Tales of Symphonia sequal coming to Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Yes!!!!!!!!! The latest IGN Wii-k in Review came out and it looks like they dropped the goods

From the lips of Matt Casamassina, direct quote:

Matt Casamassina wrote:There is a Tales of Symphonia sequel coming to Wii.

So the Wii is getting a direct sequal to one of the best GCN RPG's.
However, it will apparently be using the same engine as the GCN game and it's not due until late 2008.

Source:GoNintendo
Hear it yourself:IGN Wii-k in Review. Check at 53:11.

RPG10080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RPG10080
Member since 2005 • 7075 Posts
Holy crap,I loved Tales of Symphonia. This is going to be awesome :)
ReeceBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 ReeceBrown
Member since 2005 • 1973 Posts

Yes!!!!!!!!! The latest IGN Wii-k in Review came out and it looks like they dropped the goods

From the lips of Matt Casamassina, direct quote:

Matt Casamassina wrote:There is a Tales of Symphonia sequel coming to Wii.

So the Wii is getting a direct sequal to one of the best GCN RPG's.
However, it will apparently be using the same engine as the GCN game and it's not due until late 2008.

Source:GoNintendo
Hear it yourself:IGN Wii-k in Review. Check at 53:11.

jedigemini
that right there is not good, i think 3rd party developers should at least TRY to put Wiis graphics to use
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
Nice. I still need to get around to one or two of the PS2 Tales games, but I definitely wouldn't mind some more of that universe/gameplay.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Woohoo! I'm currently addicted to this game, been playing it a lot the last few weeks, on my third playthrough now. Yesterday I was just thinking that it would be cool if they made another one.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
They've had years to makea new engine or something!

Oh well, exciting news nonetheless.
Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
Very good news. Might just have to end up getting a Wii eventually. Was a very big fan of the original Tales of Symphonia on the GCN. Thanks for posting.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I loved ToS (I just beat it in fact), but sequels never really live up to my expectations. :(
Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts
Yipee! I can't wait, ToS was probably my favorite game on GC and just a really awesome game.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
i heard that podcast... i thought he was just being sarcastic because everyone was making fun of Matt and Bozon for saying that they have "news" but not telling what the news is (due to embargos)... thus not really having news.
MLJ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MLJ28
Member since 2003 • 3690 Posts

i heard that podcast... i thought he was just being sarcastic because everyone was making fun of Matt and Bozon for saying that they have "news" but not telling what the news is (due to embargos)... thus not really having news.c0mplex

QFT.

It was a joke people! As soon as I heard that podcast last night, I knew people would take this "news" seriously. :lol:

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 c0mplex

[QUOTE="c0mplex"]i heard that podcast... i thought he was just being sarcastic because everyone was making fun of Matt and Bozon for saying that they have "news" but not telling what the news is (due to embargos)... thus not really having news.MLJ28

QFT.

It was a joke people! As soon as I heard that podcast last night, I knew people would take this "news" seriously. :lol:

alright... atleast im not the only one who thinks that. :)

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
I am pleased with this... ^_^
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
Tales of Symphonia is one of the few RPGs I've completed. Can't wait!
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Sounds sweet, more rpgs are needed on the Wii STAT.
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
I haven't watched the podcast or whatever, but apparently not everyone in this thread is reading the posts about it being false. :|
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
well, i have over 280 hours spent on Tales of Symphonia, completed it over 10 times and its simply my favourite gamecube game, and i still play it to this day.... so if these news are indeed true, then i guess i'll be getting a Wii next year just to play this (and Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Fire Emblem, etc)
Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 cookoo4cocopuff
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts
if this is true then that is just awsome, ToS is one of my favorite game of all time.
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
Sweet! I haven't played through Tales of Symphonia yet (but I own it), but I have a strong feeling i'm gonna love the game. As an anime fan, the theme along garners my interest.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Good news!

But seeing another Tales of Symphonia on a Nintendo system along with another Crystal Chronicles game gives me some bad memories about another little system from Nintendo.

J/K...I enjoyed the first one. It was corny and did nothing new, but it was the best RPG on the Gamecube...I think it was the only RPG on the Cube that was worth playing. Well, at least it was a pretty good one.

I'd pick it up if I had a Wii. Wouldn't mind seeing what happens to these Symphonia characters. I'd play it just for that, even though I know what to expect.

overfeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 overfeind
Member since 2004 • 2984 Posts
Bring on Tales of Sym...2!!!!
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 c0mplex

[QUOTE="c0mplex"]i heard that podcast... i thought he was just being sarcastic because everyone was making fun of Matt and Bozon for saying that they have "news" but not telling what the news is (due to embargos)... thus not really having news.MLJ28

QFT.

requote... i dont want people thinking that there is an announced Tales game right now. (not saying that a sequel isn't possible, but Matt Casamassina definitely did not announce one being made).

