the hardest boss battle ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts
an draw between nemsis(1st run) and sniper wolf(i just got that game).
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I would have to say Metroid Prime in the original Metroid Prime for the GameCube. Man it took me a month of trying over and over again to finally beat him.
AzureEm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AzureEm
Member since 2008 • 788 Posts
Icon of Sin in Nightmare or Mogenar in Hyper Mode difficulty.
ZODIO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ZODIO15
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts
The hardest boss battle that i have ever had would need to be mass effects saren on the vetern game difficulty its almost immpossiable to get his shield down and just got a couple shots in the armour chest piece and he moves to fast when you get his health down to the middle marker or checkpoint marker but there is no checkpoint you lose you have to start all over....
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Boost Guardian,Metroid Prime 2,Hard Mode.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

I would have to say Metroid Prime in the original Metroid Prime for the GameCube. Man it took me a month of trying over and over again to finally beat him. roboccs

I actually beat this boss on my second try! One of the most memorable awesome boss battles ever. I loved how it made you think on your feet and use a skill you've never used before to defeat em. But... I'm not too great because it took me a few trys to beat Riley.

As for my hardest boss battle...

Sigma in Megaman X4 took me forever!

Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

Though the game itself was lame, the boss for Enchanted Arms was the hardest ever. It was soo ridiculous I don't think I've ever been so mand.

And next would be the plane level on COD4 on vet.

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

I would say its Vergil or Arkham (with Sparda powers) from Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die difficulty, also Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma has good candidates. The Kratos vs tons of Kratos fight in God of War in God Mode is really thought too.

In other genres... Igniz from King of Fighters 2001 in almost any difficulty

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

in the game Legend of Lagaia for PS1 there was a minotaur boss trying to destroy a pillar holding up an undeerground world. I can't remember his name right now, but he was absolutely brutal. His basic attack would knock off about 90% of any character's hit points, and he had a magma attack that would do the same to ALL charaters. Once I figured out his rhythm it was pretty easy going, until his countdown attack. Must have taken me a week of trying to get past that bastard.

Of course, pretty much every boss in that game put you to the test...

teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 teldath
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
the final Virgil Fight in DMC3 on DMD difficulty was the hardest boss i have ever faught
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I could list a dozen of shmups but i'm afraid you people wont even know what the genre is :P

So i'[l go for the mediocre answers:
Agni&rudra (DMC3)
Alma (ninja gaiden)
las boss from Shinobi (PS2)
Avatar image for tunasandwich395
tunasandwich395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tunasandwich395
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
This probably woyuldn't be hard nowadays but when your 7 years old abd it's your first RPG.... In Paper Mario for the 64 the cloud guy. That was anough to make me sell it to Gamestop a long time ago. I seriously regret that especially two years ago when i got the urge to play it, picked it up at an 80's style video store for 10 bucks :P
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#13 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
For me it's either Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts or the second to last battle with Anubis in Zone of the Enders: The Seond Runner.
Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts
Whatever that final boss was in Street Fighter 2010.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#15 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts
Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream from Punchout!!
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

i thought the final battle from final fantasy 8 was pretty difficult... it's been forever since i've played it, but i remember that all of my characters were on lvl 99 as were my summons, but the way the magic system was set up you shared magic or something... and the final boss picks three characters at random, so you got lucky, or screwed.

oh yeah, and dude from onimusha... the last guy. if you didn't get that super awesome zombie samurai killer sword, he's brutal.

GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 GamerTron0
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts
I think that 1 dude who has a really really long sword in kingdom hearts 2 would be one the hardest bosses ever.
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts
Nightmare,the blob boss or whatever from Devil May Cry is very tough imo.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Ozma in Final fantasy IX. It took me so many tries until I finally somehow managed to defeat him! :o
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
Mundus in Devil May Cry 1 on hardest difficulty. Vergil 3 on DMD is also hard.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
The Guy from I Wanna Be The Guy. I believe I've been stuck on him for 2 weeks now.
nickpasq13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nickpasq13
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

in the game Legend of Lagaia for PS1 there was a minotaur boss trying to destroy a pillar holding up an undeerground world. I can't remember his name right now, but he was absolutely brutal. His basic attack would knock off about 90% of any character's hit points, and he had a magma attack that would do the same to ALL charaters. Once I figured out his rhythm it was pretty easy going, until his countdown attack. Must have taken me a week of trying to get past that bastard.

