Super Metroid has me completely stuck. What to do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

For those that are either Metroid fans or have a good memory, I'm hoping you can help me out. This game has me completely dumbfounded; I have no idea where to go next.

Basically, I just uncovered the first little bit of Norfair. I have all the upgrades up until this point, or at least the main upgrades needed to progress in the game. There's no doubt that I'm probably missing some missile/health upgrades right now, but I'll worry about that once I figure a way past this little roadblock. The upgrades include the Hi-Jump Boots and the Spazer Beam, which I later found out I forgot after browsing walkthroughs.

So I get all the upgrades, I get to the Brinstar elevator room (the one that goes to Upper Norfair and use the super missile on the blocks located on the right side of the room, I jump up on top of the ledge, travel through the weird fish-like creature, and go through the door. There's a room divided in half by a horizontal beam that you can blow a crack in to access the lower half of the room, with three crabs crawling on the walls, and a blocked door that's brown and I can't enter.

I don't know if I'm lost for real or if there's a glitch in the emulation software that's preventing me from progressing further in the game. But I don't know what to do next. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.