still bitter about capcom, just get pissed of looking at there logo...

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

so as I enter the gamespot page and saw how resident evil orc sold 2 million I was genuinely mad after all the bs capcom does to its followers they still do good. how many of you still resent ther bad business practices?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Ehhh getting Pissed must mean they made some games you really cared about, eh?

To me it is just a sort of dissapointment, but one that alot of Pubs have begun to invoke.

I do think I understand the frustration tho, Capcom really has sunk somewhat, or rather alienated thier fanbase, and made questionable buisness practices this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The Grammar Nazi in me was crying out reading your title

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

why can't people know the difference between

there

their

they're

???

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
yea, Operation raccoon city was going to be bad since day 1. thankfully, however, capcom still managed to sell a bit that they can now put into good games. Its also not like they didn't just release revelations, which is an amazing game. also; grammar nazi-ism has been played out. ya, Its easier to discriminate than to understand, but damn some people just don't even try. i'm sure you guys have never made a grammatical error in your lives, and are completely righteous in your corrections.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

yea, Operation raccoon city was going to be bad since day 1. thankfully, however, capcom still managed to sell a bit that they can now put into good games. Its also not like they didn't just release revelations, which is an amazing game. also; grammar nazi-ism has been played out. ya, Its easier to discriminate than to understand, but damn some people just don't even try. i'm sure you guys have never made a grammatical error in your lives, and are completely righteous in your corrections.garrett_duffman

There's nothing to understand; you are butchering the written language and seem entirely apathetic to that fact.

I'm far from a grammar-Nazi but not employing the basic rules of grammar and punctuation makes reading your posts difficult and actually lowers the effectiveness of any point you are trying to convey.

I have no doubt you are an intelligent and capable person but your posts read like the work of a 5th grader, which I doubt is the apex of your abilities.

I'm not trying to pick on you or deride you but rather I would submit that grammar and punctuation is the frame in which you present your thoughts and make your ideas more credible.

Just a friendly suggestion.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Doesn't bother me really. Capcom makes my favorite games so they are pretty much my favorite developer. RE: ORC was pretty lame but it should be obvious to most gamers that it was going to be. Anything not part of the main RE line is garbage, set by a long historical precedent of proof to that fact. Still when I think of this generation for Capcom I think of Dead Rising, RE5, SFIV the new 8 bit Megaman games, Lost Planet which is ok. So eh to all the other stuff, they still deliver. Entertainment purchases are always a buyer beware scenario. Giant film company's like Universal or whoever have bad movies with all the great ones they make too for instance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1

there

their

they're

???

almasdeathchild

Because people these days can't spell. And it's annoying

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44152 Posts
I still love Capcom because they still make a lot of great games. Resident Evil ORC wasn't developed by them but I still would have liked it to have turned out better although to be fair I haven't played it yet. Their internal stuff is typically great stuff. They really haven't done anything that bothered me too much.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#11 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I hate the fact that they have been all about the dollar lately instead of focusing on making better games. But, if this means that they may feel comfortable in trying out a real Survival RE game in the future, then good for them. I just don't buy their games new unless they are great, sadly RE5 was the last one I got new, and that's just because it came with my red 360. If it hadn't, I would have picked it up for $4.99.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
If they're making games I want to play, I'm going to buy them. There is no such thing as a virtuous business.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

there

their

they're

???

hummer700

I think grammar nazi's are more annoying. Honestly, who cares? People cannot spell and pointing it out isn't going to change anything.

Funny how people call them Grammar Nazis yet it's more like Spelling Nazis. Anyway at least we're doing it right. We point it out so people learn to spell again .Where would the english language go if everyone started talking like that?

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]yea, Operation raccoon city was going to be bad since day 1. thankfully, however, capcom still managed to sell a bit that they can now put into good games. Its also not like they didn't just release revelations, which is an amazing game. also; grammar nazi-ism has been played out. ya, Its easier to discriminate than to understand, but damn some people just don't even try. i'm sure you guys have never made a grammatical error in your lives, and are completely righteous in your corrections.Grammaton-Cleric

There's nothing to understand; you are butchering the written language and seem entirely apathetic to that fact.

