The Game No One Should Buy To Play (One of The Worst Game of Ever)

kuasha786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuasha786
Member since 2004 • 302 Posts

I can only blame myself now to bought this game to play (Man of Medan). This game is completely trash. Nothing was good. From story line to graphics .... just pure crap. Let me tell ya all step by step the reason I hated this game. I apologize in advance if my points and negative review about this game hurt the ones who loved it.

1. Too Short:

I really can't remember when did I play such a small game last time. I completed the game in 3 hour and 41 minutes. Its just like you have started something and it finished instantly.

2. Story Line:

The game is so boring and slow that 80% of time you only have to sit and eat popcorn watching the game progress as the game controlling will not be in your hand rather than boring animations. Really!!! It seemed like I paid a flop boring B grade movie instead of a game. So far I can recall the game was commercially presented as a very scary game. Scary my foot. I even did not jump for a sec. You may feel chill twice but that's it, nothing more. Believe me.

3. Gameplay:

As I already said from beginning till end of the game almost 80% time you only have to sit tight and watch and the rest 20% time is not even worth. You only have to walk, make some choices and select some options .... that's it. The most irritating fact is, some options will pop up and go so fast even before you make yourself ready to press.

4. Graphics:

Character wise the graphics was not as good as of many present games. Even the environment and atmosphere of graphics were not that high. To me the graphics and animations of Until Dawn was far much better than Man of Medan.

Final Verdict:

As a gamer and from extreme curiosity if you can play this game at free of cost then give it a go only to book that at your hate list. Again to say, this game is a pure crap. I only played it cause I liked Until Dawn. Next time before buying any Supermassive Games I will definitely go through a complete research and only on the basis of positive feedback and review I will give myself a go to try.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I absolutely hated it too, but keep in mind this is an episodic game, there will be more coming out soon. My problem with it was the awful story, awful characters and the constant lazy jumpscares. Plus the annoying man in between chapters offering you hints as if you couldn't figure out what's going on after 10 seconds of gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I enjoyed it.

kuasha786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kuasha786

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Plus the annoying man in between chapters offering you hints as if you couldn't figure out what's going on after 10 seconds of gameplay.

Completely agree with ya on that. Lol

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Hmm an interesting thread.

If I recommended one game for people to avoid it's Little Big Planet 3.

It's not by the creators of the first two games (Media Molecule) nay, is developed by the Crackdown 3 developer Sumo Digital.

LBP3 is an unoptimised mess, known for deleting your save-data on a whim, and crashes all the time that would even make Todd Howard sweat. Alas that's not even going into the game when it works. Will spare all that if anyone is sensible enough already to avoid.

On release places like Gamespot and people pretending to own a PS4 claimed the game to be a "must buy". All the people saying this are full of ****. It's not worth money nor your time, in fact, it's worse than a bad game, it's a complete mockery of anything it tried to be, and then some. A killer of an otherwise beloved franchise.

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Well Man of Medan is just first part of anthology of horror stories collected in The Dark Pictures. Next one in line is Little Hope so if you hated MoM be sure to avoid that one as well.

As to myself, I 100% Until Dawn and that game (from the same studio and visually and gameplay wise the same) taught me what to expect and how to play.

It's an interactive story so it's mostly exploration and decision making and it's meant to be played multiple times in order to see all the different endings and lets me honest, all the character deaths.

If you want to 100% Man of Medan it's gonna take you longer then just 3h playtime.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Hmm an interesting thread.

If I recommended one game for people to avoid it's Little Big Planet 3.

It's not by the creators of the first two games (Media Molecule) nay, is developed by the Crackdown 3 developer Sumo Digital.

LBP3 is an unoptimised mess, known for deleting your save-data on a whim, and crashes all the time that would even make Todd Howard sweat. Alas that's not even going into the game when it works. Will spare all that if anyone is sensible enough already to avoid.

On release places like Gamespot and people pretending to own a PS4 claimed the game to be a "must buy". All the people saying this are full of ****. It's not worth money nor your time, in fact, it's worse than a bad game, it's a complete mockery of anything it tried to be, and then some. A killer of an otherwise beloved franchise.

you really loved LBP1&2 huh.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Probably The Legend of Heroes: Gagharv Trilogy on PSP.

Not only it has an absolutely terrible english translation port, the battle system been butchered from the more real time battle in the Japanese PC ver to turn based in the PSP english ver and the balancing is out of the window, enemies either way too weak or way too strong. I kinda gets it if only 1 game gets butchered but its crazy how all 3 game received the same poor treatment. Had an amazing redemption with the Trails in The Sky/Cold Steel subseries.

Some other sticks out like Lunar Dragon Song and Xenoblade 2 but The Legend of Heroes: Gagharv Trilogy on PSP is always the first game that sticks out to me when talking about these worst things. Probably because I actually finished 2 games while the 3rd one a bug happened I just cannot continue after a cutscene at the boat I got so annoyed.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts
@sakaixx said:

you really loved LBP1&2 huh.

Really did, was part of the Planetarium and Sackinima community which was very active on 4Gamer. Played, contributed, shared, and messed around. Such a shame to see it slide to a pit of ****.

Hope no one is too excited for Sack Boy: A Big Adventure, it's Sumo Digital again. . .

Easy come, easy go. A few series had adored go to a bad place, even Resident Evil and Devil May Cry was going that direction till Capcom did a last second fix.

At least MH still remains strong, and hope it keeps the spirit of the hunt going for many future entries_

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

For me, currently, is Diablo 3. I bought it around January, never played it before, thought it would be cool and all, but... oh, God, what a slog it was to just go through the main campaign (haven't finished Act V yet and will not finish it; decided to quit today). Come to think of it, I now realize that I don't particularly fancy any diabloyee type game (Path of Exile, Diablo 1, 2, Torchlight etc.), although, Incredible Adventures of Van Hellsing was awesome for me for some odd reason... Probably, the most frustrating aspect of D3 was the freaking huge maps and finding the waypoint so you can finally safely exit the game. 28 EUR WASTED!!!!

kuasha786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kuasha786

@warmblur said:

I enjoyed it.

Please share of your reasons to enjoyed that game.

kuasha786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kuasha786
@hankmulder said:

Well Man of Medan is just first part of anthology of horror stories collected in The Dark Pictures. Next one in line is Little Hope so if you hated MoM be sure to avoid that one as well.

As to myself, I 100% Until Dawn and that game (from the same studio and visually and gameplay wise the same) taught me what to expect and how to play.

It's an interactive story so it's mostly exploration and decision making and it's meant to be played multiple times in order to see all the different endings and lets me honest, all the character deaths.

If you want to 100% Man of Medan it's gonna take you longer then just 3h playtime.

I am going to avoid the upcoming one for sure cause I hated horribly this one. I even don't wanna waste another 3:41 hours time of mine to see the other endings. It already ended me pretty badly. Extremely bad game. To me the best interactive game is Detroit Become Human, Life Is Strange, Heavy Rain and so on.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I know it's not worth mentioning but I think Anthem is the worst game in recent years. With an evil publisher(EA) and many of the high ranking developers left the studio(BioWare), it's not a big surprise for me.

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

@kuasha786 said:
To me the best interactive game is Detroit Become Human, Life Is Strange, Heavy Rain and so on.

All of those are amazing although Life Is Strange season 1 is amazing, rest are really meh.

But Detroit... I cried manly tears at one point, I really did.

But let me contribute to the topic and say that one of the worst games I've ever played is Blood Omen 2 from Legacy of Kain series. How they managed to do that after Soul Reaver 1 and 2, I'll never understand.