Should I get Destiny or not? Confused.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 NinthFall
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

I'm very confused whether to get Destiny or not. The reviews are so mixed up. There are reviews that hail the game above life and reviews that bash the game to the darkest corner of earth. This is very confusing for people who are wondering whether the game is good or not.

1. I'd really like to have a game on my PS4 that I'd play occasionally for a long time, some addicting RPG-type of a game. Destiny does seem to fulfill this requirement. Or does it?

2. All the gameplay videos seem entertaining. I like the graphics, I like the atmosphere, the landscape. It looks amazing and fun.

So, could you guys help me out? I want helpful answers, answers which you can explain as well as possible. I know this game is hyped overly much by the fanboys and hated way too hard by the haters. So, I was hoping for a decent opinion. Does this game fit for my purposes?

teske4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 teske4444
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts

I have enjoyed Destiny, but Diablo is more addicting in my opinion. It is fun to play with friends and try to do the higher level stuff with a group, but Destiny can get pretty annoying when you are trying to grind for a piece of equipment, but you keep getting useless junk instead. In Diablo, I never felt like I really had to grind to get something special, the drops consistently come and a lot of them actually make you think about switching gear up. Destiny can be fun at times, but it has also frustrated me to the point of not wanting to play it. If you already have Diablo for PC, it might not be as appealing, as a lot of the content is missing in the console version. I don't regret my decision to buy Destiny, but it feels like there is a lot of content missing from it that will probably be released in DLC's.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

i'd say get it if you have friends to play it with. the campaign without friends is not great. campaign missions are on the whole not much more than variations of capture / guard the flag and similar mutliplayer cliches. if you like shooters and have friends to play with then pick it up

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well I think thats the best answer.....

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44322 Posts

I'd certainly recommend it. While it's certainly not perfect it is a great looking and great playing game. The loot system could be better but they will be tweaking it soon so that might fix things. The PvP is very enjoyable as well. Bungie has some pretty long-term plans for this game so you can expect a lot of support for this game with various content for a number of years. Overall I'd rate this game a very solid 8 out of 10.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I think it's a great game. Not perfect by any means, but I'm in to see how much better the game can get.

ETPhoneHome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ETPhoneHome
Member since 2015 • 108 Posts

If you have some friends to play with you, you'll have a blast. If not, I wouldn't recommend it for you. (Make sure to grab the legendary edition, comes with one mediocre DLC, one good DLC, and one awesome DLC).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Like others are saying:

Got lots of friends who play the game regularly? Get it, you'll have a blast.

Got no friends who play? Avoid like the plague.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@NinthFall said:

I'm very confused whether to get Destiny or not. The reviews are so mixed up. There are reviews that hail the game above life and reviews that bash the game to the darkest corner of earth. This is very confusing for people who are wondering whether the game is good or not.

1. I'd really like to have a game on my PS4 that I'd play occasionally for a long time, some addicting RPG-type of a game. Destiny does seem to fulfill this requirement. Or does it?

2. All the gameplay videos seem entertaining. I like the graphics, I like the atmosphere, the landscape. It looks amazing and fun.

So, could you guys help me out? I want helpful answers, answers which you can explain as well as possible. I know this game is hyped overly much by the fanboys and hated way too hard by the haters. So, I was hoping for a decent opinion. Does this game fit for my purposes?

Do not get Destiny.

At least not unless you have friends to play with, if you dont, then do not get the game.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

If you're gonna be playing by yourself I'd say skip Destiny there are some things that can't be done easily or at all by yourself. Plus the community will probably take a serious nose dive in the coming weeks with Halo, COD, Tomb Raider, Fallout, and Star Wars all coming out in a couple of weeks.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#11 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Lets avoid bumping threads that are over a year old.