I'm far from a grammar-Nazi but not employing the basic rules of grammar and punctuation makes reading your posts difficult and actually lowers the effectiveness of any point you are trying to convey.

I have no doubt you are an intelligent and capable person but your posts read like the work of a 5th grader, which I doubt is the apex of your abilities.

I'm not trying to pick on you or deride you but rather I would submit that grammar and punctuation is the frame in which you present your thoughts and make your ideas more credible.

you're dumb. I'm not the OP, so maybe his "butchering of the language" isn't as bad as your condescending narcissism when it comes to something as menial as the way someone types something. get over yourself.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

They've had a rough go for a while and made some bad decisions, but I still loves me some Capcom. I have Dragon's Dogma preordered and can't wait to play it.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]yea, Operation raccoon city was going to be bad since day 1. thankfully, however, capcom still managed to sell a bit that they can now put into good games. Its also not like they didn't just release revelations, which is an amazing game. also; grammar nazi-ism has been played out. ya, Its easier to discriminate than to understand, but damn some people just don't even try. i'm sure you guys have never made a grammatical error in your lives, and are completely righteous in your corrections.garrett_duffman

you're dumb. I'm not the OP, so maybe his "butchering of the language" isn't as bad as your condescending narcissism when it comes to something as menial as the way someone types something. get over yourself.

It's hardly "condescending narcissism" if it's true. People are initially going to judge your character through text if there is no personal interaction - this goes for over the internet, in school, job applications, or whatever. Just because the internet isn't a strictly formal place doesn't mean that someone isn't going presume your intellectual capability based on your ability to write in your own language (which can sometimes be a bad thing because it may not be a person's first language).

But in any case, no, I'm not pissed at Capcom because they're making games that I want. Same goes for people who are still buying them; if there's a demand for Capcom titles, they're going to sell.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#18 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

you're dumb. I'm not the OP, so maybe his "butchering of the language" isn't as bad as your condescending narcissism when it comes to something as menial as the way someone types something. get over yourself.garrett_duffman

And you need to stop being so needlessly hostile. I swear, every other post I see from you in here involves some form of insults or condesending comments. There are still some restrictions on being a jerk in this board, and I won't hesitate to act if you keep this up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] you're dumb. I'm not the OP, so maybe his "butchering of the language" isn't as bad as your condescending narcissism when it comes to something as menial as the way someone types something. get over yourself.c_rake

And you need to stop being so needlessly hostile. I swear, every other post I see from you in here involves some form of insults or condesending comments. There are still some restrictions on being a jerk in this board, and I won't hesitate to act if you keep this up.

C_rake stickin up for the little guy *tears* :P

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

A simple mistake.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] you're dumb. I'm not the OP, so maybe his "butchering of the language" isn't as bad as your condescending narcissism when it comes to something as menial as the way someone types something. get over yourself.c_rake

maybe if every other jerk in town didn't feel the need to act like chumps when even a slight misspell occurs then maybe I wouldnt have to break balls every time I come over here. I don't come here to hear people act like 6th graders about spelling. I come here to talk about games.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 c_rakestraw  Moderator

maybe if every other jerk in town didn't feel the need to act like chumps when even a slight misspell occurs then maybe I wouldnt have to break balls every time I come over here. I don't come here to hear people act like 6th graders about spelling. I come here to talk about games.garrett_duffman

Ignore it if it's such a problem then.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]yea, Operation raccoon city was going to be bad since day 1. thankfully, however, capcom still managed to sell a bit that they can now put into good games. Its also not like they didn't just release revelations, which is an amazing game. also; grammar nazi-ism has been played out. ya, Its easier to discriminate than to understand, but damn some people just don't even try. i'm sure you guys have never made a grammatical error in your lives, and are completely righteous in your corrections.garrett_duffman

Firstly, what does "condescending narcissism" even mean? It's literally like you took two entirely disparate concepts and fused them together without bothering to understand either.

Also, can you explain how my post was in any way condescending? Especially considering that I went to great efforts not to insult but rather convey my purpose to give him a legitimate piece of advice.

