deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Sleeping Dogs came out about 6 years ago and it was a breath of fresh air to the open world genre. This game had almost no flaws the setting, combat, music and characters where all well done. It was a great way to start a new IP but unfortunately Square never gave the devs a second chance they wanted better sells and the second game was cancelled.To me this is one of the biggest losses in the open world game genre ever in my opinion. Sleeping Dogs had quality that Watchdogs and Saints Row couldn't match it's not the level of GTA but it's right behind them.It's a shame we will probably never get true sequel since the devs United Front games are no more. So what do you guys think about Sleeping Dogs? do you feel the series got screwed over by Square like I feel?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Bought it long ago...never played it. It's too old to consider playing it now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Why do you say that, if I may ask?

It has aged pretty well; I haven't played it recently, but I definitely played it in a post-GTAV world and felt it stood the test of time. Melee combat is fun, and the driving mechanics are solid. There's a really good Hong Kong organized crime/police story in there as well that rolls out nicely.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Sleeping Dogs is a criminally underappreciated game, and I would love a sequel. But highly doubt it will ever happen.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I really liked the story of that game.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Sleeping Dogs is one of the best sandbox games I've ever played. Brill and atmospheric setting, great story, great combat mechanics... Just perfect game, really.

And the remaster is really good too on current gen consoles.

Having said that, I really do not see the need for sequel. The original game is so good, that sequel could never live up to it. It would just ruin the game's reputation.

Sometimes its better not to milk a game by making inferior sequels.

It like the sistine chapel. One masterpiece is enough.

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

I feel like Dragon's Dogma and this both need a sequel the most.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I agree. I picked it up a year ago for $3 on Steam during a sale and was very surprised how good it is.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

No game is too old to play

And Sleeping dogs is one of those games that if you are not a graphics w..... and always go for the top of the pop, then you will still enjoy it.

It was everything GTA V should have been but forgot during the idea of making 3 playable characters.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@warmblur said:

Sleeping Dogs came out about 6 years ago and it was a breath of fresh air to the open world genre. This game had almost no flaws the setting, combat, music and characters where all well done. It was a great way to start a new IP but unfortunately Square never gave the devs a second chance they wanted better sells and the second game was cancelled.To me this is one of the biggest losses in the open world game genre ever in my opinion. Sleeping Dogs had quality that Watchdogs and Saints Row couldn't match it's not the level of GTA but it's right behind them.It's a shame we will probably never get true sequel since the devs United Front games are no more. So what do you guys think about Sleeping Dogs? do you feel the series got screwed over by Square like I feel?

Not sure it should have a sequel in the traditional sense, it should 100% have another game like it, so if they could do like GTA and just continue with the game mechanics and style but with a new story, then it would be perfect.

But Sleeping dogs was great and the game was a gem that somehow managed to fly under the radar of so many and never got to hit it big.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

No, It's open world was too boring and it had annoying,pointless mini games.(Chest opening,hacking, dating mini games etc)

It's hand 2 hand combat was inferior to Batman games and it's gun combat wasn't interesting for me.(Just a simple cover shooter with some Hardboiled influence)

It's cop missions were also boring compare to True Crime NYC.(Where random crimes occur in the world without the need to go into an icon and you have much more ways to solve them compare to SD)

The only good things that it had were the story setting and graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

It was mediocre. Everything about it was mediocre. The driving, the gunplay, the fighting, the city, the story... I doubt I'll ever play it again.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Why do you say that, if I may ask?

It has aged pretty well; I haven't played it recently, but I definitely played it in a post-GTAV world and felt it stood the test of time. Melee combat is fun, and the driving mechanics are solid. There's a really good Hong Kong organized crime/police story in there as well that rolls out nicely.

Yeah I am taken back by the comment as well. I recently picked it up on PS4 and it is very fun. Essentially, it is a mashup of Rockstar's GTA franchise and Stranglehold, but it does some things better than both games. The combat is exceptional... sort of reminds of me of the Yakuza games. If you haven't played it, picking it up for the PS4 is a must!

swantn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By swantn5
Member since 2011 • 547 Posts

i loved it wouldnt mind a sequel square enix owns the IP so i was glad they saw activisons mistake and published it all comes down to development cost i think it sold really well for a unestablished game hopefully square enix

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@warmblur said:

Yeah it was good, it was a pretty decent sandbox game!