South Park CoCreator: I Hope We Don’t Get a F****ng 4 on GS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Let's hope not, but we do have some controversial critics on this site.

Link

video

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm more worried about the fact they've come out and said that. If you have a well built game, with solid mechanics, and a great story you shouldn't have too much to worry about (unless Mcshea is reviewing it), so they fact they are already worried that reviewers are gonna hate it makes me wonder if they're not happy with the game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

"Don't show that to GameSpot"

Haha, that was a good watch. I kind of have some more hope for the game. It won't be perfect or amazing by any stretch probably, but it looks like it should be a great game for fans of the show. I don't expect spectacular scores, but I'll laugh if GameSpot does give it a 4. I'll give the game a shot regardless of the scores it gets, but I think the fact that it was delayed for quite a while shows that they at least put forth some sort of effort into this game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

@spike6958 said:

I'm more worried about the fact they've come out and said that. If you have a well built game, with solid mechanics, and a great story you shouldn't have too much to worry about (unless Mcshea is reviewing it), so they fact they are already worried that reviewers are gonna hate it makes me wonder if they're not happy with the game.

i thought more of it as a joke, since they have gotten a lot of exposure on this site

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Just let Tom review it.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

Tom will shred it to pieces, just to piss people off.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Probably a stab at McShea, yeah. The guy has become the unwilling champion of this school of reviewing bent of severely penalizing games for the most asinine personal reasons: "Supporting characters are not sympathetic", "Story refuses to explore difficult situations"

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

video

Hmm, strange he would think it would matter so much what it gets on Game"polygon"spot.

But of course South Park with its humour will get a low score by the hacks on Gamespot, i already see a Feedbackula in the future for the game and its review, Gamespot lives on controversy and i bet that South Park wont score above a 6-7 on GS

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

video

Hmm, strange he would think it would matter so much what it gets on Game"polygon"spot.

But of course South Park with its humour will get a low score by the hacks on Gamespot, i already see a Feedbackula in the future for the game and its review, Gamespot lives on controversy and i bet that South Park wont score above a 6-7 on GS

For gods sake, don't let Tom McShea or Carolyn Petit review this. They are going to butcher it and give it a 5 just because of the jokes and so called sexism

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

I'm sure the game will be fine no matter who reviews it. Good chance it's not gonna matter one way or another. People are going to get it if they want or avoid it if they don't want it. Thought, it would be funny to have Caro give it a low score for being misogynistic and insensitive, then have Tom do a second opinion and say it is shallow and doesn't explore the tough issues.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I wanna see Tom review the game just to see the comment section explode.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@chicknfeet said:

I'm sure the game will be fine no matter who reviews it. Good chance it's not gonna matter one way or another. People are going to get it if they want or avoid it if they don't want it. Thought, it would be funny to have Caro give it a low score for being misogynistic and insensitive, then have Tom do a second opinion and say it is shallow and doesn't explore the tough issues.

I am so getting it if they do out of spite :3

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@spike6958 said:

What dev/publisher isn't worried about the scores? low scores could easily kill a game series over night

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

video

For gods sake, don't let Tom McShea or Carolyn Petit review this. They are going to butcher it and give it a 5 just because of the jokes and so called sexism

haha i could see it

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Ahaha. Excellent.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Too be honest, I don't care if this is a good or bad game. As long as it has an engaging South Park story I might find myself enjoying it. At the same time I think that the resources for this project are in the right place. The game developer and the studio behind the show have their own roles in the production of this game. The collaboration might be beneficial to The Stick of Truth and the burden isn't just on one team.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@k2theswiss said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

video

haha i could see it

It's not a theory, i am 90% sure it's going to happen

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

worst reviews in the world on this site, so its probably getting a 4.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#19  Edited By jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@spike6958 said:

Their worried because GS doesn't know how to review games properly anymore. If they said they were worried about 4s across the board it would be cause to worry.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20  Edited By Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I think it was Super Mario Galaxy 2 that has been given a 10. Since then, Gamespot has been extremely harsh with their scores and has yet to give a new game a 10 at all. I wonder why the shake up with that? In any case, I think he was completely joking.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

I think it was Super Mario Galaxy 2 that has been given a 10. Since then, Gamespot has been extremely harsh with their scores and has yet to give a new game a 10 at all. I wonder why the shake up with that? In any case, I think he was completely joking.

Because they want to look legit even so many years after the Gerstman incident. Looking at people like Carolyn and McShea that are so inconsistent and how people are assigned to review games on this site is stupid. Reviewers should be assigned to a specific genre or platform even to know what and how they rate games. The way it's handled now is horrible

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#22 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

hope they don't lower the score because the reviewer thinks there is too much toilet humour, or too many fart jokes.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Its made by obsidian, so its guaranteed it wont be a big hit or win any awards really. It will borrow a lot from other games in terms of gameplay, it will have its share of bugs, it will be underwhelming, and mediocre overall at best. That's pretty much the best you can expect from an obsidian game.