I don't recall ever reading your banal prose before but already I find you tedious so a word warning as it applies to this forum: Those who offer nothing but childish quips and puerile banter don't tend to last long here.

Either evolve or go back to some other board where "ball busting" is the requisite skill for entry.

Also, lay off the personal insults.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GodModeEnabled
Just to throw this out there Dragons Dogma is looking pretty good as well, with a pretty fun demo available- you guys should check it out. The game certainly has promise.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Just to throw this out there Dragons Dogma is looking pretty good as well, with a pretty fun demo available- you guys should check it out. The game certainly has promise.GodModeEnabled
Just killing time till this ships to me.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Just to throw this out there Dragons Dogma is looking pretty good as well, with a pretty fun demo available- you guys should check it out. The game certainly has promise.Dracula68

I've been on the fence about Dragon's Dogma. Sometimes I want to get it, other times I don't. Still not 100% sure...

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Just to throw this out there Dragons Dogma is looking pretty good as well, with a pretty fun demo available- you guys should check it out. The game certainly has promise.GodModeEnabled

I should download that. Been hearing good things about it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] you're dumb. I'm not the OP, so maybe his "butchering of the language" isn't as bad as your condescending narcissism when it comes to something as menial as the way someone types something. get over yourself.garrett_duffman

maybe if every other jerk in town didn't feel the need to act like chumps when even a slight misspell occurs then maybe I wouldnt have to break balls every time I come over here. I don't come here to hear people act like 6th graders about spelling. I come here to talk about games.

Then stop being a hypocrite and insutling other people. If you are here to discuss videogames, do so in a civil manner. Right now, you're not really adding anything positive to this thread. Maybe you should just leave the thread in its entirety and stop insulting others for your benefit?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Just to throw this out there Dragons Dogma is looking pretty good as well, with a pretty fun demo available- you guys should check it out. The game certainly has promise.Metamania

I've been on the fence about Dragon's Dogma. Sometimes I want to get it, other times I don't. Still not 100% sure...

That's why you always rent if not sure like me.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Companies put out bad games and dlc all the time, I don't get how it's so much worse than most when Capcom does it. Anyway I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 6 and maybe Lost Planet 3. I will definitely buy Dragon's Dogma at some point but probably not day one.
JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

so as I enter the gamespot page and saw how resident evil orc sold 2 million I was genuinely mad after all the bs capcom does to its followers they still do good. how many of you still resent ther bad business practices?

accesdenied

Yes they do alot of bad, greedy business practices but what I, and perhaps others as well cannot deny is capcom despite being greedy, can make really good games, I mean just looking at the Dragon's Dogma video made me feel so hyped up for the game. Their alot like EA a greedy company who can make really good games like Dead Space, The Sims, Battlefield, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#32 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="hummer700"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I think grammar nazi's are more annoying. Honestly, who cares? People cannot spell and pointing it out isn't going to change anything.

Funny how people call them Grammar Nazis yet it's more like Spelling Nazis. Anyway at least we're doing it right. We point it out so people learn to spell again .Where would the english language go if everyone started talking like that?

Using the wrong "they're, their and there" is a grammar mistake.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GodModeEnabled
 !
livingundead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 livingundead
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

It's the truth. However, I was hoping to put a more 'tongue-in-cheek' spin to mine. A 'lets-have-a-laugh-at-grammar-correctiveness' sort of thing. If anyone knows anything about grammar than, well, they are clearly lying. Grammar is stupid and is 90% based on how one reads the article. If someone is having that much difficulty reading someone's poorly written post, why not imagine it the way you would write it? It would solve this whole thing where the grammar-Nazi's abduct every thread arguing among each other over who knows more about commas, adverbs, adjectives, hyphens and colons/semi-colons. Do you know what a colon is? It's part of your bum. I feel bad for anyone that has a semi-colon.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 c_rakestraw  Moderator

