Street Fighter coming exclusively to PC and PS4

• 40 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

This is huge for Sony, but not that surprising seeing they are closer to Sony than MS. MS also didn't want a cross play function for X1. I am not much of a fighting game fan, but it's a good deal if you ask me. Capcom is in trouble after all

Link

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Hey NO FAIR !

You never made a thread for DoA coming to PC..... Not cool, man ! :(

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

This is very disappointing news for me but I guess it's something that'll push me to get a PS4 quicker.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

i saw a trailer, it looks like SF4, i couldn't tell the difference.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@Old_Gooseberry said:

i saw a trailer, it looks like SF4, i couldn't tell the difference.

It has from what i've heard and noticed stage transition, block breaker and super attack. That can change the dynamic for some characters immensely

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

I am not to big into fighting games much prefer games that I can head shot in and as far as I know no fighting game has implemented this crucial feature that is standard in fps games! on a more serious note I tried SF4 on PC and didn't really like it I guess I just can't be bothered to put in the amount of hours needed to learn how to do the combo correctly so it really feels like I am controlling my character as opposed to being restricted arbitrarily by the combat system. I vastly prefer something like super smash bros I feel in control of my characters movements and attacks from the get go but the skill ceiling is also pretty high so its easy to learn but tough to master completely.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Block Breaker ? Why ? Theres a buttload of ways to deal with Blockers..... I don't like where this is going

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@DJ_Headshot

EXACTLY ! ! ! Man I've been waiting for somebody to say that. I honestly don't get why people insist that the controls in fighting games must be such a hassle to figure out.

A game's controls should never take more than an hour to get use to, even if you're trying a brand new genre....

I haven't played Smash myself but I'm definately a fan of the "Easy to learn, Difficult to Master" design..... My alternative is Dead or Alive 5.... I was just playing it with a friend yesterday, he's never played it before but in five minutes he had the controls down.... He intuitively stopped button mashing, and with a few ground rules (no cornering into walls) he was able to beat me 1 in 5.

And for those who actually do struggle alil with the controls, theres the guest characters from the Virtua Fighter series. Their move commands usually have much shorter execution windows, especially Akira....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Block Breaker ? Why ? Theres a buttload of ways to deal with Blockers..... I don't like where this is going

It makes it possible to not just sit back and block everything, you can break through the block and kick the other guys ass

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@alberr said:

so i found this nuclear motorcross game and started playing, its got and advanced graphics color engine which gives it some odd but cool effects! thought i would share it as its alot of fun and addicting! enjoy :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qw11ses3z7m4ras/Nuclear+motorcross+2+Enhanced.zip

Gamespot sucks for the amount of arseholes spamming shit

Are IGN and other game sites the same ?

On topic Like Street Fighter, I love spamming Hadukens with Ryu or Ken :D

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Honestly now that I think about it, I'll just wait for the complete Street fighter Ultimate edition with all the DLC characters cause this is Capcom were talking about and I learn my lesson from Marvel vs Capcom 3. That said, I can wait, not interested for PC, I'll get it on PS4 when everything is on the disc.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

EXACTLY ! ! ! Man I've been waiting for somebody to say that. I honestly don't get why people insist that the controls in fighting games must be such a hassle to figure out.

For a very long time now. I mean like, almost forever, fighting games (on console/whatever) have had not only their moves listed in the game's case booklet, but moreso now in the in-game menus. Everything is written down for you.

Or maybe you're talking about something else....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@davillain- said:

Honestly now that I think about it, I'll just wait for the complete Street fighter Ultimate edition with all the DLC characters cause this is Capcom were talking about and I learn my lesson from Marvel vs Capcom 3. That said, I can wait, not interested for PC, I'll get it on PS4 when everything is on the disc.

Yeah it's going to come by the looks of it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Whos good enough to actually block everything ? Is that even possible ? Its not something even I had an issue with... I would imagine people in tournaments could make minse meat of block abusers that plus I've always had a sneaky suspicion Street Fighter has something against people who want to defend themselves.... I wouldn't be surprised if the removed teching and Focus Parrying just because people want to "....kick the other guys ass"

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@DuaIFace

Yeah mate, not only does Street Fighter not tell you even half of the real moves, it actually teaches you the wrong things..... It doesn't even have a Proper Tutorial.... Its got those Combo Trial Thingies.....

