Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Flyin3lvl
Member since 2013 • 2826 Posts

no way markers on route having to glance at mini map , the crew had that issue sussed and i like that version a lot wish many copy

fast travel to races if its there i cant find and some times when getting busted and have to race back to start was tedious

during races i see a marker a single arrow point , for instance left , but in fact its a right turn ...i havn't noticed that in any other racers ?! (or in any other need for speeds) or maybe these are to dominate for the eye i think left turn and wrong

on a few corners one race in particular you can see in background arrows pointing but in foreground the arrows pointing i cant explain this excatly but you get this blend of black and yellows arrows contracting the actual turn

night time markers blend a bit to much into the background

""chop chase"" flashes in your face and distracting from the race and on occasion the missed marker

cops stick to you like glue

i lost much money during night that progression is mainly kept to day

and that R2 .... there is no throttle control just straight and drift thats its ...go straight or drift when you dont want

ai seemed a little to aggressive got bumped out few times

getting chased raced back to safe house ""end chase to enter"" but those cops

and i hate that system- ""get busted and lose money / progress / rep ""

im confidant if i gave it time the progression will show better results but i cant get round that R2, city feels claustrophobic at night and no sense on the way markers to get through the races

and cant progress so fast when lose to cops ...... and did it really need a story?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8806 Posts

It's an Electronic Arts game, feeling "off" is natural.

I sunk roughly ten hours into Apex Legends early in the year, spent nothing, and still felt uncomfortable playing it. Despite Respawn being the only good coming from that company.

My point being is, EA have a certain pattern how they handle longevity. So being uncertain about things while playing a game under them is the norm.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39449 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is really and I mean really good. Respawn did an amazing job and haven't play a good Star Wars SP game in a very long time. Gotta give EA some credit on this one, didn't try to BS with anything other then published the game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is really and I mean really good. Respawn did an amazing job and haven't play a good Star Wars SP game in a very long time. Gotta give EA some credit on this one, didn't try to BS with anything other then published the game.

I think "good" is the perfect word to describe your game from what I've read.

Fallen Order takes inspiration from three popular templates in gaming, and while doesn't do any as amazing as its contemporaries. To Star War/ EA fans especially that put up with a lot of garbage, Respawn/ Stigs project seem to comes across as something very special. That could pave the way for change_

I think if someone is really into Star War or wants EA to respect loyal-customers money and time this is the game to support, don't wait for a sale, GP. Buy it right now! It's the only way Electronic Arts will get the message, see it as a put up or shut up situation!

Based on what I've read Fallen Order is a budget game, it's testing if people really want this from EA. They want big numbers. If Fallen Order doesn't hit or surpass Battlefront II? They'll likely see that as a compromise of business and go back to 'surprise mechanics'.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5281 Posts

@davillain- said:

I've been hard on the game. The graphics still piss me off and the character model of the lead is crazy but as I look at the whole, I decided to play it again after it is defeated or at least do much more exploring before I defeat the game.

What I do want to explore is the downed Empire ship that requires the double jump to enter.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39449 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I'm a Star Wars fan, but the game itself is really awesome but I wasn't a fan of Battlefront 2 and I didn't care for the MP for that matter. I like the mix with Dark Souls, Sekiro, and Metroid elements into the game. At least it's getting good word of mouth across the media and that's a good thing.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: While see your take. Sekiro involves agility, retreat tactics, and stealth. Three components I don't think Fallen Order really offers in the combat.

Agree with your overall sentiments anyway. It's not my kind of game at all, yet bought a copy for someone with the holidays in mind, who is a Star War fan. It's not for me. I tend to find faults in EA products (minus Apex Legends), however I want that mold to change and improve.

Support Respawn. Support quality.

dude_sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dude_sh
Member since 2019 • 26 Posts

i played fallen order 3 hours by now, and its really boring and tediuos, and i dont really like that "souls" combat mechanic. does it get better?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ

@dude_sh said:

i played fallen order 3 hours by now, and its really boring and tediuos, and i dont really like that "souls" combat mechanic. does it get better?

Dark Souls doesn't have a double jump though.

I would say if the combat is "boring and tedious" that is because EA/ Respawn are not exactly masters of that craft.

Buying Fallen Order is supporting a serviceable licenced game, over the usual bad ones. I think anyone going in expecting a masterpiece will be disappointed.