Siren (aka Forbidden Siren)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azuremirror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 azuremirror
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

i have started playing this game but as i go along i get frustrated with how hard the da** thing is. please someone anyone tell me if it is worth continuing.

~AZURE~

-INKling-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -INKling-
Member since 2007 • 4237 Posts
I got pretty frustrated and gave up. There's just too much trial and error for my liking. I get the impression you are in for more of the same so my advice would be to knock it on the head and go for something else like Project Zero.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
dude that game has trumenduz glicth eror and back control sistem how can you even go thru it
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

I don't remember any glitches in that game.... you must be using a PS3 or something.

Anyway the first 3 or 4 missions for Siren make it seem impossible. After you finally get a daylight mission, then it becomes easier. And then when you realize that the areas are recycled, it becomes a little more easier. It's just that those first few missions in total darkness... make it seem like an impossible game.

Although.... Siren doesn't hold a candle compaired to Fatal Frame. Sucks that Temco moved the series over to the Wii, though.

Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Robot_Vampire
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
I never played Siren but from what people in this forum have said, it doesn't seem like a good game. I was thinking of buying it but I might have to look into a bit more now.
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
Quite frankly ive never heard of it
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

Siren is a pretty good, and scary, game.

The only bad thing about it are the voice actors. :lol: They just don't fit in at all. I loved trying to move through the story and unlock all of the events that happened. It gives you a much better picture of the entire store.

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

The very first board in Siren is unnecessarily hard when you start the game. Its also the only board where you don't actually have your special powers. I don't know why the developers thought it would make a good introduction to the game. Just go through the first board as quick as you can because you can come back to it later when you understand the game mechanics better.

The second board is actually the tutorial board. You should spend extra time on this board practicing sight jacking. There are only a few zombies on this board and they stick to easy patterns. Also, the other posters are correct, the daytime missions are easier.

IMO Siren is a good game. But I like trial and error games. If you also don't like Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, or other games that require lots of patience, you won't like Siren.

Siren's strong point is the sight jacking system. IMO its cool looking throught the eyes of the zombies and trying to figure out where they are so that I can avoid them. I think that for the most part the boards are designed really nicely for sneaking. You are always outgunned though, so you will feel somewhat helpless and overwelmed -- that's the atmosphere the game tries to create.

The other strong point is the story line. Because you get to be different people on the different boards, you get to see the story played out through a lot of different perspectives.

The weaknesses are that it gets repetitive after awhile. Also, I was not a big fan of the storyline ending.

Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts

That is game is extremely frustrating, but it is the scariest game I have ever played. I gave up on it many times for those 2 reasons, mainly for the latter. Survival horror is my favorite genre and so far that has been the only game I could not finish because of how scary it is.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

If you thought it sucks at the beginning wait to get to the level with the priest... damn why can't priests carry guns?

The shibitos were pain the ass and you needed to empty a full clip on their bodies so that they die. That was sooo frustrating. I think the perspective system should have been replaced with a map. As simple as that.

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

If you thought it sucks at the beginning wait to get to the level with the priest... damn why can't priests carry guns?

The shibitos were pain the ass and you needed to empty a full clip on their bodies so that they die. That was sooo frustrating. I think the perspective system should have been replaced with a map. As simple as that.

gamingqueen

Well, there was a map in the game. Do you mean a mini map/radar thing? It would have made things easier. But then it would have just been a stripped down version of Metal Gear with a horror theme. I like the uniqueness of sight-jacking. Plus, part of the charm of the game is not knowing if you are about to walk into the path of a zombie. The lack of a mini-map/radar totally adds to the atmosphere. The downside being that it increases the difficulty/frustration level.

I thought the hardest/most frustrating level was the elementary school where you were the teacher and you had to keep that stupid kid from getting herself killed. One time I was sight jacking the principal when he found the kid's hiding place. I watched as she ran out of the room, went into the hallway, promptly stopped and kneeled down in the middle of the hallway, then waited for the principal to come out of the room and kill her. I developed a deep hatred for that stupid little girl. It was so hard to save her.

The game is hard, but the pay-off is some good scares and the feeling of accomplishment you get when you solve a really hard puzzle.

azuremirror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 azuremirror
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

That's good to know... I mean I REALLY want to know why the town is cursed. I have only just learned about the underworld aspect of it all. but i feel like there is more to it... Still i think silent hill had me more involved. Pyramid head scares me... :(

~AZURE~