Injustice is no different, they only cover the tutorial training for Batman, and now you you're suppose figure out the other heroes most basic moves through trial and error... Atleast Injustice's controls were manageable.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Whos good enough to actually block everything ? Is that even possible ? Its not something even I had an issue with... I would imagine people in tournaments could make minse meat of block abusers that plus I've always had a sneaky suspicion Street Fighter has something against people who want to defend themselves.... I wouldn't be surprised if the removed teching and Focus Parrying just because people want to "....kick the other guys ass"

It's more for the pros, because i am not good at these games at all

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Perhaps you're just not good at Street Fighter Specifically.... It does have issues after all. For all you know you could be a black belt in a fighting game that was actually designed for a controller.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Personally, I'm glad to see this. I wish we could see more franchises stick to one console only (not platform, so PC doesn't matter. different market) so that each console had more unique games exclusive only to their libraries to help establish their identities. Honestly, what does it matter, when you can find just about every AAA title on both PS4 and Xbox One, and even Wii U at times?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@JustPlainLucas

You must be rich.

And it matters because people want access to as many games as they want whilest owning one console. Just like they want to be able to watch any programme on any network on one single TV, Just like they want any app and any service on one single mobile device. nobody wants to own multiple devices that do the samething.

As for Exclusives being unique, well thats just not completely true in Microsoft's and Sony's case.... Infact its the competition between those 2 thats more likely to generate similar games with different skins. Exclusivity doesn't work if they're all trying to do the samething, it works for Nintendo because atleast they trying to do stand out, they are trying to fill in those gaps that the others don't.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@JustPlainLucas

You must be rich.

And it matters because people want access to as many games as they want whilest owning one console. Just like they want to be able to watch any programme on any network on one single TV, Just like they want any app and any service on one single mobile device. nobody wants to own multiple devices that do the samething.

As for Exclusives being unique, well thats just not completely true in Microsoft's and Sony's case.... Infact its the competition between those 2 thats more likely to generate similar games with different skins. Exclusivity doesn't work if they're all trying to do the samething, it works for Nintendo because atleast they trying to do stand out, they are trying to fill in those gaps that the others don't.

Exclusives matter, because then why should someone buy a PS4 when they can get the exact same games on the Xbox One? If they want Street Fighter 5, now they have another incentive to get a PS4. And well, if they can't afford it, tough noogies for them. Also, no I'm not rich. I just know when to start saving my money for when a new console comes out. Seriously, it's not that hard to set aside 50 bucks from eight paychecks, or 25 bucks from 16 paychecks before a new system drops.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@JustPlainLucas

Exactly my point... They are the same.... Why should you Buy a Xbox One when you can get the PS4.

You're looking at this backwards... You don't buy a game for a console.... You get a console to buy games..... The hardware doesn't actually matter, no matter how many fanboys bicker on about it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JustPlainLucas

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@JustPlainLucas

Exactly my point... They are the same.... Why should you Buy a Xbox One when you can get the PS4.

You're looking at this backwards... You don't buy a game for a console.... You get a console to buy games..... The hardware doesn't actually matter, no matter how many fanboys bicker on about it.

You're not looking at this from a business standpoint, though. Street Fighter 5 will help sell PS4s. If you love fighting games, you now have LESS of a reason to buy an Xbox One. This gives MS MORE of a reason to find another kind of fighter to attract those kinds of fighting fans to their machine. If they didn't have Killer Instinct, then the system wouldn't be attractive at all to fighting fans. This is what helps form libraries: exclusives. Sony knows they need to make games and acquire games to keep their library appealing, and MS knows they need to do the same. Sadly, neither are really doing much to improve the situation like they did last gen.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

This should make things interesting.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@thedude- said:

indeed, are you a fighting fan?

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedude-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

I am indeed.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@thedude- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

I am indeed.

