Should I get the original COD4 or the remake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

I'm not much of a COD fan but I remember playing the original Modern Warfare a lot back in the PS3 days. I still have my PS3 and I have a PS4 so I was wondering if I'd be better with the original since it's so cheap or is the remake worth it? (It's around €45 where I live.) I tried Googling it but all I could find were graphics comparison videos or people discussing the multiplayer. I'll be playing the game purely for the campaign so that wouldn't be a factor for me.

kaylaturntup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kaylaturntup
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

It depends if you care about the graphics and quality of the game. I love the remake but I also love the original. I’d choose the remake only because it’s more relevant and the graphics are awesome compared to the original. The game usually goes for 60 world wide so 45 wouldn’t be a bad deal if you ask me.

yourDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yourDad
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I would suggest you to get the original one, as far as i know there is no big difference and just waste of money!

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

There are four times as many people playing the original as the remake, so get the original.

misconfigured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 misconfigured
Member since 2017 • 27 Posts

If you're only playing it for the campaign, then I'd suggest the remake. It has better graphics, a cool easter egg or two, and trophies if you care about those. If you don't care about any of that you may as well pick up the original, it'l be cheaper.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

@misconfigured said:

If you're only playing it for the campaign, then I'd suggest the remake. It has better graphics, a cool easter egg or two, and trophies if you care about those. If you don't care about any of that you may as well pick up the original, it'l be cheaper.

Yeah, I'll go with that. My PS3 disc tray is really sticky and there's only a €10 difference in the digital versions (€29.99 vs €39.99).