Of course, pretty much every boss in that game put you to the test...

-starman-

yes, i remember that boss too he was very hard to beat

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I would have to say Metroid Prime in the original Metroid Prime for the GameCube. Man it took me a month of trying over and over again to finally beat him. roboccs
On hard difficulty? lol that would give you nightmares.... For me, it would have to be dullahan from Golden Sun 2. Its pretty much impossible to beat him head on without using that summoning strategy. Even then, if he uses djinni storm, might as well ssy game over....
spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#24 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

oh yeah, and dude from onimusha... the last guy. if you didn't get that super awesome zombie samurai killer sword, he's brutal.

sofaking_bob

My answer completely. This game is taunting me with it's pants down. Worst part is I used up all my herb and stuff and my save is just before the boss battle. *cries*

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts
Out of the games I've played I'd say the giant fish boss in the water temple in Zelda: Majoras Mask. Ugh, my best is beating him and only using 2 fairies.
grimhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 grimhope
Member since 2003 • 978 Posts
Man, you guys havnt played too many old school nintendo games have you? HOw about the last guy in Rygar for NES. That guy is INSANE!
PSX-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 PSX-man
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts
Jinpachi from Tekken 5, without a doubt!!
spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#28 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

Jinpachi from Tekken 5, without a doubt!!PSX-man

Well said! I don't CHANGE my vote.. but this gets added to it for sure. Hate those fire balls!

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
Man, you guys havnt played too many old school nintendo games have you? HOw about the last guy in Rygar for NES. That guy is INSANE!grimhope
the shadow man? yeah, he was rough when i was little... but that whole game was rough when i was little... i can beat it pretty easily now.
TheFireFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 TheFireFlower
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
really you have trouble with Jinpachi? I thought he wasnt too hard, but im just good at fighting games I guess. But anyways I think the hardest boss battle to me is probably The Joker from the Batman game, he was pretty hard.
Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#31 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

the ones that come to mind are... the last boss in jet force gemini, and emerald weapon in final fantasy 7 (which i beat simply by luck after many many tries; even at level 99 with that w/item thing)

NoQuarterGiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NoQuarterGiven
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts
Final battle in Shadow of Rome on harder difficulties (Antonius, maybe?) and the boss at the end of the Adventures of Bayou Billy (I died and fought them without the whip, made the fight significantly harder).
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
chaos from final fantasy 1 for the original NES.... i don't know if he's the hardest boss i've ever played but he got up there in the ranks. by the time you get to him you've used all your potions staying alive and a LOT of your magic re-killing the fiends. then you get to him and he starts going haywire with instant death spells and if you're lucky, one of your characters has a ribbon (if you're smart its the white mage) if you're underleveled you might not even make it to him.

now do this with a party of white mages that haven't gotten the c|ass change. THAT is hard.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

i havent really played a ton of boss battles over the years, but I think Mike Tyson in "Mike Tyson's Punchout" was pretty dang tough for its time. and the final story mission in GTA: SA was tough.

really its amazing how many games i own that i've never finished. I have games that i've owned for years and just got sick of playing and never really tried to beat. but I have no urge to sell any of them to Gamestop.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
Peninse - FFX
Rej72380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#36 Rej72380
Member since 2003 • 545 Posts
The final boss from the arcade game Kuri Kinton. I'm just very lucky to beat him even once. What a cheap bastard the boss was.
G6games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 G6games
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

hardest one I've played recently is the last huge dinosaur boss on Turok on the ps3 on hard mode. It took me days to beat it.

the closes call was on golden sun 2 the 3 dragon head last boss. I can beat him somewhat easy now but back then I had very few Dinjji and I beat him with just felix remaining with 1 HP.

the hardest one i know alot of ppl could of found this boss easy to normal but it was Sonic 2 on my Sega. it was the last boss he kept coming back and you didn't have no rings. I just hate it when you only have one lick left cause that puts my nerves on the edge and makes me mess up. If that wasn't bad enough you had limited turns.

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
id have to say the final bpss in Zelda II that was pretty hard and I did it wothout an game genie codes too
dinodefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dinodefender
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

hmm how about super contra last boss without the spread gun. or any special weapon, just the starting rifle.