Sonic and the Black Knight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sunamaru
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

Everytime I see this game there is always someone complaing about Sonic having a sword,I don't see whats so wrong with that . It looks cool to me running really fash and slicing things up at the same time. Poeple complain to much when they see sonic they want him to be plain and boring.

So what so bad about Sonic having a sword

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Nostalgia gets the best of some people. Sonic & The Secret rings was a solid A title, so I expect around the same for this one. Can't wait!
Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts
Nostalgia gets the best of some people. Sonic & The Secret rings was a solid A title, so I expect around the same for this one. Can't wait!BioShockOwnz
I don't think it's nostalgia as much as the fact that it seems so out of place; imagine a Mario game where he's in a medieval setting swinging around a sword. Yeah...
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

Your avatar says apologist, but your post reads "Dave Halverson".

So which is it?

Also, Sonic was bad enough when it was trying to be: a decent 3D platformer (Adventure 2); a decent 3D platformer with a dash of complexity, implemented fruitlessly (Heroes); a decent, edgy 3D platformer with lots of GUNS and VIOLENCE and GUNS (Shadow); a decent 3D platformer, take two (Sonic the Hedgehog); and one-half God of War rip-off (Unleashed). Now we have shades of Zelda and who-the-hell-knows what, so I doubt that this will be any better. In fact, according to my estimation, this is inevitably going to be worse, from a purely objective standpoint.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
Because shadow the hedgehog was given guns and that game was terrible. Giving sonic a sword isn't much better. Plus team sonic tends to butcher their games when trying to add new elements. The sonic sections of unleashed were an improvement, a step in the right direction, hopefully a whole game like that will be next.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but having Sonic in the game is what tips everybody off that it will be bad, not the sword, though that doesn't help. Sega fooled me too many times before for me to get excited about anything they put out that has to do with Sonic.
Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sunamaru
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"]

Your avatar says apologist, but your post reads "Dave Halverson".

So which is it?

Also, Sonic was bad enough when it was trying to be: a decent 3D platformer (Adventure 2); a decent 3D platformer with a dash of complexity, implemented fruitlessly (Heroes); a decent, edgy 3D platformer with lots of GUNS and VIOLENCE and GUNS (Shadow); a decent 3D platformer, take two (Sonic the Hedgehog); and one-half God of War rip-off (Unleashed). Now we have shades of Zelda and who-the-hell-knows what, so I doubt that this will be any better. In fact, according to my estimation, this is inevitably going to be worse, from a purely objective standpoint.

too people saying it looks out of place it's because this is part of the spin-off series call the storybook series and he is in king arthers book this is the follow up from SatSR whitch was good... plus Marito with a sword woulden't be so bad and how can you say it will be worst when you know nothing about the game. just because sonic has a sword it's like zelda now? theres plenty of poeple who have had a sword before zelda
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
I actually don't see a downside, I think it would be awesome. :)
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Greatgone12

too people saying it looks out of place it's because this is part of the spin-off series call the storybook series and he is in king arthers book this is the follow up from SatSR whitch was good... plus Marito with a sword woulden't be so bad and how can you say it will be worst when you know nothing about the game. just because sonic has a sword it's like zelda now? theres plenty of poeple who have had a sword before zeldaSunamaru
You're right. It probably isn't like Zelda. It probably is Zelda.

Sonic Team's creative talents are all dead or have left the company for greener pastures, I'm assuming. I have evidence to back this up, whereas you have Sonic with a sword.

Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sunamaru

[QUOTE="Sunamaru"] too people saying it looks out of place it's because this is part of the spin-off series call the storybook series and he is in king arthers book this is the follow up from SatSR whitch was good... plus Marito with a sword woulden't be so bad and how can you say it will be worst when you know nothing about the game. just because sonic has a sword it's like zelda now? theres plenty of poeple who have had a sword before zeldaGreatgone12

You're right. It probably isn't like Zelda. It probably is Zelda.

Sonic Team's creative talents are all dead or have left the company for greener pastures, I'm assuming. I have evidence to back this up, whereas you have Sonic with a sword.

You people see Sonic with a sword and yell Zelda, it makes no since, Zelda was not the first thing to have a sword in it
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Sunamaru"] You people see Sonic with a sword and yell Zelda, it makes no since, Zelda was not the first thing to have a sword in it

Listen: It is to my understanding that you are a big Sonic fan (as evidenced by your gamercard), and that you are willing to defend Sonic to the ends of the earth, no matter how irrational a notion it may be. I can almost respect that. HOWEVER, as long as you are irritated by my comparison of Sonic and Zelda, I will continue to compare the two franchises. Just so that's clear.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Because it's clear that anyone with any talent left Sonic Team long ago.
Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sunamaru
[QUOTE="Sunamaru"] You people see Sonic with a sword and yell Zelda, it makes no since, Zelda was not the first thing to have a sword in itGreatgone12
Listen: It is to my understanding that you are a big Sonic fan (as evidenced by your gamercard), and that you are willing to defend Sonic to the ends of the earth, no matter how irrational a notion it may be. I can almost respect that. HOWEVER, as long as you are irritated by my comparison of Sonic and Zelda, I will continue to compare the two franchises. Just so that's clear.