It's the truth. However, I was hoping to put a more 'tongue-in-cheek' spin to mine. A 'lets-have-a-laugh-at-grammar-correctiveness' sort of thing. If anyone knows anything about grammar than, well, they are clearly lying. Grammar is stupid and is 90% based on how one reads the article. If someone is having that much difficulty reading someone's poorly written post, why not imagine it the way you would write it? It would solve this whole thing where the grammar-Nazi's abduct every thread arguing among each other over who knows more about commas, adverbs, adjectives, hyphens and colons/semi-colons. Do you know what a colon is? It's part of your bum. I feel bad for anyone that has a semi-colon.livingundead

We do it to help. Granted, giving advice unsolicited isn't the best idea (which is why I try avoiding it at all costs no matter how tempting it may be), but the intentions aren't terrible.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

The Earth is round. The Sun is hot. Water is wet. Space is vast. And my trolling is over.

Feel free to criticise my grammar because I probably made a mistake or two. Maybe even a typo just for you. Haha, a poet and I didn't even know it. There I go again, too bad my name isn't Stan. Now I'm trying too hard to be a bard.

livingundead

Do you know what a colon is? It's part of your bum. I feel bad for anyone that has a semi-colon.

livingundead

stop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="hummer700"] I think grammar nazi's are more annoying. Honestly, who cares? People cannot spell and pointing it out isn't going to change anything. -Unreal-

Using the wrong "they're, their and there" is a grammar mistake.

I know but most times it's spelling mistakes and people say "Grammar Nazi alert"

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#39 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

So, vaguely on topic, I don't understand. A game company sold a lot of one title and you're angry? I think you're taking things far too seriously if that's the case. What does it matter to you if ORC sold 1 million to 30 million copies? All that should matter is if you bought it and your feelings having actually played it?

I also don't understand the Capcom hate going around. They have done some lame things but so have many other companies regarding glitches, on disc DLC, content cut etc. All that matters is Capcom still make some awesome titles and I am looking forward to Dragons Dogma and Resident Evil 6 myself.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]yea, Operation raccoon city was going to be bad since day 1. thankfully, however, capcom still managed to sell a bit that they can now put into good games. Its also not like they didn't just release revelations, which is an amazing game. also; grammar nazi-ism has been played out. ya, Its easier to discriminate than to understand, but damn some people just don't even try. i'm sure you guys have never made a grammatical error in your lives, and are completely righteous in your corrections.livingundead

There's nothing to understand.You are butchering the written language and seem entirely apathetic to that fact.

I'm far from a grammar-Nazi, but not employing the basic rules of grammar and punctuation makes reading your posts difficult and, actually, lowers the effectiveness of any point you are trying to convey.

I have no doubt you are an intelligent and capable person but your posts read like the work of a 5th Grader.Which I doubt is the apex of your abilities.

I'm not trying to pick on you or deride you, but rather, I would submit that grammar and punctuation is the frame in which you present your thoughts and make your ideas more credible.

I can play grammar-Nazi too. ;\

To put it simply for everyone that doesn't care; 'I'm not trying to be a grammar-Nazi, but I am.'

First, the way you put your words together is just as confusing as the person you criticized. Second, a good, strong sentence makes a single point. If you want to make multiple points just start a new sentence. There isn't a sentence fee or anything. Fifth Grader is considered a proper noun. Using big words may make you sound well-educated, but what good is it if people don't understand you? If you want to sound smarter and better than everyone else use clear, concise thoughts. Don't mumble everything up with fancy terms. And, hiding insults using uncommon words that a person may be unfamiliar with is just as insulting.

The Earth is round. The Sun is hot. Water is wet. Space is vast. And my trolling is over.

Feel free to criticise my grammar because I probably made a mistake or two. Maybe even a typo just for you. Haha, a poet and I didn't even know it. There I go again, too bad my name isn't Stan. Now I'm trying too hard to be a bard.

Back on topic. I am completely indifferent to anything Capcom does.

If you really want to play this game then by all means, let us begin.

The manner in which I used the semicolon was entirely correct. If you can provide some formal evidence to the contrary, be my guest. I'm willing to wager you can't even delineate the clear and proper usage of the semicolon as it perplexes most people. It is also punctuation that can be liberally applied by the writer.

