Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theo_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 theo_1
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
Just played the demo. Is it me or are the graphics really bah! weak?
Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

I just finished playing too. I thought, if they polish it up, it will be a good game. I just hope the force push doesn't turn out to be something like Devil May Cry 4 with the demon hand...a get out of jail button.

lReviewsl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lReviewsl
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

Well i have played the demo, awsome game, awsome graphics, with kick ass engines.

This game will rock, so many people and sites have an awsome opnion about it. And my opnion is the same.

+ Awsome Story

+ Awsome gameplay

+ Force ^^

- Boss fights

Hmm...

9.0/10

Finaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Finaru
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts

Just remember guys, the game isn't done yet.

But it seems to be the next KoTR.. or at least something very close.

blacksiteninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blacksiteninja
i think the game is really really good and I'm looking forward to playing it
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Finaru

I'm not sure what you mean by saying it's the next KotOR, they're completely different types of games, plus they take place in completely different time periods.

EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
It was alright so far. I hope they polish it up a bit. It felt repeative.
Finaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Finaru
[QUOTE="Finaru"]

UT_Wrestler

I'm not sure what you mean by saying it's the next KotOR, they're completely different types of games, plus they take place in completely different time periods.

It's a star wars 3rd person action is it not?

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

From the demo, only thing that really worried me were 2 things .

odd character faces in-game (did you see princess Leia)

and rather brief story presentation.

Many action games like this tends to have story told rather briefly and not very fleshed out. I hope it isn't the case, but many previous star wars games like Jedi Academy, didn't manage to add enough meat to the story. Force Unleashed seems to have good backbone of story, but if there isn't enough meat to it, I'll be disappointed.

Other than that, demo showed it has very high potential.

Xcaliber26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Xcaliber26
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts
I beat the demo the other day and man The Force Unleashed is a very fun game :D. The graphics looked decent but nothing to be really wow'd about. The strong point is definitely the gameplay with the special abilities and action.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

Just played the demo. Is it me or are the graphics really bah! weak?theo_1

I wouldn't say blah, but they could be better, the force push and overall gameplay felt easy, not once did I come close to dying in the game.

musical_au

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musical_au
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
I just played the demo on the PS3 and i thought it was fun but the camera just did not feel right.
Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

I just played the demo on the PS3 and i thought it was fun but the camera just did not feel right.musical_au

I played a couple more times since my last post (thought the levels would get harder, but it was still fairly simple) and the camera was a major fault with it I thought.

Still, its not out yet and I think it'll be a good game once its all polished up. I hope they make the levels a little bit harder. The sound will be a seller for this game

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I just played the demo on the PS3 and i thought it was fun but the camera just did not feel right.musical_au
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
ive only played the demo once and I was a bit underwhelmed.

But I can see the potential. So i'm gonna give it another go later.
Darkcloud1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkcloud1290
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I thought they were pretty good.

But I'm not to sure about the game itself though.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"][QUOTE="Finaru"]

Finaru

It's a star wars 3rd person action is it not?

KotOR is an rpg, TFU is an action game. The only similarity is that they are both star wars games. By your strange logic you you might as well be calling TFU the next Rogue Squadron.

Finaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Finaru
It was an honest mistake, but I appreciate the mockery of my logic.
crummyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 crummyname
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
Yes the graphics weren't great, but this game has to run on a PS2 remember? I still really liked the rest of the demo and I'll probably pick the game up once it comes out.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UT_Wrestler

It was an honest mistake, but I appreciate the mockery of my logic.Finaru

Well, one connection I can see is that it could be the next star wars game to gain a large following.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#21 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Gameplay wise it seems like it has already been beat, by Jedi Outcast. The game could get better as it goes on though.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Gameplay wise it seems like it has already been beat, by Jedi Outcast. The game could get better as it goes on though.Legolas_Katarn

Ditto, its a downgrade from Outcast IMO.

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
I didn't think the graphics were bad...
Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts

I went into the demo with high expectations to say the least. I have been looking forward to this ever since it was announced and have been following it religiously. While I had a blast with the force powers I have a few observations.

The force lightning seems rather weak. I mean I remember using the force lightning in KOTOR and that seemed to be really strong. Not necessarily kills enemies faster but more like it just had this enormous sense of power.

The controls just feel clunky. I mean I know it can't be easy to map the force push and what not to the controls but even after playing through the demo several times it felt just as clunky as the first time I went through. Although it was a ton of fun throwing stormtroopers across a chasm wailing.

All-in-all I am still looking forward to it coming and I will most likely still purchase it but needless to say I am not quite as hyped as I used to be for it.

WapoStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WapoStyle
Member since 2003 • 1133 Posts
I enjoyed the demo a lot. I kept getting the feeling I was just playing Devil May Cry with a Star Wars skin on top of it, but meh, I'm not going to argue with it, I can't wait for the retail release.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Gameplay wise it seems like it has already been beat, by Jedi Outcast. The game could get better as it goes on though.Legolas_Katarn

Outcast has better lightsaber combat but Unleashed has much better force power combat.

I also appreciate the use of Euphoria and DMM.

Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts

Finaru

Um i watched a interview on Xplay and the dude making the game said it was done.

i'll try find the video clip...

Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/27810/Star_Wars_The_Force_Unleashed_All_Access.html

mhmmm
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grammaton-Cleric

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/27810/Star_Wars_The_Force_Unleashed_All_Access.html

mhmmm
Poster_11

I liked what I played so this doesn't worry me.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Gameplay wise it seems like it has already been beat, by Jedi Outcast. The game could get better as it goes on though.Grammaton-Cleric

Outcast has better lightsaber combat but Unleashed has much better force power combat.

I'm not too sure about that... so far there have been no force moments in the game that can compare to double jumping and then using level 3 force pull on a whole squad of stormtroopers under you, pulling them way up in the air only to have them all rain down again to their deaths. Stuff like that made Jedi Outcast awesome. Also, force CHOKE was sweet. And the fact that you could choose your force paths n such.

I really think it's better if this game just isn't compared to Jedi Outcast at all. Lets face it.. the Outcast guys were better all around devs. The game had a better story and better gameplay, they just didn't have the Euphoria engine available :)

Either way I'm getting this game! It's still fun in its own right and should be pretty entertaining.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="theo_1"]Just played the demo. Is it me or are the graphics really bah! weak?wizdom

I wouldn't say blah, but they could be better, the force push and overall gameplay felt easy, not once did I come close to dying in the game.

I agree, it does seem too easy, but it does have one more level of difficulty thats locked so maybe it will provide more of a challenge.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grammaton-Cleric
[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Gameplay wise it seems like it has already been beat, by Jedi Outcast. The game could get better as it goes on though.MyopicCanadian

I'm not too sure about that... so far there have been no force moments in the game that can compare to double jumping and then using level 3 force pull on a whole squad of stormtroopers under you, pulling them way up in the air only to have them all rain down again to their deaths. Stuff like that made Jedi Outcast awesome. Also, force CHOKE was sweet. And the fact that you could choose your force paths n such.

I really think it's better if this game just isn't compared to Jedi Outcast at all. Lets face it.. the Outcast guys were better all around devs. The game had a better story and better gameplay, they just didn't have the Euphoria engine available :)

Either way I'm getting this game! It's still fun in its own right and should be pretty entertaining.

The Force abilities in Unleashed seem to eclipse those in Outcast in my honest opinion. The ability to cause damage on a large scale is impressive and while I agree that the force choke was cool, I'd submit that levitating an enemy and impaling him with a saber is equally impressive. I still love Outcast and overall it may be the better game but SW:TFU is looking great regardless and I'd really like to play more of it before deciding which is the ultimate SW experience.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
After playing the demo a few more times I kind of love it. The control problem I was having went away after I learned to force grip faster. Even though I still hate LA for not making a pc version because of there bs excuse of no one will enjoy unless they have a $4000 pc.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grammaton-Cleric

After playing the demo a few more times I kind of love it. The control problem I was having went away after I learned to force grip faster. Even though I still hate LA for not making a pc version because of there bs excuse of no one will enjoy unless they have a $4000 pc.EndersAres

That was a lame excuse.

They should have just been honest and said they are no longer interested in making games for the PC market.

Of course, people would still be pissed but at least they would be telling the truth.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UT_Wrestler

In all the dev diaries I've seen for the games, the theme that the project lead keeps repeating over at every meeting is "kicking your ass with the force". Jedi Outcast has great light saber fighting, but TFU definitely makes the best use of the force powers we've ever seen.

theo_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 theo_1
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. Overall consensus yea it's just me generally everone is buying it and enjoyed the demo. Unfortuanately, I did not I just felt or had some pretty high expectations. Imagine if this game had the storyline meat of MGS4 then I might change my mind.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grammaton-Cleric

Thanks for all the input guys. Overall consensus yea it's just me generally everone is buying it and enjoyed the demo. Unfortuanately, I did not I just felt or had some pretty high expectations. Imagine if this game had the storyline meat of MGS4 then I might change my mind. theo_1

As much as I love MGS4, much of the story was a bloated, meandering mess that upon closer inspection falls apart.

The storyline in Star Wars:TFU may be a bit uninspired (i.e. another secret apprentice) but at least the resolution won't be that Starkiller is actually Anakin's clone, created by the Emperor to keep a watchful eye over Vader and who is also Luke's true father because of a wormhole that sent him back in time.

Because seriously, that's how ridiculously convoluted the Metal Gear Solid storyline has become.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grammaton-Cleric

In all the dev diaries I've seen for the games, the theme that the project lead keeps repeating over at every meeting is "kicking your ass with the force". Jedi Outcast has great light saber fighting, but TFU definitely makes the best use of the force powers we've ever seen.

UT_Wrestler

Actually, the more I play the demo, the more I'm really enjoying the saber combat. It isn't quite as sublime as what is found in Outcast but Unleashed actually looks to offer far more techniques and offensive variations and most of the enemies can be chopped down with a single stroke.

Day one purchase confirmed.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
When was this one scheduled for release anyways? IIRC its coming out soonish.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I enjoyed it until I tried the hardest setting (sith lord I think) and realised the problem, you can't run and block at the same time :(. This just means the game is not fluid enough for me, in the Jedi Knight games you would run up to an enemy while deflecting blasts then move in for the decapitate 8) hopefully you can unlock the ability to run and deflect shots or something because I didn't feel like much of a sith to be honest.