So whats next for the Arkham series? Minimal Spoilers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts
IN my opinion it should be Batman: Gotham City! I want it to be throughout a city of Gotham as big as GTA 4. There could be driving in the Batmobile, the Batwing, and hopefully daytime parts. Wayne Manor and the Batcave could be an also base, and you can go driving in your lambo across town during the day and have missions as Bruce Wayne. As for the villains, it should be Hush (appropriate considering his role in Arkham city) teamed up with Bane and Azrael(Or perhaps against, but they are the three primary villains). Hush wants to destroy Bruce Wayne, and Bane wants to destroy both. Secondary villains include Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Two face, Zsasz, Calculator, Riddler, Mad Hatter, and Penguin. Also, Nightwing and Robin have a role, perhaps the two take 20-25 % of the main storyline. The game could start with the real Bruce Wayne being arrested as an imposter, Robin saving him, but while detained Batman heard that Bane and Azrael have a plan to terrorize Gotham and take down it's government by assassinating the officials and taking them hostage. I also want them to contract the roles of Deadshot, Killer Croc, Clayface, and Zsasz to keep hostages, instead of brainless thugs What do you think?
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
Is like the dual scenario aspect, the Bruce Wayne AND batman storylines, that would be awesome.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wizzyman101
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts
Go play Lego Batman 2. Now.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brucewayne69
Go play Lego Batman 2. Now.wizzyman101
I would but I can't stand the whole building and smashing blocks stuff, it's like half the game!
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I would love to see Batman Beyond to mix things up. I dont see how they could top Arkham City.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brucewayne69
^^^How about Gotham City? I would prefer it continues the plot threads developed in AC
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brucewayne69
New Idea, Knightfall anyone? How about Bane breaks out all the prisoners, and Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, and Harley Quinn all having their own gangs which have each taking over a sector of the city. They are all constantly at war, and batman has to singlehandedly take back each sector. Throughout all of this Mister Freeze is brooding and making plans. Nora was destroyed by thugs after Batman left the warehouse. Each time Batman takes back a sector, we get a cutscene of Freeze conspiring to himself and after a few, Freeze gets to work on a new machine. When Batman leaves the cleared out Sector 6, Freeze surprises him and completely freezes him in an icicle. At this point, we assume the control of Robin or Nightwing (who was introduced and used earlier at some point) and swoop by, knock down Freeze and melt down Batman. A cutscene triggers, and Freeze screams about how Batman killed Nora. Batman tells him the truth and Freeze doesn't believe him, so a battle occurs, with Batman as the player and Robin helping him. Robin gets knocked out and Batman takes Freeze on his own. Eventually, Batman wins. An exhausted Batman returns to the batcave, where Bane awaits. A battle ensues, and nothing Batman can do works, no combos, nothing. Nothing registers. After 15 seconds or so a cutscene of Bane breaking Batmans back triggers. The game ends with a broken bat!
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I just hope the series has alot of longevity ala the comic books. (Like different universes or whatnot.) I too am interested to see how the next game turns out.

GodofGods1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 GodofGods1995
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

Im not sure a fully open world Batman game would work because of the daytime things. I would love to see some moments where you play as Bruce wayne. Maybe there would be different endings and scenarios depending on how you treat people as both Bruce Wayne and Batman, such as having allys like Catwoman, and Robin by your side. As for the main villan i am not sure. Maybe the Penguin, but i would also love to see Two- Face play a more prominent role.

I would also love to see the cancelled Batman: Gotham by Gaslight game finished.

Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts
I dont believe the developers are wanting to continue working on Batman titles now. I can understand why that is (wanting to try something new/ new challenges), so I can only hope that they aren't tasked with re-creating that success again. If there were a new Batman title, I'd like a smaller space, something more intimate. Arkham Asylum did wonders there - perhaps a return to it?
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I'd like to see Rocksteady do an X men game in the same vein as Batman.

Would be immense.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 brucewayne69
The only other series that they should do is Superman. People like the Green Lantern and Flash would be hard to do and portray accurately.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

No self respecting human being would care what becomes of a washed up, sociopath with one of the worst directors working on his film adaptations...

So, urm...

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Is like the dual scenario aspect, the Bruce Wayne AND batman storylines, that would be awesome.LessThanMike

Indeed, but what would we do with Bruce?

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

[QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Is like the dual scenario aspect, the Bruce Wayne AND batman storylines, that would be awesome.tjricardo089

Indeed, but what would we do with Bruce?

Make it rain!

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

I'm thinking Iron Man...Poor guy has been stuck in movie licensed games :(

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I'm hoping for better writing, a stronger plot and something to wrap up from that really awkwardly poor conclusion. All the open world stuff and all the technical improvements. Hooo, run with that.
Jugman720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jugman720
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
The Joker isn't dead...
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

The Joker isn't dead...Jugman720

Perhaps not in the comics, but in Arkham City...different story there. Besides, Mark Hamil wanted this role to be his last for the Joker.

Jugman720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jugman720
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
You can't have batman without the Joker!
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

[QUOTE="Jugman720"]The Joker isn't dead...Metamania

Perhaps not in the comics, but in Arkham City...different story there. Besides, Mark Hamil wanted this role to be his last for the Joker.

In Batman Beyond there was a storyline where the Joker, prior to his death, implanted the first Robin with his memories and genes.

I too would like to see a Batman Beyond game. Though there's no way that Bruce Wayne could survive until there were flying cars without using a Lazarus Pit.