Someone made Fallout in Dreams (and its amazing)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

Me just lazying around watching youtube and saw this video. Its amazing what people can create in dreams and more people join the community and the creative ability grows. Will be amazing what people could achieve with the tools later in dream lifecycle.

Played around with a mario 64 stage and its as bad as the N64 game I remember. The possibilities is endless!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

To each their own but I’d just much rather play the actual games that these creations are trying to ape.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

@Archangel3371: it will never replace a $100m production but what has the community build is pretty amazing. For now many of the stages were recreation of existing games but the community is learning and will certainly gets better and more originality moving forward (I hope).

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11663 Posts

Love Media Molecule, Tearaway and the first two LBP games are simply amazing. My profile picture was made in Little Big Planet.

Have a copy of Dreams, and no intent to play it just yet. Dipped into the Early Access for coop creating and playing; and wasn't impressed honestly. And only heard very concerning things since from friends who I played LBP with for years.

Is it Sumo Digitals LBP3 layers of bad? Absolutely not, however it lacks a sense of direction. And everything made has this weird tube-man vibe to how it looks, and controls_

Not going to fight for Dreams, it's an ambitious project that didn't balance all the essentials. Only supported this so hopefully Mm can move onto something better, they're very talented and original. Something lacking in this industry honestly.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

Yeah that is amazing!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34547 Posts

It's pretty cool that that's possible, but I hope not many people waste their time trying to recreate other games. I don't get why you'd waste so much time recreating something, let alone recreate something that wont turn out good in the end. Looking at this Fallout recreation, it just looks like a really shitty game. Like.. a truly shit game. It's impressive someone could make this in Dreams, I suppose, but.. it looks shit. I'd never waste my time playing that, let alone try to make something like that.

Hopefully most people create something original rather than this crap. And hopefully people will be able to make games that aren't more or less shit.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Wow, I didn't realize this was even out. I was always amazed by what people managed to make in LBP, but the online was so sluggish and riddled with loading times that it ruined the fun after a while. So I hope this game doesn't have similar issues. Anyway, this looks really cool. I can't even begin to comprehend how people manage to make levels like these, but I can't wait to play them!

PladeMesser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 PladeMesser
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Very nice! always loved Fallout

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Lol. Yeah people do crazy things.

Like how every time a new Elder Scrolls comes out you get a bunch of teams trying to recreate the older games in the new engine.

To be fair I'm way more interested in projects like that than anything made on the Dreams platform.