AlexWeth1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

Edited By AlexWeth1996
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

I finished writing my Anthem review, and after playing the game for about 40 hours, shockingly, I have some opinions. Firstly, that Anthem is full of potential, and secondly, that I highly doubt Bioware will be able to make Anthem achieve its full potential until the release of Anthem 2, which at this point is looking more and more unlikely. However, this is not supposed to be a post discussing my review of Anthem, but rather, a post discussing what I have been doing in the "aftermath" of Anthem. Be forewarned, some of what I am about to say will shock you.

The first thing that I did after finishing my time with Anthem was to hop back into Destiny 2. Many of the "looter" aspects of Anthem did not scratch the itch for me, and in many ways made it worse. After I had finished the main "story" of Anthem, I found myself doing the same five or so tasks over, and over, and over, and over again. This shallow endgame made me crave a more substantial experience, and let me tell you, after jumping back into Destiny 2, I have found that experience.

Unlike in Anthem, there is tons of distinct loot to chase in Destiny 2, and there are tons of different ways one can go about chasing that loot. There are dailies, weeklies, bounties, quests, and events, and I am sure that I am leaving some out. Plus, with The Season of the Drifter starting in Destiny 2 tomorrow, there will be even more content very soon. If you are someone that played Anthem and left unsatiated, then I wholeheartedly recommend that you jump back into Destiny 2 if you have played it before, or pick it up if you have not.

Destiny 2 is not the only other game that I have been playing again thanks to Anthem, and this second one may really shock you. The other game that I have been playing again is Mass Effect: Andromeda. I put that game down back in October of 2017 and had never thought of going back to it, that is, until after I played Anthem. While I know this was not EA's plan, they managed to retroactively make Andromeda look like a far superior game than it was seen as almost two years ago. When compared to Anthem, Andromeda looks like one of the greatest RPGs ever made. The storytelling in Andromeda is better, the weapons and armor are better, there are several different worlds in Andromeda and each of them is better than Anthem's world of Bastion, and much, much, more.

To wrap this up, I will just like to say that I owe a lot of thanks to Anthem, most definitely not for being an amazing game that I enjoyed playing, but for reminding me of old games that I had not played in a while and am now thoroughly enjoying.

Thank you for reading,

Alex

AlexWeth1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#1 AlexWeth1996
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

Thank you for reading, please comment below so we can discuss.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Oh EA, you are the worst. Yet I do like Apex Legends. Didn't like Titanfall, but Respawn made the best battle royale on the market.

Now the real question is how the terrible company will ruin Apex? Considering Bioware just took the corporate beating to last a lifetime.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Breaking and shocking news! Anthem sold for more than 80, 000 copies in Japan alone. Major news have reported that the game almost sold out after first shipment. I guess Anthem will have much better future in Japan than anywhere else.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts
@lembu90 said:

Breaking and shocking news! Anthem sold for more than 80, 000 copies in Japan alone.

Slightly incorrect. But not fully surprised with its numbers, have two friends who bought at launch week they claimed it was fairly active, and they're only now feeling the regret. The public records are at 77,938 right now. You can round up but stating "over" is false, or at least your source is.

And for a Monster Hunter clone that is terrible. Though it's only a matter of time before the flaws are more widely acknowledged-

By comparison in Japan MH:W on its opening weekend sold 1.35 million_

Fallout: 76 sold 73,489 and, well I don't need to go forward with that trainwreck_

Lastly compared to Kingdom Hearts 3 at launch week 610,077_

Anthem would need to replace Javelins with Gundams to stay relevant. Even then that would likely be another loading screen.

And considering the millions of US dollars EA sunk into marketing globally. We would need to see world wide numbers after its launch month to really determine its finical success. Right now, from what I've seen it will be considered a failure by EA, and still the critical laughing stock of early 2019.