Space Exploration Game, need help on finding this game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

em_zeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 em_zeon
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I am looking for this kind of game that has the following: -You start with a ship and orbiting the station (I believe the ship is your entire ship, no replacement) -You mine minerals for you to buy weapons and fuel -You can travel to the universe -Whenever approaching a planet, you must orbit first before attempting to land -Some planets has a tremendous weather conditions that damages your ship -Some planets has water and land, some planets are purely either desert, frost, water, forest, or combination -Some planets contains alien animals roaming around the planet (some are hostiles) -Your ship has the mine scanner for you to know the exact location of the minerals -For you to mine the mineral(s) you found, you must use the small droid to mine however you control the droid too and leaving your ship -You can encounter another space alien life forms, and you can either ally them or enemy (depends on how you answer them and action) -You can take the alien animals and trade to your space station (the station when you start the game and that is the only station you have in the entire universe) -You have full access to controls of the ship. You can ascend and descend inside the planet but whenever you try to stop the ascend button while going in to space you fall and damage dealt depends on how high you fall -The game in which I believe is top view Please help me!
ja1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ja1109
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

A game that I think is like what you're looking for would be Sins of a Solar Empire it has the majority of what you are looking for so go check out some gameplay on youtube or read the review here.

em_zeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 em_zeon
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I played Sins of a Solar Empire || Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity || Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion this games are great but this is not the game.
tkdb17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tkdb17
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Might it be the very old - Universal Combat?

abarteau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 abarteau
Member since 2002 • 110 Posts

Not sure what game you're talking about but you should try Space Rangers 2.

respondier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 respondier
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
You're definitely looking for Star Control 2. There's a fanmade remake called Star Control 2: Ur-Quan Masters that I suggest you to play. Once you complete this masterpiece there's a soon-to-be-released expansion called Project 6014. You can get both completely for free, because they're based on the 3DO version (not the PC version, which is still under copyright), which is currently abandonware. I do not recommend playing Star Control 3 because it wasn't made by the same authors of the 1 and 2. Hope you have fun!
tofushreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tofushreds
Member since 2003 • 63 Posts

You are describing StarFlight for the Genesis... fantastic game that should be played and revisited by everyone

dhollplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dhollplay
Sounds like Elite: Frontier to me
tofushreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 tofushreds
Member since 2003 • 63 Posts

It's StarFlight. 100% spot on description.

Avatar image for carolynmichelle
carolynmichelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 1

#11 carolynmichelle
Member since 2002 • 4397 Posts

As others have said, I'm pretty sure you're talking about StarFlight or StarFlight II. (Star Control II also sounds like a possibility.) You can buy StarFlight and StarFlight II as a set, totally legally, from gog.com. Just $5.99 for the pair of games. (They also have Star Control I and II, and if you liked StarFlight, I really think you might like Star Control II as well.)

SlimeSwayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SlimeSwayze
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts
I was absolutely certain you were talking about Star Control II until... [QUOTE="em_zeon"] -You have full access to controls of the ship. You can ascend and descend inside the planet but whenever you try to stop the ascend button while going in to space you fall and damage dealt depends on how high you fall

Everything else could have been SCII. Anyway, even if you're not talking about Star Control II, I guarantee you that it is better than whatever game you are looking for. Go out and download Star Control II!
TheKeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheKeef
I was wondering when someone would think this also... It's Starflight (by EA before EA was evil and the little yellow tag meant good things inside), and by the way you describe it.. it's the Sega Genesis version. Loved that game, and still do. Other people who are guessing Star Control , don't remember Star Control the way I do. A good game in it's own right, but ...