This topic is locked from further discussion.

txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

How does this game compare to the other Silent Hills? I am a fan of the first 4 games, especially 2but from watching a few vids of Origins and Homecoming, it just doesn't seem what makes Silent Hill.I knowTeam Silent no longer has input to the series but is this game still worth a try or have the new developers ruined it?

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

For a Silent Hill gamethe story is really easy to figure out. You'll figure out the game secrets hours before you finish the game (stroy is really weak compared to other SH titles). The boss designs are cool though well 3 out of 4 of them. The game can be real easy too. As for the gameplay it's a little improvement for the series but it doesn't feel like a SH title IMO. I won't say the game is bad but it is a disappointment for a SH title in my opinion. If you find the game for cheap or if you can rent it I say give it a go.

DAAVV-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 DAAVV-O
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

To be honest, I went into this game thinking that an american developer would make a typically dumbed down interpretation of the genre, but was quite surprised!

Controls are solid, graphics are good, and the plot is ok (if a little thin).

certainly worth a pop anyhow!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well compared with the other silent hill games its a bit diffirent which is both a good and a bad thing if you are a fan of the series. The story is much more simple. That is both a good and a bad thing because its not hard to understand but there are not many secrets. The game is pretty short and the "Town" is very small and linear, and i mean way too much The meele combat is somewhat like assasin creed. It can make the game easy if you are good at it and pretty hard if you are not good at it. I thought this game is gonna be dumbed down but i died many times and ammo and health are quite hard to find. Guns are pretty weak. The flashlight hardly lights up anything. The only thing it lights up is your character, which is glowling like a christmas tree when the light is on and attracts the monsters easilly. Ign review is wrong on some things. There are times that i had to run away to survive or check a walktrough to find out what to do next. There are also sometimes that you "gotta" kill the monsters in order for the door to open and move further on the game. Some boss fights are pretty dissapointing but some others are great. Some monsters are very weird and silent hill like. Overall its a good game but if it was released right now i would strongly advice not to get it right away at a full price. In other words:No its not dumbed down, but its not a great SH game either. I would reccomend to treat it as a game and not go crazy about it.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
While I think none will be as good as the original and second Silent Hill game, Homecoming is infact pretty good but with a few flaws. If you find it at a reduced price then you might wanna pick it up if you like survival horror.
txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Thanks guys. Well, if I do find it reduced, I'll probably end up getting it then. I guess the plus sideto this is hearingAkira Yamaoka's work. :)

kristinacallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kristinacallis
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I found this game quite modern and due to latest techniques provided in the game made easy to clear the game easy. So it is interesting game. Should go and try out playing this game. But i like part 4 more interesting. Kristina http://www.techsoft.org
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I made it a couple of hours into the game, but then a glitch happened in which a critical item in my inventory disappeared because I backtracked instead of going precisely where I was supposed to. And because of the crude save system, I basically had to start the game over in order to fix it.

So I basically said "**** this game", and decided to never play it again.

With the next SH game, they'd better make sure it works right, and get rid of their archaic save system. Otherwise, I won't bother with it. Hell, I probably won't bother with it anyway.

kristinacallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kristinacallis
Similar thing happened with me while i was playing GTA and there were few stages left to clear the stages but then this thing happened. So luckily i found one of my friend playing the same game but he was behind me. I took the saved file from him and copied it to my PC, game save folder. So ididn't had to play that game all over again. 2ndly you can download crack code which will help to clear all the stages. Hope this helps you. Regards, Kristina http://www.techsoft.org
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrGeezer

Similar thing happened with me while i was playing GTA and there were few stages left to clear the stages but then this thing happened. So luckily i found one of my friend playing the same game but he was behind me. I took the saved file from him and copied it to my PC, game save folder. So ididn't had to play that game all over again. 2ndly you can download crack code which will help to clear all the stages. Hope this helps you. Regards, Kristina http://www.techsoft.orgkristinacallis

That, or I can stop spending my money on games until people start making it a highr priority to enlighten people on the technical glitches that shouldn't ****ing happen.

The FIRST thing that games should do is "work right". This is the FIRST thing. And developers should hire enough testers to MAKE SURE that games work right.

Making "good" games is secondary to this. What good is a "good" game if people don't ever finish it because it is ****ing broken?

I never heard one single reviewer make any mention of these kinds of errors in Silent Hill 5. Either they weren't aware of them (the developers should have tested the game more thoroughly before release, or the reviewers didn't think it was worth mentioning (same way that I don't see most reviews mentioning a game's save system). If it's the former, that crap makes me want to quit games entirely. And if it's the latter, that also makes me want to quit games entirely since the people whose JOB it is to report on this kind of thing AREN'T DOING IT.

kristinacallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kristinacallis
Exactly, this is what even i was thinking, How come these game developers are unaware of these short comes. Well, not all games have these problem, one best example i can give is of NFS. They are the best. I play it on my PC, PSP and but it is very reliable. What kind of gadgets you are found of ? Feel free to express your views. Krisitna http://www.techsoft.org
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="kristinacallis"]Exactly, this is what even i was thinking, How come these game developers are unaware of these short comes. Well, not all games have these problem, one best example i can give is of NFS. They are the best. I play it on my PC, PSP and but it is very reliable. What kind of gadgets you are found of ? Feel free to express your views. Krisitna http://www.techsoft.org

Have you played silent hill 4 on the pc? Its a total mess, like the developers did not even care about the pc version and they quickly ported in one week.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrGeezer

What kind of gadgets you are found of ? Feel free to express your views. kristinacallis

Ah, sorry, I overlooked this question before.

Anyway, as far as what I'm most fond of as far as "gadgets" I'm leaning towards digital cameras. They've gotten cheap enough that they've given most people an outlet for artistic EXPRESSION (as opposed to, you know, being forced to play bad games), and there are more REVIEWERS who are actually highly CRITICAL about these sorts of gadgets, and write more in-depth reviews about what's actually wrong with a particular camera.

So yeah...I've been gaming in some capacity or another for pretty much my whole life, but it's not like I NEED to play games. If I feel like I'm getting screwed, then I might have to resort to reading a book. Or taking a walk. Or using my digital camera to walk around my home and take artistic photos of cockroaches having sex with each other.