Side characters that deserve their own game?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

What are some side characters or NPCs in general that you think deserve their own game?

Here is my list

• Jordi Chin- Watch_ Dogs
  • Ryder- GTA:SA before he died obviously
  • Mona Sax- Max Payne 2
  • Vaas- Far Cry 3
  • Ada Wong- RE series
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Eileen - Bloodborne.

Riku - Kingdom Hearts.

Balthier - FFXII.

Ocelot - MGS.

Frog - Chrono Trigger.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Alyx Vanc---

Oh nevermind, she got her game!

Umm...there's a lot of good Bioware games with party members that I think would be worthy of their own games.

@warmblur said:

What are some side characters or NPCs in general that you think deserve their own game?

Here is my list

• Mona Sax- Max Payne 2
  • Vaas- Far Cry 3
  • Ada Wong- RE series

I think Vaas got some DLC in Far Cry 6 but I"m not sure.

But yeah a standalone game with the same actor would be pretty awesome. Just finished watching Better Call Saul, he is great in that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@mrbojangles25 said:

Alyx Vanc---

Oh nevermind, she got her game!

Umm...there's a lot of good Bioware games with party members that I think would be worthy of their own games.

@warmblur said:

Here is my list

• Mona Sax- Max Payne 2
  • Vaas- Far Cry 3
  • Ada Wong- RE series

I think Vaas got some DLC in Far Cry 6 but I"m not sure.

But yeah a standalone game with the same actor would be pretty awesome. Just finished watching Better Call Saul, he is great in that.

Yeah he is, what a amazing scene he just had in the latest episode.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

I think it would be cool to play as Zelda (do not bring up the CDi game, it doesnt count). There are a few different directions they could go with it, but a more action focused game where she is a ninja-mage would be neat. Still still should have some puzzles and exploration though to keep things kosher.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@warmblur:

8-Ball from Grand Theft Auto 3. It sucks that he never had his own GTA game. I always felt that he should've been the main playable character in GTA: Liberty City Stories instead.

Also Nintendo should have Waluigi have his game as well. I mean Luigi, Wario, Peach, the Yoshis, and the Toads have their own game so why doesn't Nintendo actually use Waluigi for once instead of making him a wasted character.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Jecht, Braska and Auron - FFX

Seifer, Rinoa - FFVIII

Felix - Golden Sun

Sully - Uncharted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@AcidTango said:

@warmblur:

8-Ball from Grand Theft Auto 3. It sucks that he never had his own GTA game. I always felt that he should've been the main playable character in GTA: Liberty City Stories instead.

Also Nintendo should have Waluigi have his game as well. I mean Luigi, Wario, Peach, the Yoshis, and the Toads have their own game so why doesn't Nintendo actually use Waluigi for once instead of making him a wasted character.

Good choice 8-Ball was a pretty cool character I could easily see playing as him.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Side characters that deserve their own game?

Poogie from Monster Hunter is the only true answer, and it already exists_

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RSM-HQ

@girlusocrazy said:

@RSM-HQ: At first I thought it was a kancho simulator

Puri Puri Poogie Race is essentially a gimmicky Mario Kart knock-off that uses the Poogie models (shown) as the controller. Making for some of the most atrocious input delay and awkwardness found in gaming history. Still I wouldn't trade it for the world, it's a charming little arcade game representing a personal favorite franchise_

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ
@girlusocrazy said:

@RSM-HQ: I watched a video, I'd try it

I played it a few times. It's fun, in the same way as a light gun arcade game is. Not going to blow your mind but worse ways to spend money in an arcade. It is also a game from 2013 so anyone expecting it to have Monster Hunter: World/ Rise visuals will be left disappointed. It borrows assets from MH4; which itself borrows from generation 3.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sakaiXx
@omegamaster said:

Felix - Golden Sun

? Felix has his own game tho. Felix is the hero of Golden Sun - The Lost Age and the actual hero responsible for saving Weyard, not that loser Isaac who somehow gets all the credit (and power).

Tho I would not mind more solo Felix or his children adventures, I really loves him.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#16 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'm not sure to be honest. But the first thought that popped into my head was Maurie from Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Basch or Balthier - FF12

Vergil - DMC

Ciri - Witcher

Laguna - FF8

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Can't really think of any that haven't already got their own game.. So I'll just crap on your suggestions. :P

@AcidTango said:

@warmblur:

Because he's a shit character only made to hastily fill out their party games, and Nintendo realize this.

Despite Nintendo fans' weird fascination with him, I hope Nintendo continues to half pretend he doesn't exist. He really doesn't deserve any form of spotlight.

@warmblur said:
  • Vaas- Far Cry 3

What would you do in the game? Kidnap and torture people while having fucked up conversations with them?

Also, lol at Poogie Kart. Did not know that existed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Litchie said:

Can't really think of any that haven't already got their own game.. So I'll just crap on your suggestions. :P

@AcidTango said:

@warmblur:

Because he's a shit character only made to hastily fill out their party games, and Nintendo realize this.

Despite Nintendo fans' weird fascination with him, I hope Nintendo continues to half pretend he doesn't exist. He really doesn't deserve any form of spotlight.

@warmblur said:
  • Vaas- Far Cry 3

What would you do in the game? Kidnap and torture people while having fucked up conversations with them?

Also, lol at Poogie Kart. Did not know that existed.

Sounds like fun!!! yes

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

@warmblur: lol. Vaas was a great character though. It was pretty much the only good thing about Far Cry 3, imo, but Vaas was absolutely disgusting. They did good with that.

Speaking of Waluigi btw, I'd love to see more Wario platforming games. Whatever happened to those? The one on Wii was pretty fun from what I remember. Guess it sold badly..

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@omegamaster said:

Felix - Golden Sun

? Felix has his own game tho. Felix is the hero of Golden Sun - The Lost Age and the actual hero responsible for saving Weyard, not that loser Isaac who somehow gets all the credit (and power).

Tho I would not mind more solo Felix or his children adventures, I really loves him.

Yeah, that's a valid point. I was thinking of Felix's story after he got separated at the beginning of the Golden Sun. His life with Saturos and Merendi, the journey, life with people in Prox

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@Litchie said:

@AcidTango said:

True he is a shit character but Nintendo can at least do something with him rather than just party games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sakaiXx

@omegamaster: personally most of the questions answered when we reach prox and met Felix parents in GS - Lost Age. But I dont mind more games with him leading as personally Felix a much more interesting character, better backstory and literally the hero as he and his team responsible for lighting all 4 lighthouse. I am bias tho, enjoyed Lost Age more than the original and I dont understand why Isaac is popular.