So, what's that one part you dislike in a game that you enjoy playing from time to time?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38581 Posts

Name that one part in a game you like that you dread when you know it's coming.

• Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Entire child part pretty much due to how you are limited but at least this was correct in Majora's Mask.
  • Mass Effect 3 - Original ending.
  • Dark Souls - Catacombs, Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith.
  • Batman Arkham Knight - The Batmobile/Riddler rooms.
  • Banjo-Kazooie - Clanker's Cavern level.
  • Spider-Man PS4 - All of the Mary Jane and Miles parts involving stealth section.
  • Halo 2 - Playing as the Arbiter wasn't the best part of the game.
Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2327 Posts
Loading Video...

Goof once and things get tricky.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1145 Posts

Theres quite a few of these I realize...

I'm thinking of Suikoden for some reason ... really like the franchise and the games but one and two had a few weird issues...

In the first one I I didn't like a few of the dungeons really like the whole one where you go down in a giant tower thing... pretty intense actually but I don't know perhaps not my favorite.

The second game had a few things like I never enjoyed Lcua Blight's battle despite how epic it was because it was also sorta imba and I thought I would just get jobbed by one thing or another.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8652 Posts

One that comes to mind is anything involving scoutflies in Monster Hunter: World (pre camera patch was even worse) I just don't like them.

Older Hunters like myself didn't exactly see paintballs as a flawed system. . .

Also sucks that by default your hunter prefers to pick up tracks off a monster over anything that's actually of value.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 610 Posts

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen: Chosen warriors spawned too often and if you wait too long to track them down, they will sabotage your ship and kidnap some of your soldiers. They also learn skills much faster than your soldiers and worst of all, you need high level soldiers and hero units(Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars) to track them down. At this point most of your high-ranking soldiers are dead or injured.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3213 Posts

GTAV scouting the port mission it's painfully boring

Loading Video...

Sleeping Dogs, Bride to be mission.

Loading Video...

Max Payne Blood maze

Loading Video...

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2065 Posts

Great question but really the only thing that comes to my mind right now is Destiny Islands in the original Kingdom Hearts. Fetching the items for Kairi was always tedious, but the build up for what is to come was nice.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 heljar
Member since 2016 • 144 Posts

Batman Arkham Knight - the tank battles. I actually enjoyed the riddler rooms. But I dread every time I play and have to fight off 30+ tanks when I disarm bombs.

Jak 2 - The moving turret mission. I started replaying it a while back and had to give up. It must have been pure luck last time I played it. Awful level in an otherwise great game.

Arkham Origins Blackgate - I dread every time I know I have to fight Catwoman at the end. Still haven't won.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 pook99
Member since 2014 • 890 Posts

Mega Man 2, Wilys caslte there is a boss that can only be hurt by the crash bombs and there are walls that can only be destroyed by crash bombs(that stay dead after you lose a life)

I just despise that boss, it comes down to me killing all the walls, killing myself, grinding to refill my weapon energy, then fighting the boss again. It is such a blemish on what is otherwise a complete masterpiece

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 2561 Posts

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (The Water Temple. I cringe at the thought of it)

- Persona 5 (Okamura's Palace. I wanted to beat it on my own so bad but I had to give in and use a guide)

- Persona 3 (Tartarus. All of it)

- Final Fantasy VIII (The part when you have to fight all of those aliens to gain control of the Ragnarok)

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 396 Posts

Starbound: The scan quests could be completely replaced by more interesting missions to achieve the same thing.

Phantasy Star Online: The mines. Slow enemies, annoying quests.

Wasteland 2: Rail Nomad Camp. Man does this section drag on and on.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money. Just, all of it.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts
  • Spiderman PS4- The QTE events. But, I'm just not a fan of those.
  • Stardew Valley- Having to restart my farm every time it updates and I'm forced to update the mods I have.
  • V:TM Bloodlines- The mission where you end the plague.
  • Subnautica- The entire opening bit. I'm putting that game away for awhile.
Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3633 Posts

I love Theme Hospital and Two Point Hospital. But one thing about both those games that just blows is each time you start a brand new hospital, you have to rebuild all your rooms. So you spend hours making the same rooms you made in the previous hospitals. Its not like you are gonna make a GP's office any different from hospital 1 to hospital 2, but yet they want you to rebuild it and waste your time each level.

