This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Hey,i've been wanting to try this for years.

Which version of the game is/looks better?

What are the differences?

#2 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33983 posts) -
I don't think it matters that much on what version you get (I have the PS2 version), but from what I see in videos, the XBOX version has better graphics.
#3 Posted by fend_oblivion (6732 posts) -
I owned the PC version. It looked better than the console games but let me warn you - the actual game is very glitchy. Due to some scripting errors, I was never able to finish the second last level.
#4 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33983 posts) -
I owned the PC version. It looked better than the console games but let me warn you - the actual game is very glitchy. Due to some scripting errors, I was never able to finish the second last level. fend_oblivion
Hmm, I played the PS2 version and I never witnessed that.
#5 Posted by fend_oblivion (6732 posts) -
[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]I owned the PC version. It looked better than the console games but let me warn you - the actual game is very glitchy. Due to some scripting errors, I was never able to finish the second last level. nintendoboy16
Hmm, I played the PS2 version and I never witnessed that.

You won't believe how angry I was when that happened.
#6 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

To TC: Be forwarned that the game doesn't follow the book all that much...

:)

... It's a fun action game, but it's far from what Jackson is presenting in his upcoming films.

#7 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33983 posts) -

... It's a fun action game, but it's far from what Jackson is presenting in his upcoming films.

MonkeySpot

Most games based on novels don't last I checked, but the best game I can think of that DOES it's novel justice is the Gameboy Color version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

#8 Posted by fend_oblivion (6732 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

nintendoboy16

Most games based on novels don't last I checked, but the best game I can think of that DOES it's novel justice is the Gameboy Color version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

The GBC Harry Potter games were solid RPGs. I had a lot of fun with them.
#9 Posted by spike6958 (6669 posts) -
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

fend_oblivion

The GBC Harry Potter games were solid RPGs. I had a lot of fun with them.

Agreed. I wish that now WB own the games licence rather than EA, they would make a Harry Potter RPG that covers all 7 books/8 movies.