The Crew will run at 30FPS/1080p on all platforms

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

It's going to run that on X1, PS4 and PC, so that's at least some good news for the X1 platform

Link

The Crew is set to be one of the most-anticipated racing titles of the year, and with new technical info revealed by Ubisoft, we know that the game will look fairly pristine while in the middle of a race.

A publisher representative on Ubisoft’s forums confirmed the technical specifications for The Crew, detailing that the game “will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, and will support up to 5760x1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups.”

After other posters on the forum seem to have found a way to unlock frame rates beyond 30fps on PC (but that may have an affect on the game’s control set-up), the publisher rep also clarified on the matter, saying “right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock [60fps] in the file you’ve found, but it may affect the game’s performance. Your call.” The comment was later edited by the rep though, to mention:

“We can officially say that we’re aiming for 60FPS on PC at launch. Our Beta build is still more performant at 30FPS, but you can expect to play at 60FPS on PC when the game is launched.”

The Crew launches for PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on November 11th, 2014.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

The 60 fps option is in the menu of the pc version but grayed out.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Honestly if anyone cares about this its because they have no idea how small the difference actually is.

Most normal gamers will not be able to tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Most normal gamers will not be able to tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps

True. Aside from the average joes and janes studying it, the only folks that can really see the difference are probably film editors and game designers.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Jacanuk: There's actually a significant difference between the framerates. As a comparison, the Halo franchise is locked at 30. Call of Duty, on the other hand, runs at 60. Tell me nobody sees the difference between how the games run.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

@mastermetal777 said:

@Jacanuk: There's actually a significant difference between the framerates. As a comparison, the Halo franchise is locked at 30. Call of Duty, on the other hand, runs at 60. Tell me nobody sees the difference between how the games run.

I disagree and i stand by that most normal gamers won't be able to tell the difference between a game running in 30fps or 60fps, the actual difference is so small that most wont be able to tell.

Its all in your head and because you know there is a difference, the human eye is more forgiving and unless you sit and play everyday or work in the industry, your eyes wont notice the difference.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@dakan45 said:

The 60 fps option is in the menu of the pc version but grayed out.

that depends on the pc mate

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

It depends on the game, the platform, the tv/monitor and sometimes your familiarity with gaming running at certain speeds.

With console games there's a target fps and devs use a bunch of cinematic effects like blur to smooth out the motion. Ryse looks great and it never goes above 30fps. Because devs know what fps you will be running the game at, they can do a lot of things to make it look very smooth.

Pc game development is obviously dealing with variable specs and generally the games have minimal effects added to smooth out motion.

TVs tend to have a lot of built in image processing, which further affects the way movement appears. Monitors tend to have very little built in image processing.

I play skyrim on both PC and consoles. My PC version occasionally runs into this glitch where the the frame limiter in my enb randomly turns on, slowing the game to around 30fps. I notice it instantly. No idea how fast the console version runs. Would have to look it up. That's usually the case with console games - i have no idea how fast they're running.

Generally the only thing that really matters to most gamers is stability. If the frame rate is constantly hopping around, you're gonna notice and it's going to bother you. But if it's stable at 30, it should look fine, assuming you're not used to seeing it at 60fps+ and you're not a master race gamer.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@Ish_basic said:

It depends on the game, the platform, the tv/monitor and sometimes your familiarity with gaming running at certain speeds.

With console games there's a target fps and devs use a bunch of cinematic effects like blur to smooth out the motion. Ryse looks great and it never goes above 30fps. Because devs know what fps you will be running the game at, they can do a lot of things to make it look very smooth.

Pc game development is obviously dealing with variable specs and generally the games have minimal effects added to smooth out motion.

TVs tend to have a lot of built in image processing, which further affects the way movement appears. Monitors tend to have very little built in image processing.

I play skyrim on both PC and consoles. My PC version occasionally runs into this glitch where the the frame limiter in my enb randomly turns on, slowing the game to around 30fps. I notice it instantly. No idea how fast the console version runs. Would have to look it up. That's usually the case with console games - i have no idea how fast they're running.

