templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 918 Posts

I know this game is getting pretty old... I just tried it for the first time over the weekend. I had gotten it for free through games with gold years ago. Installed it on my Series X.

I know the game received mostly neutral- somewhat positive reviews back in the day. The 2nd was poorly received, and I believe that was mostly for its lack of content. I would call it a 3D beat em' up disguised as a Star Wars game.

From my vantage of playing it now- the game is just awful. The physics and controls and camera do not feel well. The speed your character moves and jumps is jank- just kinda flys all over the place. I tried it on normal difficulty. There are enemies with machine guns that shoot you from far away and can take out most of your health bar before you approach them. The main mechanic of picking up debris and enemies with the force and throwing them is weird. You're supposed to flick the control stick but they often don't fly in the exact direction you want. The lock on feature is automatic but doesn't always select the thing you want. Boss battles are also very janky. The one on the 3rd level I am stuck on. It can counter me while I'm hitting it with the lightsaber, stun lock me, and take out 1/3 of my health with a few hits while I sit there waiting for the stun to wear off. Seems like the only way to beat it is snail paced cheese (lighting, one hit, run away, repeat), or something I'm missing.

Anyway- that's my experience with the game so far. Did you ever play and like this game?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7343 Posts

I wouldn't call it awful, but yeah, The Force Unleashed was just kinda alright. You could find some enjoyment in the power-fantasy spectacle of it, and it was one of the last games LucasArts put any real effort into, so starved Star Wars fans bought it anyway.