I'm not really irritated,its that it just makes no since the is nothing wrong with Sonic with a sword, its cool to run around fast with sharp objects
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AtomicTangerine

[QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="Sunamaru"] You people see Sonic with a sword and yell Zelda, it makes no since, Zelda was not the first thing to have a sword in itSunamaru

I'm not really irritated,its that it just makes no since the is nothing wrong with Sonic with a sword, its cool to run around fast with sharp objects

See, that's the part that makes it almost a fact this game won't be good. I love stabbing stuff in video games, but I haven't liked Sonic being on my TV since he stopped being on the Dreamcast...

Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sunamaru

[QUOTE="Sunamaru"][QUOTE="Greatgone12"]Listen: It is to my understanding that you are a big Sonic fan (as evidenced by your gamercard), and that you are willing to defend Sonic to the ends of the earth, no matter how irrational a notion it may be. I can almost respect that. HOWEVER, as long as you are irritated by my comparison of Sonic and Zelda, I will continue to compare the two franchises. Just so that's clear.AtomicTangerine

See, that's the part that makes it almost a fact this game won't be good. I love stabbing stuff in video games, but I haven't liked Sonic being on my TV since he stopped being on the Dreamcast...

Why haven't you liked him on your TV ?
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
It's the follow-up to Sonic and the Secret Rings, which was a decent title. It uses the same control scheme as Sonic Unleashed on the Wii, which had great controls. It's going to have the same sort of tight, linear platforming that Secret Rings had. It should be a pretty good game.
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AtomicTangerine
[QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]

[QUOTE="Sunamaru"] I'm not really irritated,its that it just makes no since the is nothing wrong with Sonic with a sword, its cool to run around fast with sharp objectsSunamaru

Why haven't you liked him on your TV ?

Do I really have to elaborate on this? None of the other games he was in were worth playing. The. only exception was Super Smash Bros. but in that he was just one of 35. Basically, Sonic has been irrelevant since about 2003, and 7 years is a very long time when it comes to video games.

Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sunamaru

Do I really have to elaborate on this? None of the other games he was in were worth playing. The. only exception was Super Smash Bros. but in that he was just one of 35. Basically, Sonic has been irrelevant since about 2003, and 7 years is a very long time when it comes to video games.

AtomicTangerine
What about Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and the Rush titles?
Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
I have basically given up on 3-D sonics but i will keep my eyes on sonic. I won't turn my back on him.....yet.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Greatgone12
What about Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and the Rush titles?Sunamaru
Sonic Unleashed is absolutely boring. The original Sonic games actually required some participation from the player. In Unleashed, participation is forced due to random quick-time events that you are never ready for, not to mention they're absolutely unnecessary, and then there are the Werehog levels that require no explanation. Sonic and the Secret Rings was supposed to be decent, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Sonic Rush games are even worse than Sonic Unleashed, because not only do they require absolutely no participation from the player, but they're not pretty, which means that looking at them becomes a matter of whether or not you can stand ugly DS 3D graphics for extended periods of time.
Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sunamaru
[QUOTE="Sunamaru"] What about Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and the Rush titles?Greatgone12
Sonic Unleashed is absolutely boring. The original Sonic games actually required some participation from the player. In Unleashed, participation is forced due to random quick-time events that you are never ready for, not to mention they're absolutely unnecessary, and then there are the Werehog levels that require no explanation. Sonic and the Secret Rings was supposed to be decent, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Sonic Rush games are even worse than Sonic Unleashed, because not only do they require absolutely no participation from the player, but they're not pretty, which means that looking at them becomes a matter of whether or not you can stand ugly DS 3D graphics for extended periods of time.

Sonic Unleashed boring? Have you acually played the game or just watch some movies? You are in complete control of the Sonic and its only like 2 qte per sonic level there are plenty of other games that use qtes and dosen't get criticized like Sonic,and the werehog levels are not really all that bad there are some cool combos, and some nice moments Sonic Rush also is a game that infact does need player participation,but I know what you mean about DS 3D it is ugly
Sunamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sunamaru
I have basically given up on 3-D sonics but i will keep my eyes on sonic. I won't turn my back on him.....yet.Avistann
then you should play Sonic Unleashed it's a pretty good game, and step in the right direction. Hopefully the next cannon Sonic will just be Unleashed's Sonic levels Sonic and the Black Knight is like Unleashed's Sonic levels with a sword.
TrinityCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#23 TrinityCat
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I think it'll be pretty cool :D
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
I still pick up the Sonic games. As with any series they have their ups and downs.
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts

Sonic Unleashed was god-awful; even worse than Sonic 2006.

Sonic and the Black Knight? The premise already is a joke. 3D Sonic games need to cease being.