Any praise the game gets will only be about the story, dialogue or characters. Basically anything good someone mentions about the game will be because of matt and trey.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

I think gamespot should jokingly give it a 4 for a day, and then revert to the score they actually give to it. Only because he said this.

@Gargus

I will agree that the best parts of Obsidian games have always been story, dialogue, and/or characters. This is one thing I love about Obsidian cause even despite this the gameplay is usually solid, though I will agree they usually contain a fairly large amount of bugs, but some games it makes sense do to development times, and rushes, but then again some it doesn't(Alpha Protocol for instance(loved it anyway though)).

Obsidian has been, and hopefully will continue to be one of my favorite western developers.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@Gargus said:

Its made by obsidian, so its guaranteed it wont be a big hit or win any awards really. It will borrow a lot from other games in terms of gameplay, it will have its share of bugs, it will be underwhelming, and mediocre overall at best. That's pretty much the best you can expect from an obsidian game.

Any praise the game gets will only be about the story, dialogue or characters. Basically anything good someone mentions about the game will be because of matt and trey.

They aren't that bad mate

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#26 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

am I the only one who likes tom Mcshea?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@turtlethetaffer said:

yeah, you might be one of the few

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

I think he's reviewed a few games correctly. I've agreed to some of his points.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

surely they must have a reviewer at this site that actually likes Southpark that could review it? thats the only way to get a fair review... if you hate the show you will hate this game.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 turtlethetaffer

@gameofthering: Me too, mostly Skyward Sword. Good game but it had its fair share of issues. Also, Knack. That game's one good looking POS.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

GS sometimes gives low scores for sequels; or great but flawed games.

Both of these could apply to south park.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

I am fine with him. Most people bitch about him because they think certain games are entitled to certain scores and therefore get mad when he goes against the grain.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@GreySeal9: From what I've seen, he just tells it like it is. I've actually agreed with several of his scores (although I haven't played TLOU yet).

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GreySeal9

@turtlethetaffer said:

@GreySeal9: From what I've seen, he just tells it like it is. I've actually agreed with several of his scores (although I haven't played TLOU yet).

I think he tells it like it is too. The idea that he writes troll reviews for website hits is a silly conspiracy theory.

I would have scored Skyward Sword much higher than he did, but I totally I understood where he was coming from.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 turtlethetaffer

@GreySeal9: I'd say his review of SS is correct. To me, the padding in the game was far too blatant to be enjoyable a lot of the time. Although the controls were a mixed bag (weren't great but weren't outright broken).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@GreySeal9 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

I am fine with him. Most people bitch about him because they think certain games are entitled to certain scores and therefore get mad when he goes against the grain.

Most people don't like him because he is a bad reviewer. I couldn't care less about the score. But when you have inconsistency mixed with laziness and hipster opinions, you can't really disagree with that. All of his reviews are all over the place. It's expected that he will give good games lousy reviews. But in the end of the day it's his opinion. But he's paid for this stuff aswell, so keep that in mind

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GreySeal9

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

Most people don't like him because he is a bad reviewer. I couldn't care less about the score. But when you have inconsistency mixed with laziness and hipster opinions, you can't really disagree with that. All of his reviews are all over the place. It's expected that he will give good games lousy reviews. But in the end of the day it's his opinion. But he's paid for this stuff aswell, so keep that in mind

You just proved my point with the bolded bit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Last_Ride

@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

You just proved my point with the bolded bit.

When he votes for games just because he doesn't like character, themes or even the violence, then yes i call it that. I may have overdone it calling it that, but i had to get my point across

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

I haven't beaten Skyward Sword, but I remember after the review was posted, a lot of people were angry at Tom because he was apparently inconsistent about a few things in the game, one of those aspects being the controls and how it didn't serve him as well as it would. Other players, however, apparently didn't have a problem with the game's controls. So it makes you wonder...

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I do not know much about South Park except that it is satirically vulgar. If the reviewer here considers that to be not politically correct enough, it might receive less than a perfect score like Grand Theft Auto V.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

I haven't beaten Skyward Sword, but I remember after the review was posted, a lot of people were angry at Tom because he was apparently inconsistent about a few things in the game, one of those aspects being the controls and how it didn't serve him as well as it would. Other players, however, apparently didn't have a problem with the game's controls. So it makes you wonder...

The main thing i have with him in that instance was that he praised Fable: the Journey for its controls, even though watching other reviews and gameplay videos that the game had clear flaws. It's this kind of stuff that makes me cringe everytime i hear him reviewing a game that people are interested in. That's why i have other sites i go to, because i just can't trust the guy