castletonsnob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 castletonsnob
Member since 2020 • 17 Posts

My disc of Crash Team Racing that I've had since I was a kid might be damaged, because audio skips and Uka Uka gets stretched out when he's giving hints.

Also, the thing that keeps your disc in place when you put it in your PS1 fell off.

I am not happy right now.

Post stories of your old games/consoles breaking.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I had a couple original 360s get the RRoD, but who hasn't? Other than that I think my consoles have been pretty solid. One of my original 60GB PS3s has a bad fan but otherwise it works.

I take pretty good care of my games, though. I don't recall every having an issue with a damaged disc/cart.

Controllers, though, I've had to replace or repair many over the years.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

In terms of outright breaking.

My 360 got the RROD.

Many years later my PS3 (60GB model) got the YLOD....while playing dark souls 2. i friggin hate dark souls :P.

My vita also failed which i was a bit gutted over....really like that machine :(. I was in the middle of playing Ys 8.

My TV of 10 years old went out quite literally with a bang. Plugged it in and BOOM! i really wish i got another 10 months out of it as the replacement i really wanted wasn't out yet...dang it.

Many many years ago my PC also mysteriously failed. I had switched it off at the mains and about a week later switched it back on. Long short everything in the PC died. the CPU, mobo, ram, GPU....everything. i didn't skimp on the power supply or anything. there was no lightening in the previous week. there was no bang. there was no sign of burn marks or anything anywhere...it just completely and utterly died and i have no idea why.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Tend to have more problems with controllers/ mouses/ and keyboards than the systems themselves. Namely of recent years.

Dualshock 4 and Joycon are infamous for many issues, most common is analog drifting. Which has since been replaced almost entirely to the Switch Pro Controller (pay up or don't game I suppose is the brutal truth).

My Razer DeathAdder mouse stopped working this week as well, suppose it lasted long enough though.

But my Huntsman keyboard only lasted three months till it went crazy, replacement was due four weeks ago but thanks to lock-down have no clue when to expect it. Stuck with a broken keyboard that presses six keys constantly, luckily I've been successful remapping those keys to something less annoying for the time being.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

My fat PS3 with all the backwards compatibility died presumably because it overheated. I had to replay half of FF13. I had to take it apart to get the disc out.

....piece-a crap hardware....

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I played GTA 3 on my PS2 so much that the game literally wore out and I had to buy a new copy.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

My ps3 (which sounded like a fighter jet) died early on while my day one 360 works fine to this day.

My orange custom X1 controller drifts like crazy but this gen went controller crazy so I have lots of backup.

I haven’t checked in a while, but I’ve heard the Saturn discs are rotting big time so I assume my collection is worthless - or at least a few discs.

My Wii somehow died which is odd considering I think I’ve turned it on maybe 4 times.