I can understand your excitment then :P

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu

@JustPlainLucas

Ofcourse I'm not..... I don't care about Microsoft or Sony's success, the number of units they sell doesn't benefit anybody but themselves..... Let them worry about how they should sell their consoles, our job is bitch and moan eveytime the screw over the fans of a Multiplatform series. Hell I own an Xbox and even I was pissed about the Tomb Raider thing....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thehig1

third party exclusives is nothing more than holding a game hostage.

a £40 game becomes a £400 game if the game is exclusive on a console you dont own.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu

@thehig1

Thats how they get'ya ! :(

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thehig1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thehig1

Thats how they get'ya ! :(

They have a hostage and I pay the ransom

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

they should do some fighting games for psp.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

It'll most likely go back to being multiplatform when the next iteration comes out ie. Super Street Fighter V.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JustPlainLucas

@thehig1 said:

a £40 game becomes a £400 game if the game is exclusive on a console you dont own.

Except I've never seen that happen.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu

@JustPlainLucas

I see it every now and then..... Hell I probably have done it myself.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thedude-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

I am indeed.

Has it been absolutely confirmed that this isn't timed exclusivity?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thehig1

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

If you buy a console for the sole purpose of getting a single game, then essentially that game is costing you £400 and not £40.

So Tomb Raider later next year will cost me £400 instead of £40, because I don't have an Xbox 1.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JustPlainLucas

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

If you buy a console for the sole purpose of getting a single game, then essentially that game is costing you £400 and not £40.

So Tomb Raider later next year will cost me £400 instead of £40, because I don't have an Xbox 1.

Well, no one's putting a gun to your head to buy an Xbox One. I'm sure you can find another game to replace Tomb Raider. Plus, I don't think it's going to remain an Xbox One exclusive. Of course, if you want to buy an Xbox One for just one game, look at it like as an opportunity to experience games you can't get on the PS4, like Sunset Overdrive.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Chillock117
Member since 2014 • 71 Posts

I couldn't really care about it, Street Fighter is so lame now that it doesn't even register on my radar.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69363 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Personally, I'm glad to see this. I wish we could see more franchises stick to one console only (not platform, so PC doesn't matter. different market) so that each console had more unique games exclusive only to their libraries to help establish their identities. Honestly, what does it matter, when you can find just about every AAA title on both PS4 and Xbox One, and even Wii U at times?

That is a very backward and narrow minded view on gaming. Exclusivity especially from third parties is archaic. That method of thinking is dying and I cannot wait until its completely dead. It is also the reason consoles are in jeopardy.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

If Street Fighter V is set after SFIII, I expect Alex to be a playable character. Besides that, a crossover like Dead or Alive 5 did with Virtua Fighter would be awesome. This time, adding in some SNK characters from Garou: Mark of the Wolves such as Terry Bogard and Rock Howard would be amazing, though Rock might be overpowered.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JustPlainLucas

@Pedro said:

That is a very backward and narrow minded view on gaming. Exclusivity especially from third parties is archaic. That method of thinking is dying and I cannot wait until its completely dead. It is also the reason consoles are in jeopardy.

Without exclusivity, creativity and innovation suffers. This harks back to the old debate of people wanting MS, Sony and Nintendo to make one console. It would work, but I can guarantee you we wouldn't be seeing such a diverse library across the three companies. Exclusivity needs to happen to push competition. Now MS has to figure out what to come with to attract Street Fighter fans. They have Killer Instinct, but maybe they'll invent a new franchise, or maybe they'll purchase another franchise they never considered publishing. It's the exact same reason cell phone companies have exclusive cell phones. They need incentive to attract customers to their side, because if there was no competition, there'd be no reason to have multiple cell phone companies, and then it would just be one monopoly where they could charge whatever they want and limit their innovative products and services since there's no longer a drive to push things forward.

Honestly, a perfect example of this is when EA bought the NFL license all those years ago. Had Sega still been able to make 2K games alongside Madden, EA might have realized they needed to put some serious work into the franchise because they weren't the only ones making football games.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thehig1

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

Well, no one's putting a gun to your head to buy an Xbox One. I'm sure you can find another game to replace Tomb Raider. Plus, I don't think it's going to remain an Xbox One exclusive. Of course, if you want to buy an Xbox One for just one game, look at it like as an opportunity to experience games you can't get on the PS4, like Sunset Overdrive.

I'm a big Tomb Raider Fan, so I'm unlikely to wait for it to be released on PC, so as far as I'm concerned the game is being held hostage. I have no interest in any other Xbox One titles.

