Super Mario Bros 3 on the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I'm overly satisfied: after 17 years Super Mario Bros 3 still managed to score a 9.0 with its virtual console re-re-re-release. For many years I've been considering this game the best Mario ever and this rating consacrates and confirms it as an all-time classic. If you haven't played it yet, give your Mario Galaxy a short break and play this one too, in two-players coop mode with a friend if you can.

This is a good day for gaming.

Mario Bros 3

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts
i don't know but that sig is too big....
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Black_Knight_00

i don't know but that sig is too big....skyyfox1

That is no sig... it's a space station. NO, wait, I mean: it's just a Super Mario 3 celebration, used for this topic only.

ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts

[QUOTE="skyyfox1"]i don't know but that sig is too big....Black_Knight_00

That is no sig... it's a space station. NO, wait, I mean: it's just a Super Mario 3 celebration, used for this topic only.

:lol: Anyway, Mario 3 is unquestionably one of the greatest games ever in my opinion. But... I still wonder if I should wait and see if Nintendo releases Mario All Stars on the VC.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Already played the game to no end as a kid, I would play the game again but I just have so many games that I have not played yet sitting around that need my attention.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Already played the game to no end as a kid, I would play the game again but I just have so many games that I have not played yet sitting around that need my attention.foxhound_fox
QFT. I love the game, and it deserves honors among top game of all time but I have played that game inside out for years as a kid so its a dead horse to me.
Algus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Algus
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
The inventory and occassionally nonlinear options for stage progression were extraordinary. Besides that it just had some excellent level designers. It's one of the best examples of what a 2D platformer can be and its only dissapointing that many games after it never learned from it. It deserves the accolades it gets.
VilgeDuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 VilgeDuin
Member since 2004 • 424 Posts

I have a softer place in my heart for Mario World, but Mario 3 is nearly utterly perfect for a 2-D platformer. It's surprising how few games have come close to even matching it, especially considering how long it's been around.

Ah, being a wee 5 year old going to the video store, my father renting it and popping it in to play for the first time. The memories...

I've been especially curious if Nintendo's going to usher out All-Stars.

Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts

I've been especially curious if Nintendo's going to usher out All-Stars. VilgeDuin

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Combine Nintendo's penchant for wringing money out of people with the inevitibly high VC sales of the individual games from All-Stars and you've got all but a guarantee against a compilation package like All-Stars being released.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

[QUOTE="VilgeDuin"]I've been especially curious if Nintendo's going to usher out All-Stars. Tiberius

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Combine Nintendo's penchant for wringing money out of people with the inevitibly high VC sales of the individual games from All-Stars and you've got all but a guarantee against a compilation package like All-Stars being released.

Actually I think you're wrong for that very reason you just said. Wouldn't Nintendo stand to make more money by releasing all 4 of the original Mario games (which they have), and then, a year or so down the line after everyone who wanted them has purchased them, release Super Mario All-Stars. That way they'd essentially end up getting all of those people to spend an extra $8 for games they already purchased. Really it's just a matter of timing on Nintendo's part.

The other option I could see is Nintendo releasing each installment of All-Stars separately at a discounted price of say 5 points a game, which ultimately I think is what will happen.

MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
God, I love SMB3. I've been playing it all my life.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

QFT. I love the game, and it deserves honors among top game of all time but I have played that game inside out for years as a kid so its a dead horse to me.GodModeEnabled

What's wrong with dead horses? When I was a kid my father gave me a dead pony to play with and it was fun. I still have it somewhere, I can tell by the smell.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
SMB3 is without question one of the best games of all time. i cannot put it above the original, as the impact of the SMB1, coupled with the originality of the experience outweigh even the peak of the formula that is SMB3, but it is just a hair below even in that case.