Knife on them and I save ammo with this move, they go down easier with a swing of a Knife.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: And yes, I played Monster Hunter series but not all and I have already played Monster Hunter World on PC.

That's interesting, recall you showing interest from my hype thread in 2017, but from all the MH threads I've made after release never saw you express thoughts or excitement. Just narutally assumed it went under the radar. Even when the P.C. version launched I made a thread dedicated to the release.

Regardless I didn't really have a good time with the P.C. community with World, but hope you enjoy what time you spent with it, more platforms the better, a personal favorite series.

And The Witcher event is upon us (literally) I know from past conversations you hold that series with high regard_

I haven't really counter any cons for RE2, there's nothing for me to say negative about anything and the only thing I'm hearing from other players is the issue with Mr. X. I find him to be more intense and he's tame this time around, he's easy to avoid and adds desperation.

Hmm, as always I can nitpick and point out what negatives I found, but it's minor complaints.

For the Tyrant had more fun with Anima in TEW2 personally as far as a pursuing A.I. is concerned. Her patterns and encounters are more interesting than the T-103. The name Mr X still confuses me to this day, is a name from the American novels and Capcom never view it as canon. Yet it has rubbed on me in recent years as well.

I do favor Dead Space series even though it did borrow the ideas from RE4 which the developers admitted, I just happen to be a huge Sci-Fi fan and stuff like that.

Was just pointing out I recall your taste and no harm with having a personal interest or setting. We are all different, and that's a wonderful thing ツ

And though I explained why a Dino Crisis may never happen, what do I know lol. Gaming is but my hobby, I have no say in how Capcom choose projects. A Dino Crisis Remake project may happen anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: "The name Mr X still confuses me to this day, is a name from the American novels and Capcom never view it as canon. Yet it has rubbed on me in recent years as well"

Oh I can tell you that little mystery.

T-00 has been given a number of nicknames over the years. Claire refers to it as "Mr. X" in the novelization of Resident Evil 2, along with "Doctor Evil". "Mr. X" was also used in other U.S. merchandising for Resident Evil 2, such as action figures and comic books. In the English version of Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, it was nicknamed "Trenchy" by Leon, though he calls him "Coated Bastard

Also used in the official strategy guide released in tandem with the original, it's pretty official. He was named Mr. X in the novel and that has become the official name of this particular Tyrant.

Fun fact: My girlfriend called him "Frankenstein" so that’s what I’ve been going with lol.

Edit: Link to Resident Evil WiKi and hope this answer to you're long mystery question :)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RSM-HQ

@davillain-: Problem with Wiki pages is they change constantly and are usually ran by people with some false information. Biohazard Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered refers Mr X as T-103 or just simply Tyrant, even in the game when you unlock models of T-103 it just calls it Tyrant.

Because I had the day off today I've tried The Witcher Monster Hunter quest, it's very accurate to TW3 in a number of ways, and though I found it conversation heavy, seems to be something you'll enjoy when it arrives on P.C. ツ

Fun fact: My girlfriend called him "Frankenstein" so that’s what I’ve been going with lol.

I hope you wasn't a smart guy and corrected her stating "you mean Frankenstein's monster" haha.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I thought resident evil 3 was very meh, so I would need to see major changes and improvements to really every area of the game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RSM-HQ
@Shmiity said:

I thought resident evil 3 was very meh, so I would need to see major changes and improvements to really every area of the game.

Personally consider it the best of the original 32-bit trilogy, different strokes I suppose.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator

@gerlow22 said:

good game!

Do not bump old threads that are past 30 days old without a post from users.