Since when is having to pay a monthly fee= "free"???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

Are people for real or are they trolling? PSN+ members get free games....really? I'm a Netflix subscriber, I guess I'm going to tell the whole world they can watch "free" movies if they subscribe to Netflix. Just keep paying those $8 a month and you can watch as many "free" movies as you want.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Yeah, saying "PSN+ gives me free games" is highly illogical.

If you need to pay for a subscription to access the games, they are not free. End of story.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

It´s a rental servive,no one actually owns the games they play through psn+.

So yeah,they´re not free.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

You get plus benefits a long with a ton of games which outweigh the yearly fee. It's not surprising that people say they get free games.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: Yeah, but as soon as your subscription lapses, they take them away. Thus, not free.

GameYakuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GameYakuza
Member since 2012 • 242 Posts

enough with the whining... PS+ would still be a great value if the games were only available for a month. suscribers know what they pay for and what they get.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

The discounts of game purchases more than make up for it. I got a plus account early this year and saved more than the yearly cost in less than a month on outrageous discounts on retail prices.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It's just easier to call them free. I personally go with "free". But I don't think anyone actually believes they're free as, obviously, you're paying for a service that grants you access to a collection of games at no additional charge. Combined with the various discounts, this makes PS+ an all-around great deal.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's because most of their subscribers don't understand

Honestly it's like trying to teach a fish to drive, they just don't get it

Not as bad as Nintendo fans but wow are Sony fans behind the times.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

True but I would glady pay $50 a year for PS+ which lets me rent over 20 games over the course of the year which I can beat and be done with instead of paying $60 for one game.

it's not free but PS+ is good value for money IMO.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

True but I would glady pay $50 a year for PS+ which lets me rent over 20 games over the course of the year which I can beat and be done with instead of paying $60 for one game.

Games that you have no choice over and most are old and not worth playing if you're even a casual gamer.

Gamefly runs specials where you can get two months of games for ten dollars, they're new games too so you could play those and still be in the loop when it comes to the industry.

You also get to choose what games you want.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@huerito323 said:

Are people for real or are they trolling? PSN+ members get free games....really? I'm a Netflix subscriber, I guess I'm going to tell the whole world they can watch "free" movies if they subscribe to Netflix. Just keep paying those $8 a month and you can watch as many "free" movies as you want.

Same goes for Games for Gold which you only get if you have Live, and you don't get anything outside of the paywall. Value is the keyword. If you think about it mathematical they give you "free" games as in you get a lot of value for your games just for one month. It's wrong to say free, sure. But doesn't change the fact the service is great. Same goes for the discounts. If you plan on spending more than 60 bucks in year on games on PSN the discounts alone are worth the service. Yeah it's wrong to say they're free, but it's stil a great service

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

It's just the quickest way to say it. Yes they have paid for a subscription and no one is literally getting free games but we all know what they mean, so who gives a shit.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

It's just the quickest way to say it. Yes they have paid for a subscription and no one is literally getting free games but we all know what they mean, so who gives a shit.

This

And, since I pay for one year and get it over with, I feel like im getting games for free every month because of the quality of games we been getting lately.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#15 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

@JangoWuzHere: Yeah, but as soon as your subscription lapses, they take them away. Thus, not free.

This.

PS+ games are not free. You are only renting them. Annoys me to no end how people claim PS+ is so amazing because of the 'free' monthly games, when in fact if they were not paying for the service, they would not be getting the games, thus... not free!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

xbox live gives gold members games of which they can keep some titles were good some were awful but still better then psn plus which gives you only rentals of them as long as your a member its like blockbuster but worst is you don't get to choose what to rent

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

What a silly argument, you pay $50 for the year and every month they offer you 2 free games at least, which would cost you $15 if you paid for them so each month they give you $30 over 12 months so that's $360 worth of games and your telling me and whining because people are saying its free, I'll gladly pay one of payment every year for that many games plus the massive discounts you get off of games aswel, I mean honestly what's your problem, esp now that we have to pay for multiplayer anyway getting $360 worth of games is a nice gift for paying, people these days

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

"Playstation gives you free games" is incorrect

"PS+ gives you free games" is correct

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Sony could call the video games in question "Games with PS+" to avoid getting accused of false advertisement. Microsoft is labeling the games being given with an Xbox Live subscription accurately. "Games with Gold" are as described. PS+ "Free Games" are not. I have said this before because technicalities matter to me.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@Netret0120 said:

Games that you have no choice over and most are old and not worth playing if you're even a casual gamer.

Gamefly runs specials where you can get two months of games for ten dollars, they're new games too so you could play those and still be in the loop when it comes to the industry.

You also get to choose what games you want.

Hate to break it to you but most people aren't playing every game under the sun. The idea that the games simply aren't worth playing is a bit silly. If you have no qualms with the lack of ownership PS Plus is a great value.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@huerito323 said:

Yeah we get it, you want to find some reason to bash sony.

In reality: Not many people call PS+ games free. In fact its the XBL gold members who constantly refer to their 2 games a month as free, despite the fact you don't get them unless you pay for XBL gold.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

I understand what your saying, but Xbox Live doesn't let you rent out any games. Their starting to do it too to compete, but so far the offering is really weak.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Gargus said:

@huerito323 said:

Yeah we get it, you want to find some reason to bash sony.

In reality: Not many people call PS+ games free. In fact its the XBL gold members who constantly refer to their 2 games a month as free, despite the fact you don't get them unless you pay for XBL gold.

It's because most people already have gold for xbla and the 2 "free" games thing is just a bonus. Sony is using their rented games as a selling point for PS+. Not that it matters anymore since now both services are required for online play.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@Jaysonguy: ...and they can't reach the pedals.