BlackTiger_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlackTiger_7
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts

So many games come out each year during the holiday season and then around February even more hit titles come out. On top of that, if you have PlayStation Plus you get free games and games at a discount. There are so many games I want to play but I just do not have the time to play them like I want without getting behind. The PS5 comes out next year and I still haven't played games like Batman Arkham Knight and other older games for the PS4.

Do you keep up? If you also have PlayStation Plus, how in the world do you have time to play all of those games?

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1844 Posts

I mainly play older games instead of trying to keep up with the latest.

Also I'm getting more and more selective. I'll only touch what I consider to be the best of the best according to my taste.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2051 Posts

I play older games for the most part. Of the newer stuff that's released I mainly just play whatever is released from Nintendo usually.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2051 Posts
@thereal25 said:

Also I'm getting more and more selective. I'll only touch what I consider to be the best of the best according to my taste.

Me too. I kind of prefer it this way. Means less of a backlog. :P

Instamixes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Instamixes
Member since 2019 • 15 Posts

I like to play games that are not brand new. Games that are one or two years old and I have my own choice to play games. I never tried to play all the games. I like to play games that I like most because nobody has infinite time, so choose wisely on which games you really want to play. :-D

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8643 Posts

Rarely have the game overload issue because while I dip into the unknown every know and then. I namely pick games from genres I'm more likely to enjoy than not, at the very least. And I also drop games if I'm not having any fun 'lacking a reason to continue'

My mentality isn't that I don't have the time for all these games. But the games need to be fighting for my time.

2019 has been a tough year though with a lot of games that shout out to my preferences. Capcom needs to calm down for a while. . Please

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79420 Posts

I've decided to stop keeping up with all the new games. I actually still haven't bought RDR2, and probably never well. The thing is, my backlog is so big right now, it doesn't make sense dropping money on games that I won't be getting around to right away, some for a long time. Now, I just work on my backlog, allowing for one new game a month. That isn't even going very well either as I still haven't beaten Control and haven't even opened up Gears 5.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 231 Posts

Yeah, we've had quite a ton of good games come out in the last 40+ years, but even lately we've had a ton of new games coming out. I still occasionally buy new games that come out for the PS4, PC and switch, but I'm not planning on buying the PS5, Xbox scarlet or nextendo as I want to focus on buying the games for my current hardware, both current gent and yesteryear.

That and micro-transactions have become so outrageous this gen that I really dread next generation gaming.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

i agree i have ps4 pro and xbox one x i have huge library digital and retail for both consoles but i dont have time this period next month have more time to play games

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28677 Posts

Yeah there’s so many great games coming out these days that I want to play but simply don’t have the time for. Unfortunately sacrifices must be made so there will be some games that I’ll just never play. Anyway I’d rather have too much to choose from then too little.

Fractured_Veil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fractured_Veil
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts

For the most part I play older games and use my friends like guinea pigs. If they can't stop talking about a new game I'll check it out.