Super Mario Deluxe or Super Mario Bros (GBA)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

Which is the better handheld version of Super Mario Bros?

Super Mario Bros Deluxe for GBC or Super Mario Bros (classic series) for GBA?

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Deluxe
sheepradish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 sheepradish
Member since 2006 • 2242 Posts

Super Mario Bros Deluxe, it has alot more content and you can play it in your GBA :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Deluxe. The GBA version is just a bare-bones conversion of the original game, whereas Deluxe has a ton of extras and features that manage to improve the core game a bit and add some extra meat overall. That said, screen size is a bit small and takes some getting used to, but overall, it's a great update of the game.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

deluxe

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

the extra features of deluxe are cool, but the graphics and sound on the GBA version are better, just because its a newer cart.

M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#7 M3tr4nk0
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts

SMB Deluxe by far. It has a lot of extras and includes The Lost Levels as an unlockable. The only downside is that the screen is smaller than in the original, so you sometimes have to adjust the camera by pressing Select, up or down on the d-pad. But it's not a big deal, you'll get used to it.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Thanks, I've been wondering about this one, as well. Looks like Super Mario Bros. Deluxe may be the next handheld game I get.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#9 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
Deluxe, it has a ton of extra content and the GBA version is just a direct port of the NES version with.. nothing else.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If you want the REAL game, the gba version is better. Super Mario Deluxe might have more content but the game doesn't play quite the same as the actual player view of the game is cut back quite a bit.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aryoshi

If you want the REAL game, the gba version is better. Super Mario Deluxe might have more content but the game doesn't play quite the same as the actual player view of the game is cut back quite a bit.

Heirren
That's honestly what I DIDN'T like about Deluxe was the fact you couldn't see everything. Seemed so compact and it was hard to see if enemies were coming at you until it was too late.
M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 M3tr4nk0

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

aryoshi

That's honestly what I DIDN'T like about Deluxe was the fact you couldn't see everything. Seemed so compact and it was hard to see if enemies were coming at you until it was too late.

That's pretty much the only issue with Deluxe, but I don't think it's a big deal, you just have to get used to adjusting the camera. On the other hand, it's more forgiving than the NES version since you can continue from the level you game over'd in.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="aryoshi"][QUOTE="Heirren"]

M3tr4nk0

That's pretty much the only issue with Deluxe, but I don't think it's a big deal, you just have to get used to adjusting the camera. On the other hand, it's more forgiving than the NES version since you can continue from the level you game over'd in.

On the original, all you have to do is hold down the "A" button when you press start and you start on the World you died on (not the exact level, but close enough).

M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 M3tr4nk0

[QUOTE="M3tr4nk0"]

[QUOTE="aryoshi"] That's honestly what I DIDN'T like about Deluxe was the fact you couldn't see everything. Seemed so compact and it was hard to see if enemies were coming at you until it was too late.Emerald_Warrior

On the original, all you have to do is hold down the "A" button when you press start and you start on the World you died on (not the exact level, but close enough).

Yeah, I know, that's why I said 'from the level you game over'd in', instead of the first level of the World you were on. Also, in Deluxe you start with 5 lives, as opposed to 3 in the original.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aryoshi

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="M3tr4nk0"]

M3tr4nk0

Yeah, I know, that's why I said 'from the level you game over'd in', instead of the first level of the World you were on. Also, in Deluxe you start with 5 lives, as opposed to 3 in the original.

Which definitely helped quite a bit.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="M3tr4nk0"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

aryoshi

Doesn't make a lick of difference as long as you can make it to level 3-1. Infinite free men, baby!

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aryoshi

[QUOTE="aryoshi"][QUOTE="M3tr4nk0"]

Emerald_Warrior

Doesn't make a lick of difference as long as you can make it to level 3-1. Infinite free men, baby!

Haha, good point, and that's for every version! .. I think.