It's difficult to make out your corrections but if the implication is that I was supposed to employ commas then you are wholly incorrect,

In that first sentence the use of the word "but" is a conjunction (thus no comma needed) and the rest of your corrections are a pedestrian overuse of the comma. My prose as it appeared originally is grammatically correct by even the most rigorous academic standards. (And trust me when I say I have a bit of knowledge in this area)

"5th grader" would not be capitalized as it is a general term and not specific (i.e. proper noun) and the way I implement the word "which" and the subsequent comma is also correct.

Your critique of my sentence construction is as erroneous as your assertions that my grammar and punctuation is incorrect. Whatever deficiency you may possess as it relates to your own reading comprehension it has no bearing beyond the narrow parameters of your limited cognition.

You have a clear issue with complex sentences and most of your corrections, even when factoring in the inherent elasticity of English grammar and punctuation, are flatly wrong.

If you want to play this game then by all means we can play but you'd better be equipped and understand the rules. Personally, I'm flexible with grammar to a point but the inability by some to utilize even the most basic aspects of grammar and punctuation is an increasing problem and a grotesque bastardization of the language.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Grammaton-Cleric

!GodModeEnabled

That's actually pretty damn funny.

I'm not very uptight about the issue at all but if a person cannot even capitalize each new sentence then they are being intellectually lazy.

Personally, I blame all the texting and casual email writing but I also realize it's a lost cause, as you can clearly see from the responses in this very thread.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Grammaton-Cleric

It's the truth. However, I was hoping to put a more 'tongue-in-cheek' spin to mine. A 'lets-have-a-laugh-at-grammar-correctiveness' sort of thing. If anyone knows anything about grammar than, well, they are clearly lying. Grammar is stupid and is 90% based on how one reads the article. If someone is having that much difficulty reading someone's poorly written post, why not imagine it the way you would write it? It would solve this whole thing where the grammar-Nazi's abduct every thread arguing among each other over who knows more about commas, adverbs, adjectives, hyphens and colons/semi-colons. Do you know what a colon is? It's part of your bum. I feel bad for anyone that has a semi-colon.

livingundead

Setting aside your earlier post, I would like to address this because there is some element of truth to what you have stated here.

English is a Germanic language but it was decided long ago that the Latin grammatical system would be foisted onto it and it has been an uncomfortable fit ever since.

We are quite literally employing a system of grammar meant for an entirely different language.

That is why grammar and punctuation do enjoy malleability and it also explains why spellings in English are so often muddled and confusing.

However, basic grammar and punctuation exist for the primary purposes of organization and to ensure clear delivery to the reader. That is why I continue to advocate capitalization and basic grammatical structure and if that makes me a pretentious zealot or grammar-Nazi then so be it.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dracula68
Why in the blue hell am I reading about grammar in a thread that has to do with Capcom? C'mon folks. Take it to a pm please.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="livingundead"]

I can play grammar-Nazi too. ;\

To put it simply for everyone that doesn't care; 'I'm not trying to be a grammar-Nazi, but I am.'

First, the way you put your words together is just as confusing as the person you criticized. Second, a good, strong sentence makes a single point. If you want to make multiple points just start a new sentence. There isn't a sentence fee or anything. Fifth Grader is considered a proper noun. Using big words may make you sound well-educated, but what good is it if people don't understand you? If you want to sound smarter and better than everyone else use clear, concise thoughts. Don't mumble everything up with fancy terms. And, hiding insults using uncommon words that a person may be unfamiliar with is just as insulting.

Back on topic. I am completely indifferent to anything Capcom does.

livingundead

If you really want to play this game then by all means, let us begin.

The manner in which I used the semicolon was entirely correct. If you can provide some formal evidence to the contrary, be my guest. I'm willing to wager you can't even delineate the clear and proper usage of the semicolon as it perplexes most people. It is also punctuation that can be liberally applied by the writer.

It's difficult to make out your corrections but if the implication is that I was supposed to employ commas then you are wholly incorrect,

In that first sentence the use of the word "but" is a conjunction (thus no comma needed) and the rest of your corrections are a pedestrian overuse of the comma. My prose as it appeared originally is grammatically correct by even the most rigorous academic standards. (And trust me when I say I have a bit of knowledge in this area)

"5th grader" would not be capitalized as it is a general term and not specific (i.e. proper noun) and the way I implement the word "which" and the subsequent comma is also correct.

