SNK NEO GEO: The Future is Now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

asherlin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 asherlin77
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts

So where's the Neo Geo love around here? No forums or Unions? Any Neo Heads out there?

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
Neo Geo love is pretty much over. It was too expensive for most people and fairly limited in its game scope. I have one with 35 games. But most folks around here are rather indifferent to it because of the above mentioned reasons.
Shiroibwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shiroibwoy
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts

I used to have a Neo Geo AES with Real Bout Special, Samurai Spirits 4, Last Blade 2 and KOF '98.
Had to sell everything though because of money problems :(

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
I just had a recent resurgence of love for Neo Geo recently. I've been catching up on Neo Geo games lately, and I can't believe I've missed awesome stuff like Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 1 & 2. Actually, I think Garou may be one of my favorite fighters now.
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
Never cared for it beyond arcades. Too expensive and impractical for a home product.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
*raises hand* Member of the Neo-Geo.com forums here.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I've never liked Neo Geo.

Personally I thought it was worst idea a company came up with. The game selection was limited because it was arcade focused. Sure it had good number of games, but the genre was extremely limited. There isn't that much difference between one 2D fighting game to another. Same goes with side scrolling shooters.

Then there was the price factor.

Perhaps it's because I am huge RPG fan, but Neo Geo never managed to convince me that it deserved to exist. I hated it with all my heart because I had to miss many of the SNK games due to it. I would've liked to play all of them on SNES instead. I think that minor graphical upgrade didn't really do justice.