This topic is locked from further discussion.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

Who here agrees that SEGA should make a sneak attack and release a new console? I mean the dreamcast was just almost so perfect and inovative that I really wish it didn't fail. I never owned one but it would be really nice to see it happen.

I feel if they did, they would make it inovative and have great graphics for a good price. (use blueray player though)

I think its blu ray isn't it? im not sure so don't hate lol.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

By this point in time I'm sure Sega realizes that if they were to release a new console (making 4 consoles available), that if it flopped they'd get laughed right out of the industry.

It's a pride thing. I think Sega likes being back to software development.

Gr3atOn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gr3atOn3
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

By this point in time I'm sure Sega realizes that if they were to release a new console (making 4 consoles available), that if it flopped they'd get laughed right out of the industry.

It's a pride thing. I think Sega likes being back to software development.

treedoor
i agree completly but it would be cool if they did i remember when the dreamcast first came out the first people who got it got a free shirt lol
akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

but face it, sega just doesn't make good software. I think if they really tried and put effort into it and made it have something the others don't, it would sell pretty good. It could be unique while also doing stuff like project natal but differant and wouldn't be forced.

Look at microsoft, no background on hardware and they xbox 360 is doing very good in terms of sales. (rrod is bad)

just make sure they release it the same time with another console, not early and not later. they could also pull a halo and find a good developer and make a high budget launch title.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I don't think SEGA could pull that off right now with 3 consoles on the market already and the sheer dominance of the Wii. Of course, the Wii might not necessarily be in true competition with the HD consoes.

Right now it looks like SEGA will emerge as a major JRPG pubisher, or at east i hope so.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

iv got 2 dreamcast i stil play it got about 50 games i think the games are sick the dreamcast is sick they should make another but not this generation,

Avatar image for LithuanianGamer
LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LithuanianGamer
Member since 2009 • 2997 Posts
If sega would be back it would be something like 9/11,but with more casualties
enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Yeah, but no Blu-Ray player, then it'd be all expensive unless they wanna lose money. D= I'm happy with plain old double-layer DVDs.

Exactlamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Exactlamento
Member since 2009 • 181 Posts
it would be totally awesome, but unlikely. The market right now is just way to oversaturated, not to mention brutal (more Recession anyone?). Oh and the price drops are appearing like weeds all over the place. They can do this because theyre systems have been established... I mean Sega's been out of the game since what 99-ish. To produce a cheap, powerful system, with great game-support, AND... not getting completely laughed out to the market...yeah good luck with that. maybe when it cools down in a few years, I really miss Jet Grind Radio, and Sonic Adventure 2 DREAMCAST FOREVER!!!