sony's 60gb phase out plan!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amit_Raj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Amit_Raj
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts

So Sony is phasing out 60gb model...so we r back to square 1 i.e 600$ for a ps3

does any1 think that it couldb a marketing gimmick from sony.....do u think it could b a trick to get people to buy a ps3 fearing retailers will run out of it ...and fearing that they will have to pay 100 extra to buy 1...they will go and buy1 immediately...thus ensuring rapid sales ...thus also gaining confidence of 3rd partydevelopers ????

it could b possible,i think so...

TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts
yeah who cares? youre still saving $100
wmg1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#4 wmg1299
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts
While I'm not happy that Sony dropped the price so close to when I bought my PS3, I think it's going to benefit gamers. Some gamers will savwe $100 bucks on the console. Others will get the bigger harddrive, an extra controller, and a game for the same price that the rest of us got just a 60 gig system for. It didn't work out well for me, but I think it helps all other gamers and will be a good move for the company.
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts

Bad move by Sony IMO. First, Sony dropped the price by a 100-150 in some places which is pretty sweet here in Canada because right now, the Xbox 360 Elite is the same as a PS3 but then Microsoft comes along and says they will be cutting their prices so sooner or later, the price will drop for the 360. Then Sony announces they will be phasing out the 60gig model and be introducing the 80gig model for a higher price.

If youask me, Sony shot themselfs in the foot, they pretty much forced Microsoft to drop their prices but then they decide to bring out a new model at the original price point. Sony shoulda stuck with the 60gig model. I myself am tempted to buy a PS3 right now because of the price drop but also, for the emo chip which pretty much makes all PS2 gamescompatible. The 80gig has all the same features as the 60gig except the extra 20gigs which will be useless for me and the software emulation.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

There's already a thread about this a few pages back.