This topic is locked from further discussion.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

In case you don't know what it is, Sleeping Dogs is a new game coming from United Front Games and published by Square Enix. The game was formerly called True Crime : Hong Kong but Activision cancelled the game when it was just about complete. Square Enix picked up the game, helped the devs polish the game even further and gave the name, Sleeping Dogs, which not only suited the whole game's theme about undercover cops, but also was a required change in order to avoid copyright issues.

This is a game where you play as an undercover cop trying to infiltrate the Triads. It is set in Hong Kong and is a pseudo open world, action-adventure game. It is also touted to have the best melee combat system ever. Since Square Enix helped out, the story is seemingly even better than before and really focused. The game isn't linear as there are a ton of activities to do.

The graphics, gameplay and music are all top notch and the game is slated to be the best looking open world/sand box hub game.

With all that said, how many of you here are looking forward to this game? It's one of the few games I'm looking forward to play this year.

dezle_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dezle_1234
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
so far what ive seen of this game it looks awesome notticed on the gameplay footage on the mini map tshirt icons so i think it might have customization options aswell. So many sandbox games coming out this year its awesome
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fend_oblivion

Really? That's awesome :)

The main reason I'm pumped for this game is because this game is pretty serious about its story like Red Ded Redemption and L.A Noire. Then there is the whole parkour and wicked brawls that you can do. Should be worth the wait.

What system do you plan on getting it for?

dezle_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dezle_1234
yeh the parkour looks pretty good, Its like theyve taken my favourate aspects of all open world game and mashed them on one game the fighting from arkham city and the parkour from assasins creed and just cause hopefully it runs well when its released. playstation you ?
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fend_oblivion

There's a new gameplay video up :D I'm downloading the video right now :)

I'll be getting the game on the PC if I can. I just hope it won't be a shoddy port or poorly optimized like GTA 4. Maybe I should wait for the reviews to confirm before buying the PC version.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41583 Posts
Looks interesting, though I want to play True Crime: Streets of LA before I play this though.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fend_oblivion

Looks interesting, though I want to play True Crime: Streets of LA before I play this though.nintendoboy16

There is no need to as the games are not related. The devs basically said that the game (ie, Sleeping Dogs) was originally made with no existing ties to the True Crime franchise. Activision were the ones who said that the game should be named True Crime : Hong Kong so that it'd get more sales.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Never played a True Crime game before, but this looks cool. I assume it's something like GTA, and I like the setting. I'll be keeping an eye on this...

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I don't think the game is going to get good scores. usually the games with story changed mess up. I believe it would be better to fallow the original story whereas you are a cop. would be a different action adventure game. sadly nothing is going to be changed.

dumalika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dumalika
Exclude other things, it looks pretty neat through the picture you've post here.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#11 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
This is one that I'll wait to hear the reviews for. It looks nice, and the premise is solid, but if the gameplay is weak, I'm not interested.
Avatar image for GabrielAlmeida7
GabrielAlmeida7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GabrielAlmeida7
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

True Crime Streets of LA is one of my favorite games. I hope this one turns out to be as good as it.

Basserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Basserker
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

It's a really good looking game, I'm just not willing to take a risk with the story. I really want this game to be good though.