SNES platformers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -
what are some platformers for the SNES that are just like Mario?
i find it hard to get into 2d platformers unless they are mario.
so any suggestions?
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (27545 posts) -
Donkey Kong Country, Super Bonk, Aladdin, Earthworm Jim (shooter), Mega Man, Castlevania, Star Wars (shooter), ActRaiser, Ninja Gaiden, The Lion King, Cool Spot, Hagane, Demon's Crest, Sparkster, I could go on.
#3 Posted by Flame_Blade88 (39348 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country, Super Bonk, Aladdin, Earthworm Jim (shooter), Mega Man, Castlevania, Star Wars (shooter), ActRaiser, Ninja Gaiden, The Lion King, Cool Spot, Hagane, Demon's Crest, Sparkster, I could go on.Video_Game_King

I was going to say those and some more, but he pretty much got it right there. Try Super Metriod too.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21095 posts) -

Plok! will probably entertain you. It's a really good game, with great graphics, amazing music and unique gameplay, but unfortunately overlooked by the general audience.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (27545 posts) -

[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]Donkey Kong Country, Super Bonk, Aladdin, Earthworm Jim (shooter), Mega Man, Castlevania, Star Wars (shooter), ActRaiser, Ninja Gaiden, The Lion King, Cool Spot, Hagane, Demon's Crest, Sparkster, I could go on.Flame_Blade88

I was going to say those and some more, but he pretty much got it right there. Try Super Metriod too.

*punches Flame_Blade88* Super Metroid is an action-adventure, not a platformer. By that logic, Zelda II is a platformer.

#6 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -
more more more please!
#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (27545 posts) -

more more more please!summer_star17x

That's really all I could muster up. I'm more of an RPG guy for the sole reason that they last longer.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#8 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21095 posts) -

more more more please!summer_star17x

Okay... Super Star Wars and its sequels are amazing games.

#9 Posted by zhnun (55 posts) -

The genesis is a way better console than the snes.

#10 Posted by conkertheking1 (867 posts) -

zhnun

:lol:

no

#11 Posted by conkertheking1 (867 posts) -

There are a lot of platformers on SNES, but I think only the Donkey Kong Country and Mega Man X games can hold their own against SMW and All-Stars.

Avatar image for NationProtector
#12 Posted by NationProtector (1609 posts) -

[QUOTE="zhnun"]

conkertheking1

:lol:

no

It is in the U.S. and EU, and Europe, and Oceania, and Africa, and South America, but SNES has everything else.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
#13 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country 1-3, for sure. Right up there with Mario in the quality of platforming; and it has even BETTER graphics and music.

Cool Spot is a surprisingly good platformer, too. Looking at the cover, you'd think it was a crappy licensed title. But 7-Up's circular little mascot manages to provide a lot of fun, and some eye-popping graphics for the 16-bit era.

#14 Posted by WeskerTeam (1783 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country 2 FTW