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
- Transformers talk
- Geometry Wars Galaxies,VC controller support probable, GCN controller not so much.
- Hori fighting stick
- Matt will be playing a private demo of Metroid Prime 3 at E3.
- DK Bongo Blast "pretty assy"
- FIFA 08
- de Blob talk
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic
Games shown behind closed doors at E3.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 coverage on Monday.
- Soul Calibur Legends coverage soon
- Red Steel 2 not at E3
- Forever Blue talk
- Battalion Wars 2 date speculation
- A Nintendo franchise will be brought back from the dead and shown at E3
- DIRECT QUOTE "There is a
Tales of Symphonia sequel coming to Wii." - no one knows if they were kidding or not when this quote was made
- Rockstar not at E3.

Make sure to download the entire show here

I never completed TOS I was happily playing through it (apart from the horrid VA and the equally bad overworld) then I left it for a while, now when I go back I can't remember what I was suppossed to be doing and I can't be bothered walking across that horrid overworld trying to remember.

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

gaminggeek

Could this be a Kid Icarus revival i've heard multiple people ask for?

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

I never completed TOS I was happily playing through it (apart from the horrid VA and the equally bad overworld) then I left it for a while, now when I go back I can't remember what I was suppossed to be doing and I can't be bothered walking across that horrid overworld trying to remember.

gaminggeek

Read the in-game synopsis. The synopsis saved my life when I started playing after a year-long break.

MLJ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MLJ28
Member since 2003 • 3690 Posts

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]
VMan

Could this be a Kid Icarus revival i've heard multiple people ask for?

It ould be kid Icarus, but I'm thinking it may be another Pilotwings. It's been 11 years since the N64 version, and it seriously needs an update. Also, there have been several rumors leaked out of Gamestop who keeps listing the game as coming out this year on their webesite.

Jarlaxle0204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jarlaxle0204
Member since 2003 • 1115 Posts

Good news!

But seeing another Tales of Symphonia on a Nintendo system along with another Crystal Chronicles game gives me some bad memories about another little system from Nintendo.

J/K...I enjoyed the first one. It was corny and did nothing new, but it was the best RPG on the Gamecube...I think it was the only RPG on the Cube that was worth playing. Well, at least it was a pretty good one.

I'd pick it up if I had a Wii. Wouldn't mind seeing what happens to these Symphonia characters. I'd play it just for that, even though I know what to expect.

ASK_Story

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was vastly superior and one of the best RPG's of last gen on any console......in myopinion.

Also, on a side note, as others have already said before....this was a joke. As of right now, there is no plans for a Tales of Symphonia 2.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

Funkyhamster

Read the in-game synopsis. The synopsis saved my life when I started playing after a year-long break.

I tried but the overworld is so fugged up, I can't tell from the map where I am, where I'm going, where the locations on the synopsis are. Sometimes you're running by yourself, sometimes on that dog creature. WTH? Give me a nice 2-D overhead for crapsake.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"][QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

gaminggeek

I tried but the overworld is so fugged up, I can't tell from the map where I am, where I'm going, where the locations on the synopsis are. Sometimes you're running by yourself, sometimes on that dog creature. WTH? Give me a nice 2-D overhead for crapsake.

Have the map on and use the compass and light cone.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gaminggeek

Have the map on and use the compass and light cone.Angry_Beaver

These words you speak are gibberish to me :P Light what?

yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#32 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts

[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"]

Have the map on and use the compass and light cone.gaminggeek

These words you speak are gibberish to me :P Light what?

Open the map, and on the left you can choose a location. It will flash two line intersections alternatively. One for where you are, and one for where the location you selected is. And riding on Noishe (the dog thing) lets you move faster, and see further as well as keep enemies from moving while you're stopped. You have to find these random pillars to unlock that ability in different sections. I've beaten the game three times, maybe I can just tell you where to go :P
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts
I didn't listen to the podcast, but why would Matt C. joke like that? If he was going to make a joke like that, I think he'd do it with something that was like, you know, high profile.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gaminggeek

I have listened to the podcast and it's not certain either way if he's joking or not. Peer has been poking fun at Matt C for giving vague allusions to in-the-works titles several times now, so now Matt just blurted one out, in certain terms.We don't know if he was being serious or not, but it sounded more serious to me than not.

He was right about soul caliber legends.

EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts

I picked Tales up a little while ago when I bought a a bunch of GC titles to play on my Wii. I just got done playing over 6 hours of it straight which is the longest I've played a game in quite a while (especially a SP game). So far it's been a blast, I've logged about 36 hours into the game and have just switched to disk two. There is so much value in the game. I do hate the puzzles though.

Anyways, sounds like he was just joking, but it'd be great if it were true. Of course I haven't finished the game so I don't know how the story would lend itself to a sequel, but I'll kieep playing, and keep hoping.

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
YESSS!!!i have dreamed of this moment ever since i beat the first game