So Tomb Raider will cost me the cost of an Xbox One and the game itself.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

@thedude- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

I am indeed.

Yes, Adam Boyes confirmed it on stage that it's the only console that it will come on. It can come to Mac and Linux

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

This has got to be quite the shock for the FGC.

The 360 was the console of choice for most of the notable players. I'm surprised that MS didn't put up more a fight to retain inclusion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#46 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69363 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Pedro said:

Without exclusivity, creativity and innovation suffers. This harks back to the old debate of people wanting MS, Sony and Nintendo to make one console. It would work, but I can guarantee you we wouldn't be seeing such a diverse library across the three companies. Exclusivity needs to happen to push competition. Now MS has to figure out what to come with to attract Street Fighter fans. They have Killer Instinct, but maybe they'll invent a new franchise, or maybe they'll purchase another franchise they never considered publishing. It's the exact same reason cell phone companies have exclusive cell phones. They need incentive to attract customers to their side, because if there was no competition, there'd be no reason to have multiple cell phone companies, and then it would just be one monopoly where they could charge whatever they want and limit their innovative products and services since there's no longer a drive to push things forward.

Honestly, a perfect example of this is when EA bought the NFL license all those years ago. Had Sega still been able to make 2K games alongside Madden, EA might have realized they needed to put some serious work into the franchise because they weren't the only ones making football games.

Thats rubbish. These are gaming systems. They are meant to play games. A company limiting who can play a particular game is not spurring innovation, it is simply limiting accessing to the game. That is not the same has EA purchasing the rights to be the only entity that can make one type of game. Such a notion that multiple systems spur innovation is counter to the vast variety of games that can be found on the PC which is one platform in which gamers can play any game for it with 100% backward compatibility. Your reference to cellphone companies is missing the fact that all of these companies allow access to the same service and they compete for your business. What cellphone manufacturers and service providers do on the other hand is limit your hardware selection depending on the service provider however the service is not limited by the hardware. If gaming was truly like that then MS, Sony and Nintendo would be vying for our business to purchase their hardware for a variety of hardware related features that is exclusive to them however, we would have access to all the games.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thedude-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thedude- said:

I am indeed.

Yes, Adam Boyes confirmed it on stage that it's the only console that it will come on. It can come to Mac and Linux

I always enjoy monkey wrenches being thrown in the system wars history. It has become so predictable in comparison to the Dreamcast days. Though I am not happy XO owners will not see it.

It is a strategic move that will immediately push a giant crowd of Street Fighter fans who have yet to make the jump to current gen consoles.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@JustPlainLucas

You're still on this Exclusives = Creativity logic ?

You're argument has one or two inconsistancies:

1st of all, even if there was only just one console... 3rd Parties would still be competing, just as they are doing so now....

2ndly, Competition doesn't lead to Creativity...... Infact its more likely and pretty much guarantees everybody's going to do the samething.... Its just like you said, Sony has an Exclusive fighting game..... So whats Microsoft Creative and Solution ? SUPRIZE..... Its ANOTHER FIGHTING GAME..... And heres the kicker..... If they want to bring any Street Fighter fans to Xbox they are going to have to make a Clone...... Its either that or nothing, and its completely redundant..... Thats how competition works, you don't go to a competition to see Creativity and Innovation, you go to see the best of several types of similar things.

Theres no argument you can make or evidence you can offer that can link Exclusivity to Creativity and Innovation.

The reality is for every exclusive game each console comes up with, the other has to come up with a similar one, Except Nintendo ofcourse, this is the console that has been doing alot more innovation than Microsoft and Sony and yet surprise surprise, people want the twins more than the red headed step Child that is the Wii U, the only Console that still does backwards compatibility, has better local multiplayer games, and free online, shitty as it maybe (Splitscreen is better anyway)..... Theres your innovation right there, from a console that is not competing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride

@thedude-: i seriously don't give a crap, They got Tomb Raider. What do they have to bitch about?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

We really gotta stop this "Us and Them" attitude, we're all gamers and we all wana live in a perfect world where only one system plugged into our TVs will play any game....

I don't like Street Fighter one bit but I still think this is all wrong.