Take This Video Game Addiction Test to See If You're a Gaming Addict

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blogview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By blogview
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Though many perfectly normal people who classify themselves as gamers will play video games for an average of about 6 hours a week, there's a point where enough is enough. Games are a lot of fun and a great way to engage emotionally and undertake challenges, but like everything, they're best played in moderation.

If you're worried you may have a video game addiction, you've come to the right place. Read on to take our online video game addiction test to see if your love for gaming might have a dark side.

How Do You Feel When Unable to Play Video Games?

There are a few different emotions that not being able to play the games you love can elicit. Even if you have negative emotions because you want to game and cannot, this does not necessarily mean that you're addicted. Select the answer below that most closely describes how you feel when you're unable to game:

a) I'm a little bummed out, but it's fine. I'll read, watch Netflix, do arts and crafts, or perform other activities instead. No big deal.

b) I'm pretty annoyed. I should be able to play games whenever I like and dislike having that option taken away from me.

c) I get incredibly restless and anxious when I'm unable to play video games. I have trouble focusing on other tasks and can only really concentrate on my need to get my video games back.

How Much Time Do You Spend With Others?

Many people who have addictions to gambling, drinking, and, yes, video games, have trouble finding the time to spend with others because they only want to engage with the thing they're addicted to. Choose the option that best describes your personal relationships:

a) I have some good friends that I like to hang out with often. Sometimes we game, sure, but we also engage in other activities including going out.

b) I have a few friends. We hang out occasionally. I enjoy their company but am also fine with playing games alone. It all depends on my mood.

c) I don't want to engage with others. It would take time away from my gaming, and I don't like being without my games.

Do You Lie About How Much You Play?

Addicts tend to lie about how often they engage with the thing they're addicted to. Select the option that most sounds like your relationship with telling the truth about gaming.

a) Why would I lie?

b) I lie very rarely. Only after the rare night where I stay up embarrassingly late because I can't beat the last stupid boss.

c) More than once a week.

Do You Believe in Video Game Addiction?

Ask yourself the question: is video game addiction real ? Choose your answer.

a) Yeah, I've met people with that problem before, but I don't play enough to have an addiction.

b) It's probably real, but I don't think I have an addiction.

c) It's fake and intended to shame those of us who like to game.

Video Game Addiction Test Results

If you scored mostly A's, you're good to go. Mostly B's is fine, but watch yourself to make sure things don't get out of hands. If you've answered mostly C, you may want to seek help.

If you've taken our video game addiction test and concluded that you're not an addict, it's time to reward yourself. Check out the latest deals on video games by browsing the 'deals' tab on our home page.

Good luck!

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21689 Posts

@blogview said:

If you've taken our video game addiction test and concluded that you're not an addict, it's time to reward yourself. Check out the latest deals on video games by browsing the 'deals' tab on our home page.

Holy crap. You absolutely disgusting human beings 😆

Hell awaits.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40531 Posts

No Surveys on Gamespot.

Thread locked.