SNES vs Sega Genesis/Mega Drive [poll added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#851 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Fair point. I believe there may be a model that doesn't yellow, but I didn't own that one so perhaps Nintendo reduced production costs. I really like the design of the original Genesis. Why sega changed it, I do not know.Heirren

they changed it because it was cheaper. same reason for all new models of systems

The revamped Gameboys retained a high quality, the gba was improved over time, the NES was made more reliable, second run psx consoles were also improved, the ps3 slim is arguably of even higher build quality vs the original, and the new Xbox 360s are infinitely superior. The Genesis 2 is not only made of cheaper parts, but the experience is even different as the sound quality holds very different characteristics.

everything yoy said was being achieved by saving costs, and megadrive 2 was a lot cheaper to manufacture. gone was the headphone jack, the stereo sound and it was smaller, used smaller interior chips and everything as well. the megadrive 2, btw is more reliable than megadrive 1. especially with the sound

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#852 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

they changed it because it was cheaper. same reason for all new models of systems

bultje112

The revamped Gameboys retained a high quality, the gba was improved over time, the NES was made more reliable, second run psx consoles were also improved, the ps3 slim is arguably of even higher build quality vs the original, and the new Xbox 360s are infinitely superior. The Genesis 2 is not only made of cheaper parts, but the experience is even different as the sound quality holds very different characteristics.

everything yoy said was being achieved by saving costs, and megadrive 2 was a lot cheaper to manufacture. gone was the headphone jack, the stereo sound and it was smaller, used smaller interior chips and everything as well. the megadrive 2, btw is more reliable than megadrive 1. especially with the sound

But you said all. The gba became far more popular after the SP update, and same goes for the DS. There are more reasons for redesigns than just monetary ones.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#853 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
Sega does what Nintendon't !!!