Test Drive Unlimited 3 Officially CONFIRMED!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1c32e0b8cc8
deactivated-5c1c32e0b8cc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c1c32e0b8cc8
Member since 2014 • 1258 Posts

Yes, it is true my friends! Test Drive Unlimited 3 is DEFINITELY happening. When? Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure, BUT the important thing is, is that it IS happening! Source/Link? Here...

https://www.gtplanet.net/bigben-interactive-secures-rights-to-test-drive-unlimited-new-game-in-the-works/

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

Dang about time. Can't wait.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@jayskoon93 said:

Yes, it is true my friends! Test Drive Unlimited 3 is DEFINITELY happening. When? Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure, BUT the important thing is, is that it IS happening! Source/Link? Here...

https://www.gtplanet.net/bigben-interactive-secures-rights-to-test-drive-unlimited-new-game-in-the-works/

This sounds like good news. This gen needs more racing games that are good.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

good news and happy christmas

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

They'll have a bad time now that Horizon 3 is out on PC.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#7 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@jayskoon93 said:

This sounds like good news. This gen needs more racing games that are good.

We can always pray for a new Burnout...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Its test drive though...Why would people get excited?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I love how TDU established the open world online racing genre, but the series has suffered from a lot of technical issues and lack of polish. It is hard to get excited for another entry considering the Forza Horizon series is better in almost every way.

TopCatXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By TopCatXO
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

First off, I can say that this would be my dream come true. I want to address a comment on this thread where one said that Test Drive Unlimited 3 will have a difficult time now since Forza Horizon is out. I want to point out that this is not true. Even with all the modern updated graphics, physics that Forza offers, I still find the original TDU to be mountains more enjoyable x10. The amount of amazingly fun, vast variety of roadways to run on in Hawaii, I could have fun for days and days, and have. It was not only the 1000 miles of everchanging roadways in the mountains of Hawaii that drew my love for the game (among many other people), but also the specific type of multiplayer that TDU used, which is unlike that of any other game. As you drive, you are seamlessly going in and out of servers, so you always are running into new groups of drivers throughout the map, and are not ever limited to the people in your current multiplayer server you have joined. With TDU, you never have to join a new server, as it will simply automatically transfer you to new ones as you drive (to reiterate). This makes for a very fun experience. Want to keep locked into a server with some friends? Well, you can do that. You can lock in your friends, and it will still then allow you and your friends to flow in and out of other servers just the same. It feels truly unlimited, which leads me to suspect that is why the word “unlimited” is used in its title. Onward now, to cover more of in game play. Some people would be drifting on some small quaint roads deep in the mountains, some drag racing in the city, and some parked at a top of a mountain peak overlooking the ocean with a curving road in front of the lot, as others drifted by. It felt alive, truly. Even without todays fancy tech, I felt immersed in gameplay. Many of the roadways were tighter, and had lots of fun ins, out, and cutbacks woven tightly in the hills and mountains, that all the sudden would open up into a vast escape into amazing views. You would often find yourself going down some long little road and find a waterfall, with some random circle or figure 8 (with varied elevation) track in the middle of freaking nowhere, and it would be THE drift spot for you and your friends for a while, or race spot. Unlike Forza, there were so many of these little great places, surrounded by mountains. You felt like you really were in a vast world full of people that just love to drive (and you were). Even if the physics were a bit arcade like, you still could appreciate the good things about it. On Forza Horizon 3, I look sadly upon the map. I get depressed when I think of how much effort they put into this game, and what they made, when us consumers could have had so much more. I do like the beautiful graphics, but it shortly ends there, in boredom, as I reminisce on the past days playing the original TDU….

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

If it is like the first one, then yay, if more like the seconds one, then nay.

victornguyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 victornguyen
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

good news and happy christmas

Rellyto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points