Sonic Mania was one of the favorite game......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chirubhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Chirubhai
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Nintendo Switch is a console for SOYBOYS.

Either case downgraded pixel gaming is not my style, all it reminds me of is when consoles was limited. I prefer modern type of games if i am gonna get new games, if i wanted to play old games i'd just do that play old games. Rather get Sonic Forces over this. Innovation rather than to please some old sad people who just seems to bash anything new outside pixel game graphics. If you must play old Sonic games though i recommend Xbox, it was fun to play Sonic 1,2 and 3 on it. In either case skip this game and buy a new better one

If you have to get 2D ones, atleast get good ones such as Oddworld New n Tasty or Donkey Kong Country Returns.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ShowBoxMobdroVidMate

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Cool story bro!

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

I was really looking forward to Forces. Sonic Colours and Generations were really good Sonic games but Forces was a massive let down. Bad physics, too much automation and far too short levels.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

It's a style choice to when the series was at its best, regardless of what Bubsy Furries with bad taste in games believe. After Sonic the Hedgehogs terrible 3D history, Mania was the game the hog needed to be relevant and be given a second chance (not that SEGA didn't try with Generations and 4), but this time Sonic Team was removed and IP handed to a talented/ passionate and competent team.

Before Mania I was personally in the camp of kill the IP and double down on NIGHTS or bring back Alex. As Sonic was no longer a franchise well received or a selling point for SEGA_

Sonic Mania is a great game, had a lot of fun. However it has less to do than Sonic and Knuckles, and Bonus Stages for longevity was pretty lame. Special Stages are just way better. The Bonus Stages start as a nice trip down memory-lane but also one of the worse mini games in the 2D series. For the longest time was considering getting the Plus upgrade, then I bailed and bought something else.

Oddworld New n Tasty is basically a Point n' Click game, that could be the most stupid comparison I've read in sometime_

And yeah, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is a fantastic 2D Platformer (puts most Mario games to shame) and think it tropes Mania, not it's not a masterpiece due to artstyle, but execution.

Regardless Mania was still a really fun and well designed game, I look forward to Christian Whiteheads next project. I however hope projects like Sonic Forces drop dead and die.

Nintendo Switch is a console for SOYBOYS.

Someone else use to write "soyboys" around here. I smell an Alt.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Is it bad I liked Sonic Unleashed? lol

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

@speeny: Never played it, the werewolf one right?

From the ones I've played, just seems quality from the games at Sonic Team have dropped substantially over the years, and the only decent 3D game I've played by the developer is Nights into Dreams.

I always assumed it's because Sonic the Hedgehog was designed for 2D and poorly translated into 3D gameplay. Sonic Team also seem pretty stubborn and willing to publish half made games.

Just looking up the Sonic Unleashed you like; is split into two games, one being the 3D on-rails Sonic the Hedgehog, and the other is very God of War. God of War is pretty fun, so I can see those sections being enjoyable. Though you'd have to tell me how it holds up to something like GoWII/ III?

Nights however was built for 3D from the ground-up and played great, no split gameplay, it's designed with a focus and fun factor of replayability, sadly scrapped almost entirely only returning for a low-budget and poorly made sequel. Heavily due to sales, Sonic fans I have to believe buy for the image and not the quality of game, and even then Sonic the Hedgehog games have not made a good profit since original Adventure (excluding mobile and Olympic Games) Sega makes much its profit this decade from Atlas and Vocaloids.

The PS2 remake of Nights is incredible and best way to play that game. And I do believe it's in the Sonic IPs best interest to leave it with Christian Whiteheads team.