should I sell/trade my SNES?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

I just got two NESes (both god from auctioning, one of them came with Tetris, contra, and Excitebike). I have a bunch of NES games now, including Super Mari/Duck Hunt with the zapper, and a curved tube tv! I remember selling my N64 because I got the SNES and feeling that three consoles just made my gaming decisions complicated. I have Star Fox, F-Zero, DKC, Super Mario world, All Stars (dont like the 16 bit versions), Kind of the Monsters 2, and Super Punch out. I of course am going to sell one of the spare Neses for profit, I am thinking of just trading my SNES in to a local game store that sells classic games, and use the credit to get some NES games that are appealing, like Metroid, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, and some others that I can not think of. I am starting to like the hardcore aspect of NES games, because I feel like I can not just half hazardly play and still win. In the past I have been put off by some of the difficulty aspects of NES games.

For the first time I have not used the Contra code and found the game to be very stimulating when I do not have extra help. I think I just do not want to feel like a geek by owning so many consoles, perhaps I should just find a way to have them all very organised and compact. Lol perhaps I should of just got a Retron 3. I am a collector of retro games for sure, usually the most noteworthy, and well aged games. What I should do is get some kind of mini cabinet to store the consoles. But I leave it up to you guys in determining my actions, should I, or should I just keep it, and enjoy them? I can go either way

Avatar image for KillerCannonade
KillerCannonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KillerCannonade
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

I just got two NESes (both god from auctioning, one of them came with Tetris, contra, and Excitebike). I have a bunch of NES games now, including Super Mari/Duck Hunt with the zapper, and a curved tube tv! I remember selling my N64 because I got the SNES and feeling that three consoles just made my gaming decisions complicated. I have Star Fox, F-Zero, DKC, Super Mario world, All Stars (dont like the 16 bit versions), Kind of the Monsters 2, and Super Punch out. I of course am going to sell one of the spare Neses for profit, I am thinking of just trading my NES in to a local game store that sells classic games, and use the credit to get some NES games that are appealing, like Metroid, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, and some others that I can not think of. I am starting to like the hardcore aspect of NES games, because I feel like I can not just half hazardly play and still win. In the past I have been put off by some of the difficulty aspects of NES games.

For the first time I have not used the Contra code and found the game to be very stimulating when I do not have extra help. I think I just do not want to feel like a geek by owning so many consoles, perhaps I should just find a way to have them all very organised and compact. Lol perhaps I should of just got a Retron 3. I am a collector of retro games for sure, usually the most noteworthy, and well aged games. What I should do is get some kind of mini cabinet to store the consoles. But I leave it up to you guys in determining my actions, should I, or should I just keep it, and enjoy them? I can go either way

mahlasor
NES or SNES, your post is confusing with the title.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

If you have 2 NESs and 1 SNES, why in the world are you thinking about selling the SNES? Why not sell the extra NES? Then you still have an NES and you get to keep the SNES. Why do you even need 2 NESs?

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mahlasor

Because two NESes is better than one NES... Its simple math really. I already stated that I am selling one of the NESes. I bought it because it had contra, tetris, and excitebike, it was worth the price of those three games individually. I got a good deal. The NES just happened to come with it, and I knew I can just sell the NES for a profit.

It is not that hard to figure out that I am sayying I have 3 consoles, it might be too many consoles for one person to have.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Contrary to what you might think, OP, what you've been saying is actually VERY confusing.

Don't sell an SNES if you only have one. Sell an NES if you have more than one.

/thread

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I still got my SNES I got as a Christmas present in 1993. Even got a "Ghost in the Shell" sticker on the back behind the cartridge port and the color has went from light grey to a yellowish grey. Nothing short of it being the only way to put food on the table is going to make me sell it despite the fact I haven't played it in years and I'm not even sure it still works.

But, it's your game. You can figure out what you want to do.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mahlasor

Oops, forgot the S before the NES, so I was thinking of selling my SNES for NES games, I would get 35 dollars for my SNES.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Oops, forgot the S before the NES, so I was thinking of selling my SNES for NES games, I would get 35 dollars for my SNES.

mahlasor
I, personally, wouldn't do that, but it's your property so far be it from any of us to tell you what to do with it.
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

i did, some year ago, and i don't regret! Battery cartridge gave me worries, some great games thogh i can remember at now too

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

I'd say get rid of one of the NES's as you were planning to do so (you don't need 2 of them anyway, unless you want to keep one as a spare), but keep your SNES as it has some great games on it.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#11 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

It is not that hard to figure out that I am sayying I have 3 consoles, it might be too many consoles for one person to have.

mahlasor

Work out some way to get all your consoles plugged into one TV so you can easily switch between them. It makes having a bunch of consoles a lot more fun.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mahlasor

I bet I can trade the NES alone and get some NES games with it. I am going to keep the SNES. Just to clarify I was already selling one of my NESes, I got an nes for 45 dollars with Contra, Excitebike, and Tetris, good deal, eh?

^ It is not that having the SNES is inconvenient per se, but yeah the tv only allows 2 AV inputs, but I could have one use RF, EWWWWW! Alternatively I get one of those devices that lets me put all the inputs I want. Mostly I am weighing in on just simple getting a cabinet, some way so it looks more orderly.

Sides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sides
Member since 2003 • 4289 Posts

Get a TV just for these consoles, if you haven't already. I think asking if you should sell a console is a bit of a silly question on this board.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mahlasor

Well I just found out I can get just as much for my NES as I can for my SNES, so I think I will just sell the NES to gamers, and in return get some cool NES games. Keep the Snes, find a way to organise it. Though its probably way cheaper to just put the av cables out, minor inconvenience, than to shell out 20 dollars or more.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It is totally up to you.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points