Generally the only thing that really matters to most gamers is stability. If the frame rate is constantly hopping around, you're gonna notice and it's going to bother you. But if it's stable at 30, it should look fine, assuming you're not used to seeing it at 60fps+ and you're not a master race gamer.

unless you have a good rig, that's true

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

The game needs to step up in the "Graphics Department" ....played beta and i have to say it's like 2010 , it's beta tho ...

About the frame rate thing , i'd rather lock it on 30 and have more detailed textures and stuff.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@mjorh said:

The game needs to step up in the "Graphics Department" ....played beta and i have to say it's like 2010 , it's beta tho ...

About the frame rate thing , i'd rather lock it on 30 and have more detailed textures and stuff.

i signed up for the console version, i am looking forward to how it's going to look there

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@mjorh said:

Utter nonsense

The graphics on ultra is perfect for a racing game anno 2014/15 is there "bugs and glitches" well its beta.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

so, howz da gameplay? will crap gameplay run on subpar tech? go speed racer go.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@udubdawgz1 said:

Have you even seen any gameplay?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@udubdawgz1 said:

The Gameplay is as any racing game , nothing new there but the new thing is the sheer size of the map and the way the missions are, this is the future of multiplayer, a game where you can be the lone wolf and still have a great experience and also be the social butterfly when you want and still have a great experience. Also there is plenty to do without sticking to the missions and the story.

Ubisoft has a potential hit on their hands if they manage to fix some of the major bugs and also fix some of the design errors. But so far this is a solid 7/10

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: no and the thing i'd talk about last would be it's f'in specs. if you're talking specs than you might as well talk about pc vs consoles, in general. in fact, f consoles and this current generation.

or, am i out of bounds?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@udubdawgz1 said:

@The_Last_Ride: no and the thing i'd talk about last would be it's f'in specs. if you're talking specs than you might as well talk about pc vs consoles, in general. in fact, f consoles and this current generation.

or, am i out of bounds?

What? This generation has barely started...

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

Honestly if anyone cares about this its because they have no idea how small the difference actually is.

The difference is exactly

30fps.

If you have any conclusive evidence pertaining to your second statement I would like to see it.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@mjorh said:

Utter nonsense

The graphics on ultra is perfect for a racing game anno 2014/15 is there "bugs and glitches" well its beta.

Prove me wrong , take some shots . i've seen the E3 demos and the game looked awesome there but in this beta it's terrible i dunno what the hell is wrong , it's on ultra.

It's the master of customization and tune up , racing is fun and overall i think it's gonna be 8/10 , my only concern is graphics.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacanuk

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

30fps.

If you have any conclusive evidence pertaining to your second statement I would like to see it.

Google is your friend, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of videos showing you the small difference. And good for you if you can "see" the small difference.

@mjorh said:

@Jacanuk said:

@mjorh said:

Utter nonsense

Prove me wrong , take some shots . i've seen the E3 demos and the game looked awesome there but in this beta it's terrible i dunno what the hell is wrong , it's on ultra.

It's the master of customization and tune up , racing is fun and overall i think it's gonna be 8/10 , my only concern is graphics.

I would show you the footage i have, but i hate when people advertise their youtube shit, so i wont do that.

But Youtube is your friend there are tons of videos up where you can see the ultra setting in "60fps"

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

30fps.

Google is your friend, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of videos showing you the small difference. And good for you if you can "see" the small difference.

@mjorh said:

@Jacanuk said:

@mjorh said:

Utter nonsense

I would show you the footage i have, but i hate when people advertise their youtube shit, so i wont do that.

But Youtube is your friend there are tons of videos up where you can see the ultra setting in "60fps"

youtube's comprassing quality is shit and im not sure but i think it might skip unnecessary frames (unless you did some tweaks to go around the comprassion) there is a really clean difference between 30 and 60 fps but its not like unbeareble on 30 fps

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@humanistpotato said:

youtube's comprassing quality is shit and im not sure but i think it might skip unnecessary frames (unless you did some tweaks to go around the comprassion) there is a really clean difference between 30 and 60 fps but its not like unbeareble on 30 fps

In terms of seeing graphics youtube is good if the video quality is good, so of course dont look at at a 480 homevideo of the tv screen playing The Crew.

