The best Castlevania Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

The best Castlevania game on my opinion is the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.Dark and very gothic.And my favorite castlevania hero is the heroic Alucard.

The 3D castlevania games they are not very good.The next 3D castlevania game it must be look like the devil may cry.It would be more cool if it played like Devil May Cry.After all devil may cry for me it is like a 3D Castlevania game.I hope for a good 3D castlevania game in the future.:cry:

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
SotN or CotM
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

My vote goes for Symphony of the Night.

The 3D castlevania games they are not very good.The next 3D castlevania game it must be look like the devil may cry.It would be more cool if it played like Devil May Cry.After all devil may cry for me it is like a 3D Castlevania game.I hope for a good 3D castlevania game in the future.:cry:

Panosola

Fun fact: I played Lament of Innocence before I played any DMC games, then when I finally got around to playing the first DMC I kept thinking "Wow, this is exactly what LoI would have been like if it was actually GOOD."

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

My vote goes for Symphony of the Night.

[QUOTE="Panosola"]

Abby88

Fun fact: I played Lament of Innocence before I played any DMC games, then when I finally got around to playing the first DMC I kept thinking "Wow, this is exactly what LoI would have been like if it was actually GOOD."

That exactly i was thinking when i start play Devil may cry.

PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#8 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts
I'll say Symphony of the Night, although Dawn of Sorrow was excellent too. I've not played much of the series, only Symphony and most of the handheld offerings.
valgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 valgear
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts
Symphony of the Night wins over all, but I had more fun with Aria of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin to be honest.
Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts
Symphony of the Night
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
Castlevania 4 for the SNES, I must have played through it fifty times.
soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
My favorite of all time was Castlevania III on the old NES. I really wish they would release it as a VC or XBLA title soon as my NES died many years ago :( Though I really do love the "Metroidvania" style they've taken on in the last 5 or 6 years (Maybe longer? I get old and senile) I'm playing SotN now, and it's pretty good. I do wish however they left a couple of better hints as to where you're supposed to go next. I swear I've gone through the castle like 100 times and yet I keep overlooking something that will be ridiculously obvious when I find it...
ms_hijikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ms_hijikata
Member since 2006 • 4012 Posts

My favorite of all time was Castlevania III on the old NES. I really wish they would release it as a VC or XBLA title soon as my NES died many years ago :( Though I really do love the "Metroidvania" style they've taken on in the last 5 or 6 years (Maybe longer? I get old and senile) I'm playing SotN now, and it's pretty good. I do wish however they left a couple of better hints as to where you're supposed to go next. I swear I've gone through the castle like 100 times and yet I keep overlooking something that will be ridiculously obvious when I find it...soul_motor

SoTN was like that, it took me almost 12 hours the first time I played it but now I can go through it and still get the best ending in a little over 5. It takes some getting used to...but it is by far my favorite Castlevania game. Either that or the ones on the GBA/DS, those kept the same awesome style and gameplay.

And I wish they could make a good 3-D Castlevania. But who knows, it might be might impossible : /

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
I would have to say SOTN and rondo of blood
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#15 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
The only Castlevania game that really got me was Aria of Sorrow, i have spent so many hours exploring every corner of the map on that game. Currenlty im playing Dawn of Sorrow but im not even half way done in the game, im playing it slowly this time.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
id say SoTn or CotM
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for me
weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

Symphony of the Night overall. The GBA games were good too. Circle of the Moon was my favorite out of them.luccaface

Those are my two favorite games in the series. The only thing I didn't enjoy about Symphony was how easy it was. But they fixed that in Circle Of The Moon.

Out of the older games, Castlevania III is the best.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Symphony of the Night is probably the best, but I seemed to like Circle of the Moon better.
Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Alexander146
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts
For me, it's a 3-way tie between SoTN, CoTM and Curse of Darkness.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
SotN is awesome. My friends and I played it so many times and tried to increase our percentage with the heart refresh glitch lol. The DS ones are ok, but I just can't get into them as much for some reason.
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts
The best one in my opinion is Dawn of Sorrow... I finished it with 100% like 3 or 4 times already lol...
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
super castlevania for the SNES is by far my favourite. i wish they would make some of the newer ones for the DS in that same linear style.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Akumajou Dracula X Chi no Rondo (Rondo of Blood) later ported to SNES and a LOT later to PSP.