Your critique of my sentence construction is as erroneous as your assertions that my grammar and punctuation is incorrect. Whatever deficiency you may possess as it relates to your own reading comprehension it has no bearing beyond the narrow parameters of your limited cognition.

You have a clear issue with complex sentences and most of your corrections, even when factoring in the inherent elasticity of English grammar and punctuation, are flatly wrong.

If you want to play this game then by all means we can play but you'd better be equipped and understand the rules. Personally, I'm flexible with grammar to a point but the inability by some to utilize even the most basic aspects of grammar and punctuation is an increasing problem and a grotesque bastardization of the language.

I never came out and said the way you write is wrong. Yes, you used the semi-colon properly, but most people don't know what to do when they see a semicolon. By keeping sentences short and concise makes it easier for the reader to read. When you write you write in the hope that what you write gets read. It won't get read if people can't understand the message you are trying to get across. I used a generous amount of commas because that is how I read your analytical response. If you wanted it to read a certain way, maybe you should focus more on the style in which you write something instead of being grammatically sound. Fifth Grader (5th) can be used as a proper noun in some instances like; 'That Fifth Grader over there, he's a pretty cool cat.' Using 'and', 'but' and 'because' is perfectly acceptable to use at the beginning of a sentence as long as it doesn't become a constant thing. Using such words helps create flow which also makes whatever it is you're writing easier to read. My grasp of the English language is perfectly. You might say it's above average. However, there are many people not so lucky. When I write it is to be read, and not to prove my educational superiority to the majority of people in the world. And if you didn't notice from my response afterwards, my direct response to you wasn't to be taken literally. It was a fun jape at grammar-Nazis. I was simply poking fun at how people take grammar so seriously because 90-95% of the world doesn't understand it and probably 99% of the world could care less about it.

This type of rebuttal has been a reoccurring theme lately with some of you newer members.

I've been here for ten years (actually longer) and I get overwhelmingly positive feedback for what I write and how I convey that message. I write for intelligent people because I always assume the best of my fellow-gamers and I certainly have no aspirations to dilute my vocabulary because of these hypothetical, English-challenged abstractions you allude to who apparently couldn't understand my writing.

With due respect, your advice is misplaced and almost comically ironic given my own background. As Dracula stated we're getting far off topic so if you want to delve further into the matter feel free to PM me.

That said, no harm, no foul.

livingundead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 livingundead
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

That we can agree on. I'm going to delete my previous messages so not to scare people off. And if you'd like to discuss grammar with me feel welcome to message me. I like grammar, but we clearly have different views. It probably comes from teaching styles.

Anyway, Capcom, Capcom. I haven't played a Capcom game since RE5. I didn't like the direction it was heading and Raccoon City doesn't look like my thing. I think single player games and their developers should stick to what they know with creating good to great single player games instead of trying to tack on some multiplayer them that takes away from the original idea. I'd be much more satisfied going out and buying a good single player game and enjoy it for 8-15 hours instead of getting a hybrid game where too many resources were put into creating an average or sub-par multiplayer experience. Unfortunately it looks like Capcom is trying to cash in on the Call of Duty crowd.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] !Grammaton-Cleric

That's actually pretty damn funny.

I'm not very uptight about the issue at all but if a person cannot even capitalize each new sentence then they are being intellectually lazy.

Personally, I blame all the texting and casual email writing but I also realize it's a lost cause, as you can clearly see from the responses in this very thread.

Oh i'm with you there, just posted that for a laugh. Success! That's even assuming that a lot of today's kids know who he is.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

School just got over but reading through Grammaton-Cleric's posts makes me feel like I'm right back in. Damn English A201.

On topic, I love me some Capcom. I don't care about their business practices, I care about the games. That's all.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm still bitter about Resident Evil 5. :P
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"] Just killing time till this ships to me.Dracula68

That's why you always rent if not sure like me.

Im about to try the demo. I hope I like it because I want the RE6 demo :P