TheQuirkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TheQuirkster
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

I’m not a fan of online games, so I was wondering if I could please get some help to figure out which ones are single player with online as an added extra (my preference) and which are almost purely online?

I love first person shooter games, but I learned the hard way, after buying Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Seige Six (which is almost purely online), that I cannot tell the difference.

For example, Tom Clancy’s The Division. It looks good but I have zero idea as to whether it can stand alone as a single player game or if it is almost purely online.

Could someone help me here, please?

Thanks heaps!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

If a game is only playable online that's a negative, straight up, not a positive. And would have to convince players it's acceptable. Only tolerate that if it's an enjoyable game in it's own right. But always questioning why a SP campaign isn't available, and it's usually budget related.

Depending on the game/ genre I may expect some Single Player games to have 'at least' some sort of online multiplayer option, but most the time SP fits the structure of the games given this treatment, so it's less a problem than online only games.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Dont like the premise of having to have online to play a game to me it's still single player.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

The Division is an amazing game offline! I have only used the online feature a handful of times, to be honest. Explore New York and complete the missions. Granted, some are identical in their objective, but the locations are different each time. The DLCs are worth it as well! Don't let the online function distract or take away from an amazing storyline!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

There was once a time in the early to mid 2000's where MP games where fun and challenging games like MOHAA, BF2, CS:S and then COD4 came out and ruined everything. I always enjoy singleplayer games more but for me these days all these new MP games are trash it's a shame but at least we have awesome singleplayer games.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

The novelty of online multiplayer has worn off for me. I'm sticking to single player only.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

I hop into online there and again, even though I am bad at it but I don't get the same satisfaction I get out of it by caning single player games. I love single player games through and through, you control the game, not the other way around (if you suck that is)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts
@mybrothefortnitepro said:

The division is good but if you dont go online you will miss out on the end game and the dark zone

I don't know what it is, but I didn't really enjoy the dark zone. I explored. I fought. I earned loot. Yet, for some reason, playing the game outside of the dark zone was more enjoyable for me. The main game, side missions and DLC were good enough for me, personally.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Outside of War Thunder I typically only play single player games.

Boruto4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boruto4
Member since 2018 • 28 Posts

@ingamepurchaser said:

single player all day everyday. literally.

I agree 100% I love single player games.

OlegKazakov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OlegKazakov
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Good singleplayer game can tell a great emotionanl story so Singleplayer for me