In terms of 30/60FPS i said Google not youtube since there are other video sites that doesnt cap their quality and you can find good videos that will show comparison videos.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commonfate
@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

30fps.

Ah, so you think there is a small difference and that's fair.

When you posted "most normal gamers" I mislead myself into thinking that you were actually talking about people other than yourself.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jacanuk

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

30fps.

When you posted "most normal gamers" I mislead myself into thinking that you were actually talking about people other than yourself.

Having trouble understanding the english language? because when i wrote most normal gamers i meant most normal gamers. If it was just me i would have wrote that.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By commonfate

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:
@Jacanuk said:

30fps.

Having trouble understanding the english language? because when i wrote most normal gamers i meant most normal gamers. If it was just me i would have wrote that.

You have yet to substantiate such a claim so unfortunately you cannot speak for what you consider to be "most normal gamers" until you do so.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

You have yet to substantiate such a claim so unfortunately you cannot speak for what you consider to be "most normal gamers" until you do so.

I dont have to do anything.

You can believe what ever you want

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 commonfate

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

So, you don't have any proof for your earlier statements?

I am not choosing to believe one way or the other on a whim, I just want to know why you think "most normal gamers" can't tell a difference between 30fps and 60fps.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk
@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

I am not choosing to believe one way or the other on a whim, I just want to know why you think "most normal gamers" can't tell a difference between 30fps and 60fps.

I didn't think i needed to show up with 100 page report when it came to common knowledge.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 commonfate

@Jacanuk said:
@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

I didn't think i needed to show up with 100 page report when it came to common knowledge.

You are the first person I've encountered on these boards to think that "most normal gamers" can't tell a difference between 30fps and 60fps so I can't exactly consider that common knowledge. I mean if this is such a widespread belief surely you have something to show for it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:
@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

You are the first person I've encountered on these boards to think that "most normal gamers" can't tell a difference between 30fps and 60fps so I can't exactly consider that common knowledge. I mean if this is such a widespread belief surely you have something to show for it.

I think you have been spending too much time down in system wars.

Unless you spend every day in front of a screen playing games mostly on 60fps most normal people playing games wont be able to notice that its only 30fps. Particular not when a majority of games never go above that.

And honestly i thought that was pretty much common knowledge since in most regular forums i havent heard anything else, i know System Wars has their own thing.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 commonfate

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:
@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

Unless you spend every day in front of a screen playing games mostly on 60fps most normal people playing games wont be able to notice that its only 30fps. Particular not when a majority of games never go above that.

And honestly i thought that was pretty much common knowledge since in most regular forums i havent heard anything else, i know System Wars has their own thing.

If common thought in GGD is that there is no difference between 30fps to 60fps and that's where you get the idea of normal gamers from then fair enough.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jacanuk

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

If common thought in GGD is that there is no difference between 30fps to 60fps and that's where you get the idea of normal gamers from then fair enough.

Now you are trying to pull a fast strawman.

I didn´t say there wasn't an difference, i said that most gamers who dont spend every day playing games would be able to tell the difference from a game running in 30 fps to one running in 60.

There is a difference.

And anyone with 1 ounce of common knowledge knows this, the whole oh 30 fps is so terrible and any game should be played in 60fps is only constructed in the mind of fanboys and people who think they are hardcore. Except if you are a e-sports pro or working in the industry.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 commonfate

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

@commonfate said:

@Jacanuk said:

Now you are trying to pull a fast strawman.

I didn´t say there wasn't an difference, i said that most gamers who dont spend every day playing games would be able to tell the difference from a game running in 30 fps to one running in 60.

There is a difference.

And anyone with 1 ounce of common knowledge knows this, the whole oh 30 fps is so terrible and any game should be played in 60fps is only constructed in the mind of fanboys and people who think they are hardcore. Except if you are a e-sports pro or working in the industry.

And this brings us back to my original post, you are making unsubstantiated claims. You've now jumped from "most normal gamers" to "gamers who don't spend every day playing games."

I never said anything of the sort regarding your last statement. Please stay on topic.