Should I buy the Mass Effect: Andromeda ?

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hiccupshe
Member since 2017 • 15 Posts

Ok, Mass Effect: Andromeda is released, but It only scroe a 6.0 points on GameSpot and 7.7 on IGN, which makes me confused, should I buy the game or just wait for some more time?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@hiccupshe: Did you like the past few Bioware games, and/or liked the Mass Effect Trilogy? If so, then a probable "Yes".

If you've never invested in the series before? Andromeda should be a logical "No".

Doesn't seem to be the best one to jump-into, as it appears to have many flaws, both technical and in focus. With only the most loyal of fans defending the games short-comings.

Not played the game personally so won't go into depth on things I'm unsure about. But read plenty on this forum on how it handles and plays. And with such a strong year of heavy hitters so far, is it worth investing in this game when better games exist for your time and money?

This game is seemingly for Mass Effect fans that are willing to put up with some technical issues, and noone else. It's sad to put it that way, but that's exactly how I see it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Well, personally, I've decided a long time ago that I was going to wait till all the DLCs arrive and the game "patches out" a bit, and that's even before I got pissed off at EA or read the reviews. Now that the game is getting beaten up by critics and fans left and right, it may now be even smarter to just wait and see how BioWare respond.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i just bought gr: wildlands, since it was on sale on psn, i'll also wiat for a price drop anda acouple of patches for andromeda...

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I haven't played the game yet myself but I've already bought it as I'm a huge Mass Effect fan. Though some people hate on the game or simply find it just average, other people really love it. I suppose if you're also a ME fan you should play it for yourself and form your own opinion regardless of review scores.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

It's not really all that fun to play. You basically do the same stuff over and over again, which I would be okay with (the combat isn't bad) if it weren't for the fact that none of the conversations are interesting and nothing that happens seems to have any weight to it. I personally wouldn't buy it yet. I'm about six hours in, and I'm not sure if I'm even going to go back to it. The multiplayer can be an enjoyable way to kill some time, but every time I launch the game I find myself wanting to just go back to Mass Effect 3 instead (I started a playthrough a few weeks before Andromeda, and I'm having much more fun playing it a second time than I am playing Andromeda).

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I'm enjoying it. But with the amount of negative reactions I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it unless they are already big Mass Effect fans.

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hiccupshe

@MondasM: Is Ghost Recon: Wildlands funny? Feeling dizzy when play the FPS/TPS game, like CS.....

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hiccupshe

@RSM-HQ: I haven't played Bioware games before, just feel Mass Effect: Andromeda is cool in many reviews....

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hiccupshe

@madrocketeer: Alright. waiting would be the wisdom choice

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hiccupshe

@johnd13: Woops, I am not a Mass Effect fan

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hiccupshe

@darthgumballs: Ok, you love Mass Effect 3 more, Bioware would be sad, haha...

Hiccupshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hiccupshe

@MuD3: yes, the reactions from players are not good

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Asking the question if you should is often a sign to wait.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MondasM

@hiccupshe: i have only played the first mission before going out, i am intending to play it through the whole day today, my first impression is ok, the framerate did not seem to be as choppy as the beta, however it's too early to judge... :)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#16 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@hiccupshe said:

@RSM-HQ: I haven't played Bioware games before, just feel Mass Effect: Andromeda is cool in many reviews....

Might you elaborate on what's drawing you to Andromeda?

If it's the Sci Fi theme it might be in your best interest to look into Nier: Automata as an alternative. Cyborgs, Robots, Space. Has it all with amazing combat, and music.

If it's for the idea of giving commands and interacting. Along with RPG progression? Try Dragons Age: Inquisition. Not a game I found very enjoyable, but seems to be like this; but with prettier (everything), and more command options.

tratyu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 tratyu92
Member since 2006 • 1773 Posts

The game is a mess. I blame EA for their poor management and unreasonable schedule. Wait 6 months for them to patch it and then buy it for $25 on sale.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MondasM

@hiccupshe, wildlands is ok, but just that, it doesn't suck you in, or makes you care about the story, it's a run of the mill 3rd person shooter with a long checklist, where the focus was to put in as much as a dev team can without excelling in any of them... well the open world is ok, unless you get stuck in the geometry, which happened to me twice yesterday and had to commit suicide with frag grenades, after which magically my ai teammate found me in my stuck position, revived me and teleported out, at which point i had to kill myself again with c4... :)

there seems to be no collision mechanic with the flora as well, which i reckon is good since your character cannot jump over obstacles without the game prompting for it... :D

i would only recommend this game if you are a true tom clancy games' fan or a sucker for 3rd person shooters... :)