Starfield could be a generic sci-fi equivalent of Skyrim, and I still can't wait to play it! :)

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I've been waiting for a game like this to come out for years now.

My top expectation for Bethesda's Starfield is for it to be like TES at least as far as choosable species and side quests. Thus, I'm hoping it'll be more like a space opera. Only thing I don't want in practicality is NO EXTRA PLANETS TO TRAVEL TO. It's not No Man's Sky. And the planet shown in the trailer should be central to explore.

Based on what I've seen in the below video, I'm even more hyped. This guy is talking about character creation and playable aliens! And Todd Howard from Bethesda hinted that this will be a core mechanic. Yes, it should have humans as an option. But the other species (five of them?) I can't wait to pick from. RPGs with default human protags backed up by macho voice actors bore me. With the exception of Mass Effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8pjhono4uA

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

And what does Todds word really tell us?

Todd Howard once said great things prior the release of Fall Out 76, Bethesda Studios last project. After release stated we should have expected what players got. . .

When looking at a portfolio rationality, one should eye what was most recent. Not what this developer did during some glory years of old (Skyrim was 2011 folks)

The Elder Scrolls VI and Star Field will still use the Gamebryo engine, with the same people who worked on Fall Out 76. "Get hyped" ain't happening from this user till shown they have a product worth investing in.

Bethesda can no longer rely on reputation for the larger gaming demographic, seeing as majority fans are angry at what Bethesda Studios has been selling. They need to show they can play with the big bois, not tell us, as they're loyalty card is all but drained.

The Outer Worlds> Star Field

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Um, I wouldn't use Fallout 76 as ammo for my reasoning if I were you. No offense. I can understand if you mean that by it was the last game they made that hit shelves. But I doubt SF will have 76's problems.

Isn't 76 a controversially bad MMO? *Shrugs.* Star Field's supposed to be a big budget single player RPG. And TES VI will be pushed to the time 5 and Project Scarlett come out. It doesn't bug me if the former mentioned ends up being less or more than Skyrim.

The Outer Worlds, I'm not that much anticipating. Basically Fallout 4: In Space and the sole reason Iggy Pop is popular in 2019.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ

@sanghelle56 said:

@RSM-HQ: Um, I wouldn't use Fallout 76 as ammo for my reasoning if I were you. No offense. I can understand if you mean that by it was the last game they made that hit shelves. But I doubt SF will have 76's problems.

No offence taken but it's a more reliable game of reference than Skyrim. Many of whom have already departed the company probably over five years ago at least. Skyrim is old and not a note worthy game to use for praise in 2019 for a developer_

Stating "won't have the same problems" is just not a phrase I have much faith in. Lying about a product to customers is a very bad sin, but you be you.

Isn't 76 a controversially bad MMO? *Shrugs.* Star Field's supposed to be a big budget single player RPG.

One can throw money on a burning heap but it'll still burn.

Duke Nukem Forever also had a big budget (AAA). Don't think that really has much weight. If the developer releases trash, one should expect trash; till proven otherwise. And believe me I would want nothing more than to be wrong and Bethesda Studios to make a good game.

Stating it was an MMO also means little consider Todd himself described Fall Out 76 as a "true Bethesda Fall Out experience". And honestly you are taking his words to heart which is the most concerning.

The Outer Worlds, I'm not that much anticipating. Basically Fallout 4: In Space and the sole reason Iggy Pop is popular in 2019.

Not really sure I'll even buy The Outer Worlds honestly, yet looks far more appealing to Todds teams offerings of late

Loading Video...

If we look at recent years Obsidian has a far superior portfolio, reputation, and honesty to its loyal demographic. Bethesda Studios can make non of these claims.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

And what does Todds word really tell us?

Loading Video...

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#6 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Too bad The Outer Worlds will be an Epic Games Store exclusive for PC version.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RSM-HQ
@lembu90 said:

Too bad The Outer Worlds will be an Epic Games Store exclusive for PC version.

Not really, and don't think enough people view it as an issue. Just the vocal minority; usually Steam fanbois.

Install launcher, buy game. Not really a problem. Most P.C. Gamers probably already have it as well.

Only distribution platform I even like on P.C. is GoG, yet I have six of them.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

I’m pretty hyped for Starfield myself. I really enjoyed Fallout 3, 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim so the one disappointment which was Fallout 76 is heavily outweighed by what I did like. Sometimes devs stumble so I typically cut them some slack unless it starts to become a trend.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Neither Skryrim nor Fallout 4 were that good imo. And the last (and only?) great game that Bethesda studious made was Fallout 3. And that was what - 12 years ago?

Since then nothing but disappointment.

As others have pointed out Bethesda can no longer ride on hype, advertising or reputation. They'll have to actually deliver this time. I'll wait for reviews.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Knowing Bethesduh, it probably will be the same crap they've been doing, 'but with a sci-fi skin'.

...and Bethtards will rejoice.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Pretty unhyped for this. I just want Starfield completed and over with so we can have ES6 already.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Despite Bethesda arguably losing their touch more with each new game, I believe they can still create an open world RPG worth exploring. So yeah I'm moderately hyped.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

I'd love to have a Skyrim-like space sci-fi game. I'm more excited for TES6.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RSM-HQ

ya this game will be great probably. I hope it has always online drm and lootboxes I can buy

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Meh, I will still play the game eventually. Its not on my priority games list but something fun to play later on.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#18 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@sanghelle56 said:

I've been waiting for a game like this to come out for years now.

My top expectation for Bethesda's Starfield is for it to be like TES at least as far as choosable species and side quests. Thus, I'm hoping it'll be more like a space opera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8pjhono4uA

Considering how Fallout 4 turned out, I hope you are also excited for a healthy helping of Minecraft on the side.

God, Fallout 4 turned out to be something else.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I expect it to be what the original Prey 2 was supposed to be; open-world sci-fi action-rpg. But truthfully, I don't really have any expectations right now, I just hope it's less of what we've been seeing from Bethesda of late.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I expect it to be what the original Prey 2 was supposed to be; open-world sci-fi action-rpg. But truthfully, I don't really have any expectations right now, I just hope it's less of what we've been seeing from Bethesda of late.

Loading Video...

This cancellation still hurts :(

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@warmblur said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Loading Video...

This cancellation still hurts :(

It really does.

I liked the universe of the original Prey, was looking forward to exploring it.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

really hinges on if modding is still free. If not, **** it. I mean, I've logged so many hours in bethesda games and literally bought DLC solely because of community made mods. If they make me pay them beyond the retail price so other people can make their game better, i'll just pass, I think.

but if it's like it is now, the idea of a moddable space opera with multiple worlds is pretty fascinating.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

Knowing Bethesduh, it probably will be the same crap they've been doing, 'but with a sci-fi skin'.

...and Bethtards will rejoice.

That's not a bad thing IMO. A lot of sequels try to innovate and make it worse. At least we sorta know what to expect.