So I've being playing Jagged Alliance Back in Action...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZX81plus3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZX81plus3
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts

Jagged Alliance 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and with the Humble Bundle's weekly sale I managed to pick up Back in Action at a good discount price. While it's clearly not as great as Jagged Alliance 2, it is fun replaying the same story and missions all over again while being a new experience.

If you haven't already I recommend picking up Back in Action with the Humble Bundle pack if you are a fan of Jagged Alliance 2. If you already have Back in Action then how do you think the two games compare? Is the remake as good as the legacy game?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Or you could buy Jagged Alliance 2 in GoG for $3.99 I think.
ZX81plus3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ZX81plus3
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts
Or you could buy Jagged Alliance 2 in GoG for $3.99 I think. Miroku32
Definitely.
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts
i liked the combat in back in action, but theres so much they took out of the original JA2 game that it hurts the game. most obviously is the lack of vultures and dead bodies after you clear an area. the coolest part and most rewarding part of JA2 was going back into an old zone and seeing your destruction from a few days ago and the bodies being in the exact same spot, but decomposed and being eaten by vultures, and also having the ability to shot the birds if you want. there isn't a storyline anymore either with back in action... i thought the storyline in original JA2 was pretty simple but it was funny how the queen constantly beat down her minion for all the things that were happening throughout the game. theres a lot of missing story elements also... i remember attacking the farmhouse in the original jagged alliance 2 game and at some point they give you a choice to leave one of your females with them in exchange for peace. where was that in the remake??
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nicecall
i liked the combat in back in action, but theres so much they took out of the original JA2 game that it hurts the game. most obviously is the lack of vultures and dead bodies after you clear an area. the coolest part and most rewarding part of JA2 was going back into an old zone and seeing your destruction from a few days ago and the bodies being in the exact same spot, but decomposed and being eaten by vultures, and also having the ability to shot the birds if you want. there isn't a storyline anymore either with back in action... i thought the storyline in original JA2 was pretty simple but it was funny how the queen constantly beat down her minion for all the things that were happening throughout the game. theres a lot of missing story elements also... i remember attacking the farmhouse in the original jagged alliance 2 game and at some point they give you a choice to leave one of your females with them in exchange for peace. where was that in the remake??
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nicecall
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nicecall
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nicecall
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nicecall
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nicecall
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nicecall
nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nicecall