Sony, I'm sorry! I didn't think you had it in you.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
THIS IS A FIGHT NOW!! eXbot says thank you Sony, I'll be buying your console soon. I loved my 360 to pieces, and hated my PS3 for all of the four months I had it. But goddammit Microsoft, you worked your ass off to lose me as a customer. ME, who's paid my Xbox live fees for the last five+ years, and who would have happily kept paying them and growing my Gamerscore, with your bullsh!t! Well congrats and good riddance, Snitchbox. Hello, Playstation Nation. I've missed you guys.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
I'm indifferent, as much as I like Sony, why the hell should I pay extra to play online? The social features are great if they are free of charge but why should I be forced to pay for something that I wouldn't be using? Free online play was one of the reason why I picked the ps3 over 360 even when it's more expensive. This is just super lame.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El_Zo1212o
I'm indifferent, as much as I like Sony, why the hell should I pay extra to play online? The social features are great if they are free of charge but why should I be forced to pay for something that I wouldn't be using? Free online play was one of the reason why I picked the ps3 over 360 even when it's more expensive. This is just super lame. hoplayletsplay
Losing free stuff sucks, man. But losing the used game market would've been so much worse for any number of reasons.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts
I'm indifferent, as much as I like Sony, why the hell should I pay extra to play online? The social features are great if they are free of charge but why should I be forced to pay for something that I wouldn't be using? Free online play was one of the reason why I picked the ps3 over 360 even when it's more expensive. This is just super lame. hoplayletsplay
At this point, I'm just grateful for what they're doing. I'll GLADLY pay to play online (on $5 a month) if it means I can still buy used and can play with no restrictions. Plus, PS+ gives you free games. Sony has done great by me today. I loved my 360 and preferred it this gen, but it's all Sony from here on out.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hoplayletsplay
Losing free stuff sucks, man. But losing the used game market would've been so much worse for any number of reasons.El_Zo1212o
Why should I be concerned about the used game market in the first place? The fact that there is even a disscussion of the DRM policy is ridiculous. Just because MS is more evil, doesn't mean that I should celebrate Sony being less evil. The reason they are able the charge online fee is because A) people are misinformed about the operational cost of online infustructure, B) dedicatd gamers have so little options of consoles to choose from. Consider this, if a third console with similar hardware as the PS4 but it only comes basic online features without charging you extra, would you have gotton it? I know I would. Once again, not everyone plays online 7 days a week. I only played online for like 5 days in the past month.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hoplayletsplay
At this point, I'm just grateful for what they're doing. I'll GLADLY pay to play online (on $5 a month) if it means I can still buy used and can play with no restrictions. Plus, PS+ gives you free games. Sony has done great by me today. I loved my 360 and preferred it this gen, but it's all Sony from here on out. MirkoS77
Please don't be greatful for Sony. Let me point out that they are taking things away from you, just less compare to its only competition.
Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts
With all the Cons pouring over the XBox One, I'd gladly pay $5 for PSN Plus. For Xbox Live, youre paying JUST to go online. For PSN, you get additional features: Cloud automatic patching and updates free game monthly etc, etc.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]At this point, I'm just grateful for what they're doing. I'll GLADLY pay to play online (on $5 a month) if it means I can still buy used and can play with no restrictions. Plus, PS+ gives you free games. Sony has done great by me today. I loved my 360 and preferred it this gen, but it's all Sony from here on out. hoplayletsplay
Please don't be greatful for Sony. Let me point out that they are taking things away from you, just less compare to its only competition.

I'm very, very grateful to Sony.  They could've done exactly what MS did, yet they chose the higher road.  They stood up for the consumer.  Look on the negative side and ignore what they did for your consumer rights if you want, but they deserve credit even though they did this paywall.  I thought it'd be much worse.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Losing free stuff sucks, man. But losing the used game market would've been so much worse for any number of reasons.hoplayletsplay
Why should I be concerned about the used game market in the first place? The fact that there is even a disscussion of the DRM policy is ridiculous. Just because MS is more evil, doesn't mean that I should celebrate Sony being less evil. The reason they are able the charge online fee is because A) people are misinformed about the operational cost of online infustructure, B) dedicatd gamers have so little options of consoles to choose from. Consider this, if a third console with similar hardware as the PS4 but it only comes basic online features without charging you extra, would you have gotton it? I know I would. Once again, not everyone plays online 7 days a week. I only played online for like 5 days in the past month.

