Skyrim: Skuldafn Temple

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wolfmanalfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wolfmanalfredo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
First I want to start out by saying that I've heard great things about this place, the content, and member quality so I've joined up to see if I can get some help with an issue. I'm Andy, and I'll be poking around until I feel comfortable with the site and functions. I apologize if this thread is in the violation of the general rules(I did read through the sticky thread before posting). Didn't see any thread pertaining to my particular problem so I thought I'd jump right in. Anyways, here is my issue. I've been playing on 360, and have been having issues just like everyone else. Freezing on load pages, sometimes in the game. Frozen 8 times now in the few weeks since launch that I've been playing. A couple dragons are really glitching and skipping around the sky looking like crumpled up paper. Now the main issue: I work my way all the way through the Skuldafn Temple and clean it out. The last drauger dude drops the diamond claw as he's supposed to, so I zoom in to see the order of the puzzle deal. Then when I go to the door to move the rings, I can't move any. I tried for a good while before I decided I'd leave out of the temple, then immediately re-enter and try again. This time I can move the rings just fine, so I put in the correct order of the rings, and try to activate the door. Well now that doesn't work. It's the correct order, and the door won't budge. I even went as far as writing down all the possible combinations and spent over a half hour failing everytime. So I go to my local gamestop and check out the guide where it tells me the correct order, which is the order on the claw, and mentions nothing about what if it doesn't open. So this leads me to believe that something is messed up either with my copy, or the game itself. That is why I came to you guys. I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone has encountered the same or a similar problem while playing skyrim, and how if anyway were you able to fix or bypass it. Am I out of luck on the issue? I've been checking search results, but haven't found any issues of this kind being addressed. Any comments or even some help would be greatly appreciated. If it weren't such a good game in my opinion, I wouldn't be trying so hard to fix the problem. Sorry for the long read, and thanks for any input you may have. -Andy
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Sounds like yet another glitch. Or try any of the following (I know they'll sound weird but it may happen): - Make sure you're using the right claw, as there are several around the game - Make sure there is not an object glitching through the door (like the draugr's sword or something) - If it lets you, try placing the claw back on the corpse you found it on, close the menu and then pick it up again If all else fails reload an older save (I sincerely hope you saved before flying to the Skuldafn temple). Good luck, hope you can solve this.
wolfmanalfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wolfmanalfredo
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Sounds like yet another glitch. Or try any of the following (I know they'll sound weird but it may happen): - Make sure you're using the right claw, as there are several around the game - Make sure there is not an object glitching through the door (like the draugr's sword or something) - If it lets you, try placing the claw back on the corpse you found it on, close the menu and then pick it up again If all else fails reload an older save (I sincerely hope you saved before flying to the Skuldafn temple). Good luck, hope you can solve this.

I made sure I've been using the right claw, one of the first things I tried. I'll check to make sure nothing is jamming or glitching the door, I cleared all the debris away but I'll look again. I will also try puting it back on the corpse and try again. I save constantly, so I'll go back and do that if I have to, but I'm trying to avoid having to work my way through the temple again. But you've got to do what you've got to do. Hope if it comes down to that, it doesn't glitch again. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
Re-enter the temple again. I got a similar glitch at one of the puzzles and solved it by re-entering a couple of times until it worked.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Black_Knight_00
I save constantly, so I'll go back and do that if I have towolfmanalfredo
Then you'll be fine, worst case scenario you'll have to kill a couple dragons and shout a dozen daughr off some ledges. Good to hear you saved before the dungeon: really healthy habit.
wolfmanalfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wolfmanalfredo
Well I tried just about everything, ended up just loading an older save file and going through it all over again. Got to the door and it worked this time. so thanks for the input guys. It wasn't super hard the first time through, but it was alot easier the second time. Anyways, thanks for the help and I appreciate it. -Andy
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="wolfmanalfredo"]Well I tried just about everything, ended up just loading an older save file and going through it all over again. Got to the door and it worked this time. so thanks for the input guys. It wasn't super hard the first time through, but it was alot easier the second time. Anyways, thanks for the help and I appreciate it. -Andy

You're welcome. Enjoy Skyrim
achunkofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 achunkofmetal
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
So me and my mom play skyrim (her more than me i might add and im not happy about it) and recently she has been experiencing difficulty's with Skuldofn Temple. When she enters it her screen shows kinda black and you can still see her weapon and the open skuldofn temple sign. I have installed skyrim onto my hardrive and have playing it since it came out with no difficulty until now and i dont know if it is just me xbox or my game.....and if it is the game does gamestop give you the game or would you have to talk to bethseda about that? I am going to try it on my slim and see if it has the same issue and ill post back if it works
achunkofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 achunkofmetal
So me and my mom play skyrim (her more than me i might add and im not happy about it) and recently she has been experiencing difficulty's with Skuldofn Temple. When she enters it her screen shows kinda black and you can still see her weapon and the open skuldofn temple sign. I have installed skyrim onto my hardrive and have playing it since it came out with no difficulty until now and i dont know if it is just me xbox or my game.....and if it is the game does gamestop give you the game or would you have to talk to bethseda about that? I am going to try it on my slim and see if it has the same issue and ill post back if it worksachunkofmetal
I tried it on my slim and it still didnt work so im almost pisitive that it is the game i just dont think it has been fixed yet
achunkofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 achunkofmetal
Andy- i am haveing the same issues just not with the dragons and both my xboxs are haveing these issues let me know if you find out more
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Black_Knight_00
Andy- i am haveing the same issues just not with the dragons and both my xboxs are haveing these issues let me know if you find out moreachunkofmetal
Try asking in Bethesda support forum, I bet other people have had that problem. A simple google search will take you there
Clasikz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Clasikz
I am having the exact same problem on my 360! I did the same thing you did, left the temple, went back, and the door wouldnt budge but the rings rotated. I have had many glitches in the game that leave me agitated!
Munstergamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Munstergamer
Lol I remember Todd Howard saying they were going to change how they made games this time by shortening the time they tested it, and put more time into development. Lo' and Behold, Skyrim. They made sure to keep out the funny harmless glitches but keep in the ones that destroy the experience. Really, pisses me off.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
thanks for bumping a year old thread.