At least it's considered one of the best of the older 2D games.

tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts
I like more Super Castlevania IV that's the best IMO,followed by Symphony of the Night.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight.Panzer_Zwei
For everyone who isn't aware of this already, this is the Japanese equivalent of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. He probably uses that title in reference to the Japan-exclusive Saturn version, which had some content additions like being able to select from Richter, Alucard, and Maria(the latter of whom isn't playable in the PS1 version)when starting the game. Speaking of which, I could use a Saturn version translation patch or guide, though such things probably don't exist when there's an English version of the PS1 release.

Akumajou Dracula X Chi no Rondo (Rondo of Blood) later ported to SNES and a LOT later to PSP.

At least it's considered one of the best of the older 2D games.

Stinger78
I thought the SNES "version" wasn't true to the PC-Engine CD add-on release, being much more linear. Also, if a PSP port does exist, color me interested. (Too bad said port is STILL Japan-exclusive.)
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
This is the PSP game http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/castlevaniathedraculaxchronicles/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
I thought the SNES "version" wasn't true to the PC-Engine CD add-on release, being much more linear. Also, if a PSP port does exist, color me interested. (Too bad said port is STILL Japan-exclusive.)NamelessPlayer
The SNES version like you pointed out it's not the same game. It was called Dracula XX in Japan and Vampire Kiss in EU. It was only called Dracula X in the US for marketing purposes.

The Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP does contain a straight port of Dracula X with subtitles. However the quality of the port lefts some stuff to be desires. First the display size is small, and the scrolling isn't 100% perfect.

I think it would've been much better if it had been released for the PS2.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NamelessPlayer
This is the PSP game http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/castlevaniathedraculaxchronicles/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabsStinger78
I'd totally buy it if it weren't for my lack of a PSP. (Then again, I know several people with PSPs. Maybe I can tell them about it and see if they'll buy it.)
weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Stinger78"]This is the PSP game http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/castlevaniathedraculaxchronicles/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabsNamelessPlayer
I'd totally buy it if it weren't for my lack of a PSP. (Then again, I know several people with PSPs. Maybe I can tell them about it and see if they'll buy it.)

Go get yourself a PSP. I bought mine so I could have portable versions of Symphony Of The Night, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NamelessPlayer

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"][QUOTE="Stinger78"]This is the PSP game http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/castlevaniathedraculaxchronicles/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabsweltall1028

Go get yourself a PSP. I bought mine so I could have portable versions of Symphony Of The Night, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Final Fantasy Tactics was another reason for me to get one of the things. There's also echochrome to look forward to, and if PSPs aren't region-locked(which they probably are), I'd consider importing Princess Crown. Unfortunately, it's just that I can't afford one at the moment, and even if I did have the money, I wouldn't be sure what to buy.
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#32 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

I will be pleonastic this time. SOTN is the benchmark for future castlevania.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
[QUOTE="weltall1028"]

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"][QUOTE="Stinger78"]This is the PSP game http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/castlevaniathedraculaxchronicles/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabsNamelessPlayer

Final Fantasy Tactics was another reason for me to get one of the things. There's also echochrome to look forward to, and if PSPs aren't region-locked(which they probably are), I'd consider importing Princess Crown. Unfortunately, it's just that I can't afford one at the moment, and even if I did have the money, I wouldn't be sure what to buy.

PSPs are not region encoded, much as PS3s are not.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight.Panzer_Zwei
Is that the Saturn version of Symphony of the Night or soemthing? I always knew Dracula X to be Rondo of Blood, and Nocturne of the Moonlight to be the Japanese name for SotN.

And Dawn of Sorrow is probably the one I've played through the most, though SotN was utterly amazing when I played it for the first time about 3 years ago. Gotta say though... Order of Ecclasia is special. They managed to mix the modern CV play styIe with the good things of CVII and the other cIassics. [spoiler] When you finally get to the castle, it's really something special. I got chills, because the castle felt like a reward for getting that far in the game, rather than just suddenly being there. [/spoiler]

EDIT: Why do people bump old threads...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 1407
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
SoTn, great battles and levels
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts
Circle of the moon (first gba one) was my favorite. I'lll be picking up the new ds one shortly though.
notSFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 notSFF
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

SoTN and Curse of Darkness.

PoR and OoE will probably make the list once I get them.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts
I don't like symphony of the night becuase theres no whip and they changed the formula. I like castlevania 4 the best.
aquajet16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 aquajet16
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
For me the best is Circle of the Moon. The gameplay was nice. But in my view, I would say Simon's Quest because this was my first and I've treasured this ever since.