You like playing videogames? Do you like not being spied on? Do you like owning the things you spend your money on? If you like these things, you should be prancing around the room hailing Sony as I've been for the last three hours. Are you telling me you haven't been expecting this since Xbox Live hit 10 million paid subscribers? Sony looked at the situation and said "Xbox got paid for this, but the gamers are calling for blood over that. So why not take up the thing that makes the money and not take up the thing that's causing all those other people to jump ship." If Sony had also locked up used games, I would have settled with Nintendo and waited for the end of gaming as we know it. And I doubt I would have been in the minority. My rights are more important to me than videogames or your pocket change.
enjoy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enjoy07
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts

I don't really mind paying $5 a month to play online if it means I get free games to go with it. I am a PS+ subscriber now while it's an optional thing, and I love it. I don't really see how they are screwing us over.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Yeah well I didn't mind it with Xbox Live either, but that's how the hell we ended up here today with the X1. "It's only $5".

It's like they used MS's draconian policies against them to go ahead and add that knowing fans would gladly accept it since the other guy's shit stinks more.

Still left me with a freaking bitter taste in my mouth. Still doesn't make me feel like Sony is a full supporter of being open.

How the hell can I possibly justify paying these companies for a service that we all know is free? I can go download Kaillera and play P2P with a 30ms ping for FREE. It costs nothing and is so simple. For a matchmaking service? That should be a standard free feature of any console manufacturer in 2013. Instead they're both doing this now.

This is how this shit got started on Xbox.

It's like I can't fully embrace Sony either. And I'm not so stupid this time to trust them enough that it won't happen again. The only thing I can get on board with is with it being way better and nowhere near as bad with a cheaper entry price.

SMH.

Anyone else feels like you can't even enjoy the games because of all this?

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PandaTrueno86
Member since 2009 • 1611 Posts

It took me a while to decide if I wanted PS+, I don't mind paying 5 bucks a month. Plus free games to download. Some of them are even good. A fair trade-off I think.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 El_Zo1212o

Yeah well I didn't mind it with Xbox Live either, but that's how the hell we ended up here today with the X1. "It's only $5".

It's like they used MS's draconian policies against them to go ahead and add that knowing fans would gladly accept it since the other guy's shit stinks more.

Still left me with a freaking bitter taste in my mouth. Still doesn't make me feel like Sony is a full supporter of being open.

How the hell can I possibly justify paying these companies for a service that we all know is free? I can go download Kaillera and play P2P with a 30ms ping for FREE. It costs nothing and is so simple. For a matchmaking service? That should be a standard free feature of any console manufacturer in 2013. Instead they're both doing this now.

This is how this shit got started on Xbox.

It's like I can't fully embrace Sony either. And I'm not so stupid this time to trust them enough that it won't happen again. The only thing I can get on board with is with it being way better and nowhere near as bad with a cheaper entry price.

SMH.

Anyone else feels like you can't even enjoy the games because of all this?

alexwatchtower
It's true the world didn't stand up and call shenanigans on the pay online scheme, but I think there is a mass of people out there who refuse to have their used games co opted, and who'll beat MS down for it. If it goes as badly for MS as I think it will, this question of used games ought to be dead for good.
alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

It took me a while to decide if I wanted PS+, I don't mind paying 5 bucks a month. Plus free games to download. Some of them are even good. A fair trade-off I think.

PandaTrueno86

See? This is exactly what I said. This is exactly what every Xbox fan said. This is how they get us. This.

Ok that's fine. They can have a service that's $5 a month that includes other things. But why the ability to play online??? Why does that part have to be tied to that service? Can't they offer a free, basic service that lets you play your games online, and then if they really have something valuable, charge you $5 a month for it as an addition?

It's the same shit. Same start! Paying to have one of our freedoms stripped from us under the pretense of a good offer. That's truly sick if you think about it!

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hoplayletsplay

hoplayletsplay is selfish

Sony is greedy

Pick one, or why not have both? I know too well that offering me basic online features cost Sony nothing at all. To many gamers, PS4's premium online features are worth easily more than the $50 they pay each year. But for some gamers (e.g. me), what Sony is offering is only worth about $50 because we don't spend so much time online, let alone using those extra features. On PS3, I'll be able to enjoy those $50 worth of entertainment every now and then, but I won't be better off pay $50 annually for PS4 since it's an amount equal to what it's worth to me.

