Should the 'Myst' series be re released as first person games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Personally I've never played through any of the 'Myst' games, I've only sampled the occasional demo years ago plus I've only watched gameplay videos too..

But for some reason this 'point n click' series has always fascinated me due to the fact that all the 'Myst' titles including 'Riven' (the sequel to Myst) look absolutely stunning. The puzzles look mindbending and the story seems interesting also, especially due to those wonderful looking live action cut scenes.

I would love to see these games re released.. But, unlike most, I think the 'Myst' games would appeal more to this generation if released as first person titles..

Imagine being left alone to discover those magical islands whilst haunting music plays within the background setting the perfect ambiance, creating the ultimate relaxing gaming experience..

Perhaps developed by the individuals who created 'Dear Esther'.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Yes, with lots of shooting. And multiplayer.
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Yeah, that would be cool. The mix of first person and puzzle solving is great. After loving portal, I would definitely enjoy a Myst first person game. I wish more games would make first person games without being a shooter, because I like the realistic view, but Im getting tired of the usual shooting and killing.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Yeah, that would be cool. The mix of first person and puzzle solving is great. After loving portal, I would definitely enjoy a Myst first person game. I wish more games would make first person games without being a shooter, because I like the realistic view, but Im getting tired of the usual shooting and killing.

Yoshi9000

It sounds as though you would really enjoy "Mirrors Edge".. It's a great title, plus you can play through the campaign without firing a single shot, just like ''Dishonored''

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

[QUOTE="Yoshi9000"]

DecadesOfGaming

It sounds as though you would really enjoy "Mirrors Edge".. It's a great title, plus you can play through the campaign without firing a single shot, just like ''Dishonored''

Yeah, it looks fun to play. I can never seem to find a copy though, but if I do I'll get it.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

See realMyst.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

A slow and difficult first person puzzle game without shooting enemy A.I. Hmmm, it sounds very nice, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Maybe as an indie title... That or we need some kind of David Cage of puzzle games...

The4thVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The4thVIII
Member since 2013 • 420 Posts

@DecadesOfGaming said:

Personally I've never played through any of the 'Myst' games, I've only sampled the occasional demo years ago plus I've only watched gameplay videos too..

But for some reason this 'point n click' series has always fascinated me due to the fact that all the 'Myst' titles including 'Riven' (the sequel to Myst) look absolutely stunning. The puzzles look mindbending and the story seems interesting also, especially due to those wonderful looking live action cut scenes.

I would love to see these games re released.. But, unlike most, I think the 'Myst' games would appeal more to this generation if released as first person titles..

Imagine being left alone to discover those magical islands whilst haunting music plays within the background setting the perfect ambiance, creating the ultimate relaxing gaming experience..

Perhaps developed by the individuals who created 'Dear Esther'.

Myst IS a First Person tile. WTF are you talking about?

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

@koospetoors said:
Yes, with lots of shooting. And multiplayer.

Agreed. Myst would be better with a shot gun, sniper rifle and ATV. Like most games actually.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

like realmyst?

I would like that treatment for the rest of the sereis

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I'd like to see a full living breathing Myst, possibly with optional Kinect controls.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

No, but Bioshock Infinite should be re-released as a pnc adventure.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

@The4thVIII said:

Myst IS a First Person tile. WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, I have no idea what this conversation is about. I don't know if they want Myst to have a controllable camera in the sense of not screen-by-screen advancement, or something else.