At least Two Point does have an option to copy and paste current rooms in a hospital you are playing in, but the problem is you can't save a template to use in a new hospital, so you can only copy and paste built rooms for the current hospital you are playing to be used in that hospital.

Its an obvious boring point in the game having to rebuild the same rooms over and over each time... it was a problem in Theme Hospital, no idea why they would repeat that mistake in Two Point.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6227 Posts

Persona 3: FES - I actually hated The Answer

Suikoden 1 to 4 - War mode. Never liked the mechanics of any 4 games, No 5 finally make this minigame entertaining.

Fallout 3 & New Vegas - not leveling speech enough to talk my way out. Always forgot about speech skills each playtrough

Caesar 3 (and every game like it) - never really mastered how the patrol limit works. Ends up making police/fire station every 5 block or so to make sure my buildings dont catch fire.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 heljar

@valgaav_219: I hear a lot of people complain about the water temple. Seems I am the only one who enjoys it. It was challenging and fun to figure out the different water levels. Why do so many people hate it?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38581 Posts

@heljar said:

@valgaav_219: I hear a lot of people complain about the water temple. Seems I am the only one who enjoys it. It was challenging and fun to figure out the different water levels. Why do so many people hate it?

I wouldn't call it hard, but I would say it's frustrating and annoying especially when not playing the 3DS version compare to N64 Water Temple. The quality of life changes in the 3DS like showing which doors lead to the areas for specific water levels, not having to pause and un-pause every 2 seconds to put on or take off the Iron Boots, brightening it up a bit so that you can see that wall to bomb all reduce the frustrations of the Water Temple. Another problems with it is that the water switches doesn't really tell which level you put the water too. The biggest one is that you have to change between your iron boots all the time. Which is really tedious to me, and apparently a lot of other people.

Took me forever to beat it when Ocarina of Time came out on N64. I was pretty annoyed with myself when I found the key I missed under the platform. After that however, it was always a cake walk and I enjoyed it.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 2561 Posts

@heljar said:

For the most part Ocarina of Time is a pretty simple, straightforward game that doesn't really offer much challenge as far as combat or the mostly simple puzzles in the temples. When you get to The Water Temple it almost feels like you're in a whole different game.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Raining51

fChrono Trigger the Milennial Fair...

I think the game is pretty disengenuous... you are promised all this openness and your going to puzzle things out and then you just get like framed for being a thief and stuff when you don't know it and the game ends up being really linear.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Raining51

fChrono Trigger the Milennial Fair...

I think the game is pretty disengenuous... you are promised all this openness and your going to puzzle things out and then you just get like framed for being a thief and stuff when you don't know it and the game ends up being really linear.

I think Earthbound was always the better SNES JRPG because it was more genuine and just kinda enjoyable and silly.

CT had better music at times I guess... well I don't really think so actually Earthbound had great music it was just more set to the mood of the game.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14567 Posts

The Last Of Us: the hotel basement. Dread it whenever I play it.

Resident Evil 4: Regenerators. I hate, hate, HATE this part. The fact you have to target specific parts on them under pressure while they slowly approach with their creepy ass breathing and music just freaks me out. Ugh. I despise this segment so much I generally always play New Game+ and bring along the tommy gun solely so I can mow them quickly down and get through it ASAP.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 heljar

@davillain-: @valgaav_219:

I played it once on DS, I've played it a couple of times on N64, then I got it with the GameCube version of WindWaker and played MasterQuest a few times. I thought the Water Temple was a fun challenge. Didn't annoy me even a little bit.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Speeny
@valgaav_219 said:

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (The Water Temple. I cringe at the thought of it)

Surprisingly I did not find the Water Temple all that bad. I played the game for the first time on the 3DS though, so whether they changed something idk.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Speeny
@heljar said:

That reminded me, adjusting the water levels were tedious but I didn't mind it that much.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3435 Posts

Uncharted series spawning of endless enemies at certain points.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35531 Posts

Basically any count-down section in Revelations 2.