What's so difficult about keeping the fundamental online gameplay free of charge? Certainly no more than doing so for the PS3. So why can't they offer multiple solution to their online infrastructure? Surely Sony is earning more profit this way but they directly taking the benefits from gamers; not just the one can't play online because they aren't willing to pay but also the one who'd pay to play online. You're delusional (not a fact, just my opinion) if you think Sony couldn't offer online play for free while keeping the balance in check. And all of this wouldn't happen in the first place if those xbox users refuse to pay for XBL. Please stop saying okay to everything.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Sony's PS4 is currently #1 in video games on Amazon.com. Looks like they are definitely beating Microsoft out of the gate. And for people complaining about paying for multiplayer, that is serious revenue for Sony. It allows them to put more money towards paying developers and supplementing the cost of their undercut prices on their console. Not to mention, unlike microsoft, Sony allows you to use media content and other online features without paying the extra fee which is nice.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#17 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I love PSN + on the PS3, it's worth paying for. MS gold service was an insult, + is not. Sony hit the ball out the park. Pre-ordered my PS4. An E3 hasn't had me this hyped for years.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#18 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I'm not thrilled about either console really. MS has just lost their way sooner than Sony one day will, the integration of all this social bs into the consoles is beyond ridiculous. The PS4's main selling points, from reading all the articles and even the way they're titled, are nothing more than Sony saying 'PS4 doesn't do what Xbox One does, so buy ours and not theirs.' 

I hate the fact that it's all about how the systems directly compete with one another. I understand that most games are multi-plat anyway and the video games will come with the territory, but the focus is all wrong. Both companies want to sell consoles, everything else is secondary. That sucks.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Sony DESTROYED Microsoft. It wasn't even a contest.
Al-Manyouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Al-Manyouk
Member since 2013 • 99 Posts

Imagine you have an MMORPG like WoW (hypothetically), first you have to pay $60 to buy the game. But you still can't play the game you already bought with your hard earned money, because you have to start paying a monthly subscription fee to Blizzard as well. And after you start paying the subcription fees to Blizzard, YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY THE GAME WHICH YOU BOUGHT AND WHICH YOU ARE PAYING SUBCRIPTION FEES FOR, BECASUE YOU NOW ALSO HAVE TO PAY SUBSCRIPTION FEES TO THE COMPANY WHO MADE THE CONSOLE YOU'RE PLAYING ON.

And people are to blame for this. It is the gamers' fault. I kept seeing everywhere, when the PS3 let you play the games you already bought online for free and XBox 360 charged you for your right, everyone was going "Oh who cares if XBox charges you for online gameplay, I don't mind as long as their service is decent. PlayStation's service sucks, that's why their online service is free!". And Sony was completely shocked and traumatized by the fact that most people loved the XBox subcription fees while they hated the PS, and the billions just kept rolling into Microsoft's greedy pockets.

Well that's what you get for never complaining.

CoquiNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CoquiNegro
Member since 2013 • 171 Posts
It does stink, but sony has no other choice. Microsoft is getting away with charging 15 a month for people to play online and they are becoming quite rich because of it. Sony essentially gains nothing, except for those who pay for plus and that's a minority. It was inevitable.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o

Imagine you have an MMORPG like WoW (hypothetically), first you have to pay $60 to buy the game. But you still can't play the game you already bought with your hard earned money, because you have to start paying a monthly subscription fee to Blizzard as well. And after you start paying the subcription fees to Blizzard, YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY THE GAME WHICH YOU BOUGHT AND WHICH YOU ARE PAYING SUBCRIPTION FEES FOR, BECASUE YOU NOW ALSO HAVE TO PAY SUBSCRIPTION FEES TO THE COMPANY WHO MADE THE CONSOLE YOU'RE PLAYING ON.

And people are to blame for this. It is the gamers' fault. I kept seeing everywhere, when the PS3 let you play the games you already bought online for free and XBox 360 charged you for your right, everyone was going "Oh who cares if XBox charges you for online gameplay, I don't mind as long as their service is decent. PlayStation's service sucks, that's why their online service is free!". And Sony was completely shocked and traumatized by the fact that most people loved the XBox subcription fees while they hated the PS, and the billions just kept rolling into Microsoft's greedy pockets.

Well that's what you get for never complaining.

Al-Manyouk
...?